Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 20:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BackSeat Driver graduates with Khushiyon Ki Chaabi (Tata Nano)!!

I've said it off(TBHP)line but I'll say it here again - hearty congratulations to you guys for your brand new Nano! Yellow's the best colour for this little modern day Indian bug.

I think Kishore was the same salesperson who processed our Indigo purchase (nearly 5 years back now) and if he is, your assessment is right. He's a very straightforward and honest man to talk/deal with.

I'm also glad that you got a neat little package deal (7k worth of accessories free and insurance off is sweet any day for a car that's less than 2 lac INR ex-showroom).

Enjoy Tweety-in'! I think Tweety will also easily fit in your Getaway's flatbed trunk, so you could go long distance with it and then use it for local pottering around.

Regards,
spadix
Old 5th April 2011, 21:28   #17
BHPian

Re: Initial 100 Kms Experience

Positives:
  1. Very peppy engine
  2. Powerful AC but doesn't strangle the engine. Last night we had people in the car with AC and it didn't feel gasping for power. Handled the load well.
  3. The interior sound proofing is of very high degree.
  4. Lights are very effective.
  5. Upright driving position and gear shift are at the perfect position.
  6. Rear seat leg space is awesome
  7. The combination switch stalk sounds are very muted thereby giving a feeling of a much higher end car.
  8. The window glasses are tinted.

Reading the above positives that you have mentioned, it sounds like you are talking about a 5-7 lac rupee car. Great going nano.
Old 5th April 2011, 22:33   #18
BHPian

Re: Initial 100 Kms Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
[*]The front and rear tyres have different width thereby making full tyre rotation impossible.
Congrats on your purchase. Yellow is the best colour for the Nano giving it the cute looks.

Is it not possible to have the same spec tyre on all the 4 wheels, say of the wider one ? I know this will bring down the mileage a bit and possibly improve handling a bit.

Don't know what changes this will bring to the dynamics of the car? Is it possible ?
Old 5th April 2011, 22:51   #19

Thanks for all your good wishes. I have been thinking of a Nano for a while now especially since test driving it last year. I don't understand engineering and I leave all the technical stuff to MC all I know is that the Nano is great fun to drive. My Tweety and I are looking forward chasing all the big bad puddy cats on the road
Old 6th April 2011, 10:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations!!!

Your colour looks stunning, please let me know which music system you plan to fit.

Also is it necessary to fit the system from the dealer itself to avoid warranty issues?
Old 8th April 2011, 16:53   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your Khushiyon Ki Chaabi. I can already see MC crunching miles on this too.

When The Yeti® & Normally_Crazy have already done a Mumbai-Delhi Trip on Nano & showed how capable Nano is on Highways too, then the day isin't far away, when MileCruncher & Backseat Driver crunch miles on their Nano too.
Old 8th April 2011, 22:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

congrats Mc and Backseatdriver!

its a wonderful car, had done 8000 kms on mine before giving it away. a gem of a vehicle for the city. could go into the smallest of the lanes and could park it anywhere!

the OE sound system has covers for the speaker which enable to speakers to be mounted on the dashboard itself. would suggest the OE system as it had the bluetooth feature also, but would suggest better speakers (and maybe putting it up under the front seats) instead of the ones which come bundled with it.

also if you are ok with it get a good sun film put up including a lighter shade on the front windshield, it helped me a lot last summer. the ac was much more effective.

be careful if you are getting the cigarette lighter/car charger put up, the nano has a connector/clip for the power under the slot provided but the installers are just cutting it up instead of using a matching connector.

happy motoring! will look fwd in reading the updates!

Last edited by aadix : 8th April 2011 at 22:44.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:07   #23
BHPian

Congrats Milemuncher on the khushion ki chabi,the little yellow bug,the Tata Nano .Looks sweet in yellow.Post some moree pics of the car.
One suggestion : Slap on a LTD sticker on the car.
Do update the thread
Sreehari
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

400 Kms Update

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

Its been 22 days since Tweety came home and the odo only reads 410 Kms, primarily due to wifey not using it during the week and I using the Tornado. But now have decided to complete the running-in of 1000 Kms within this calendar month.

Having extensively driven it around the city, my take:
  1. Very effective AC. You dont need to increase fan speed from 1 especially with upto 2 people.
  2. Extremely light steering. Almost like having power steering. Doesn't require effort.
  3. I like the seats and feel that they are very ergonomic (Seats are without seat covers till now.
  4. The pickup is good. I reach 70KMPH on 4th gear within no time.

Lastly I checked the mileage and with 100% AC Tweety returned 14.61KMPL !
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey Milecruncher!

My Nano is 550 Kms old in 1 month!
Even we have not been getting time to drive it

I have been getting FE of 13.5kmpl, which includes my wife learning on the car occasionally, Full AC and in city.

Having been calculating it from E blinking to E blink again.
I will make sure i do it more accurately next time.

Last edited by silverado : 23rd April 2011 at 13:49. Reason: No explaination provided for E
Old 13th June 2011, 14:19   #26
BHPian

Hello Aniruddha,

Another Aniruddha here and a true Nano Fan! Got my car on 13th of May. Very happy with the possession, covered 1000 KM this weekend, will drive a few more hundred before I give her for the first service. The ownership review is still awaiting as I want to take some nice pictures and the first service done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Hey Milecruncher!

My Nano is 550 Kms old in 1 month!
Even we have not been getting time to drive it

I have been getting FE of 13.5kmpl, which includes my wife learning on the car occasionally, Full AC and in city.

Having been calculating it from E blinking to E blink again.
I will make sure i do it more accurately next time.
Hi silverado,

Try full tank to full tank the best way to assess mileage. The fuel meter is little way more approximate IMO. Also make sure you stop filling after the first auto cut, if its like 13.5 or 14.75 etc make it round that's it. For me I have got 15 kmpl plus in city / highway mixed with AC on all the time and 18 kmpl without ac. Highway its 24 plus. Hope this helps you. Also check my post on here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2387929 to get an idea as to how far you can go from last mark on the fuel indicator.

Last edited by MadTiger : 13th June 2011 at 14:40. Reason: Wrongly addressed someone.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Hello Aniruddha, (Got your name from one member mentioning it)

Another Aniruddha here and a true Nano Fan! Got my car on 13th of May. Very happy with the possession, covered 1000 KM this weekend, will drive a few more hundred before I give her for the first service. The ownership review is still awaiting as I want to take some nice pictures and the first service done. I saw your post to my reply in "List of all Nano issue" Thanks.
Congrats Namesake ( a fellow bong I suppose) on acquiring the Nano.
First weekend and already 1000 Kms done . Great!

I also have been getting about 15KMPL with 100% AC in the city and I really like the car. Tweety still hasn't completed 1000 Kms so waiting for the 1st Service to rectify a few issues like brake and clutch free play.

Cheers
Old 13th June 2011, 16:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Namesake ( a fellow bong I suppose) on acquiring the Nano.
First weekend and already 1000 Kms done . Great!

I also have been getting about 15KMPL with 100% AC in the city and I really like the car. Tweety still hasn't completed 1000 Kms so waiting for the 1st Service to rectify a few issues like brake and clutch free play.

Cheers
Yes! A bong indeed. BTW thanks for calling Namesake one of my favorite movie. Actually forth weekend, as I mentioned 13th May I took the delivery of my sweetie . Two week wasted as it was in TASS for accident repairs. Check here for details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2364429 Hope to catch up with you more on our Nano's!
Old 6th July 2011, 18:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

1st Service Update

Last week Tweety went for her 1st Service to Concorde Motors. Tweety needed few things fixed as follows:
  1. Brake Adjustment
  2. Clutch Free play adjustment
  3. ECM Addition

Summary of our experience of the service:
  1. We notified the Service Adviser about clutch free play adjustment and brake adjustment. Apart from that we wanted to get the engine oil and oil filter also changed.
  2. We were informed that oil change was not covered under the package to which we agreed to have that on payable basis. The SA in her estimate quoted Rs.1000 for engine oil and oil filter and Rs.1000 for labour for oil change. On raising a hue and cry about quoting weird rates, I was quoted a much more normal and acceptable rate of Rs.300/- for labour.
  3. The Service Coupon for 1st Free Service says Labour Free, but the SA still added flimsy items like door glass alignment and some such for Rs.88/- stating that these were recommended by TATA Motors. I had to tell the SA sternly to remove the same from the list as there was no need. Either ways I consider this as an unscrupulous way of extracting money from customer as ideally all labour is supposedly free in the service or faulty items taken care under warranty.
  4. While collecting the car in the evening found 2 items that had not been asked.
  5. Door and other alignment – Rs 88/-
  6. WD40 Rust Leak – Rs.74.24/- ( 1 ML used for Rust Leak )
    BackSeat Driver graduates with Khushiyon Ki Chaabi (Tata Nano)!!-concorde-invoicetbhp.jpg
  7. On questioning the concerned SA about the items, she was unable to answer anything and took me to the Manager – CRM who agreed to waive off the items.
  8. An alternate invoice was prepared and given to me for payment. The SA asked me to sign a BLANK feedback form which I refused. In front of my eyes, the same form was passed by the SA to one of her colleagues to fill and make a forged signature.

I was so disgusted with the SA that I asked my wife to lodge a formal complaint against Service Adviser - Laxmi Padmaja Taneeru for day light forgery being committed. We sent a mail to TATA Motors Customer Care with a copy marked to the CEO of Concorde Motors. And all my wife received was a call from a private market research agency asking for an appointment to come down to take a survey.

This is our 2nd visit to Concorde Motors workshop with the Nano and both have been consistent bad experiences. If this is the state of affairs in a TATA Motors subsidiary, I shudder to think the state of affairs in other dealerships. Going by our present experiences, I don’t think we will buy another TATA vehicle unless things change drastically.

Customer Service at Mahindra is definitely much BETTER!

P.S: May be Concorde IS the worst dealer around http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...dit-india.html

Last edited by MileCruncher : 6th July 2011 at 18:30.
Old 8th July 2011, 09:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1st Service Update

Quote:
P.S: May be Concorde IS the worst dealer around http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...dit-india.html
CONCORDE being TATA subsidiary is supposed to be the BEST, it shocking to know about your experience.

Should we change the engine oil in first service??
Is it recommended as per manufacturer??

I know its a good practice, i havent changed mine and have touched 1800 kms till date!

I was of impression that they change it, but i was told its changed at 10000K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks