Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 22:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to anothe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Very neatly written review. Congratulations on the buy. I had recently test driven a cedia registered in bombay. Very impressed with it. But the dealer kept telling me its a 4 year old car with only 20000kms on its odometer which i really doubt, plus, he was quoting 5.5lakhs for the car. Had to let it go as my better half put her foot down as as definite no. Waiting till december and hoping i can change her mind plus searching for the right one. Cheer.
You can get good examples at reasonable prices!the car is reliable so just watch out for any major structural damages!
Old 19th April 2011, 01:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to anothe

@carfreak, congrats on the pristine specimen of Cedia!
For the light steering, I feel it will weigh up somewhat when you upgrade from 195/60R15 to 205/55/R15 or if you actually go to 215s. The unladen weight will increase due to the heavier tyres. I felt the same on my Lancer going from 175/80R13 to 195/60R15. Ofcourse, maybe the wheels are heavier too, but given that its steel vs alloy, I guess the tyres contribute more..
Enjoy your drives :-)
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2011, 09:26   #33
BHPian

How is the FE in the city? I agree that this is one of the good car which didn't do well due to poor marketing.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:11   #34
BHPian

Hey Carfreak, congratulations!

No clue how I missed this thread. Thought I was the only one posting and ranting about a Cedia recently.

Well Gaurav has descended on this post and so should Khoj in a bit, they are the best when it comes to hands-on advise on the car. After all it was their posts and TBHP that made me buy mine.

I agree with Gaurav to avoid the 16" alloys, and yes do go in for an extended waranty, it's only 6500. I would also advise to get the Mitsubishi roadside assistance it comes at 2000 odd for a year and assures prompt service.

Also advise a tire upgrade, maybe an upsize too if you want, Michelins are good options here since quite a few people I know have had troubles with Yokos.

I agree with you on the seat's lateral support, and I am of a big built so it scares me the car might just roll over.

The fabric seats would, as rightly pointed by Gaurav, provide more grip due to their extra padding. You could get some padding for support in these leathers too.

What I dont agree with is the build quality, I find it top notch, and ditto for the quality of plastic and interiors. Build is solid and not tinny like most other cars.

As for rattles, I have noticed that if I keep getting the car washed inside-out, regularly, it eliminates alot of the rattles. There are none emanating from the inside so far, apart from a slight rattle from the drivers side door.

There have also been complaints by owners regarding sound from the glove box, and you could search threads for that. (will try find and post here)

The only other nagging rattle is the rear number plate, and I plan to get it changed soon.

Another trusted remedy I use is to go all out over a rough patch or a bump, just freewheeling, and lo and behold: all rattles just go quiet.

What I am relieved to see is the 'air duct' on your Cedia is still the open one. HM service stations are changing that to a closed unit, so keep an eye out for that.

That said, great choice of car and good drivers review. Two thumbs up!

OT: now that you have the Cedia, you might want to check with Raaj and continue the original thread. Just a thought!
Old 19th April 2011, 23:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hey Carfreak, congratulations!

I agree with Gaurav to avoid the 16" alloys, and yes do go in for an extended waranty, it's only 6500. I would also advise to get the Mitsubishi roadside assistance it comes at 2000 odd for a year and assures prompt service.

Also advise a tire upgrade, maybe an upsize too if you want, Michelins are good options here since quite a few people I know have had troubles with Yokos.

What I dont agree with is the build quality, I find it top notch, and ditto for the quality of plastic and interiors. Build is solid and not tinny like most other cars.

What I am relieved to see is the 'air duct' on your Cedia is still the open one. HM service stations are changing that to a closed unit, so keep an eye out for that.

That said, great choice of car and good drivers review. Two thumbs up!

OT: now that you have the Cedia, you might want to check with Raaj and continue the original thread. Just a thought!
Thanks a lot mandheers!i read through your entire review too.hope no problems with the fuel pump and none will come up too!!

Regarding build quality i felt that european cars especially the fiat linea, the skoda laura etc had better build quality.not that the cedia's is bad but when you compare you will notice that it is not as satisfying a feel like you get with european cars!

Tyre upgrade is definitely coming up,i have had no experience with Yokohama but i have used Michelins in the past and loved them so guess that will be my choice.

Do you have any picture of the closed air duct?i havent seen one yet!should i tell specifically when i give for service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How is the FE in the city? I agree that this is one of the good car which didn't do well due to poor marketing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
@carfreak, congrats on the pristine specimen of Cedia!
For the light steering, I feel it will weigh up somewhat when you upgrade from 195/60R15 to 205/55/R15 or if you actually go to 215s. The unladen weight will increase due to the heavier tyres. I felt the same on my Lancer going from 175/80R13 to 195/60R15. Ofcourse, maybe the wheels are heavier too, but given that its steel vs alloy, I guess the tyres contribute more..
Enjoy your drives :-)
Thank you guys regarding FE i am yet to do a proper check.for most city drives i use my wife's ritz so cannot comment on the FE in city.on the highway i am getting 14-15kmpl!
Old 19th April 2011, 23:37   #36
BHPian

Rodents put my cedia out of action!!

I never saw this one coming!!2 days back i start my cedia and take it for a drive and i notice the whole car was jerking severely!!i open my bonnet and what do i see-rats have bit one of the spark plug cables!!and that was why the car was jerking violently!

Today i fixed it somehow with an insulation tape-a temporary measure so that i could at least drive it to Mangalore which is the nearest authorised service center (65km away!)but half way through it came loose and again the jerks started.somehow i managed to take it till the a.s.s.

Now here is the real bad news-they do not have this spare part!and they advice me not to drive it till they get it fixed.obviously i was not planning to drive it back in that state but i declined their offer for a temporary fix-it solution and instead decided to wait for another 4-5days (the time it will take for the part to come!)Till then the cedia will cool its heels(tyres) at the a.s.s.

Here is a pic of the cut spark plug!
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to another-p1010309.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 00:47   #37
dww

Car looks new, man. It has been maintained very well, obviously. Have fun with the Cedia!!

It comes as a bit of a surprise that the Cedia's suspension is soft. But then, I suppose comfort is probably big on a manufacturer's priorities for a car in that segment.

Btw, are the wheels/tyres stock?
Old 20th April 2011, 15:57   #38
BHPian

Hey Carfreak, here's the post I was referring to. Patilan was quick to both sight the change and post pictures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1514158

Awful sorry about the spark plug incident there, I can understand the hurt that causes on a newly acquired car.

Let me know if it's a part that can be sent from Mumbai via courier. I could check with the service stations here.
Old 20th April 2011, 16:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

@Carfreak

I like this car. It is very under-rated. But since this is a 'market flop', don't you think you pay waaaaay over board for this? I know that prices in Bangalore (and probably whole Karnataka) are insane. You could have bought a use CIVIC easily for the same price (I am not suggesting you should since you wanted a more driver centric car). I am just drawing a comparison since Civic, unlike Cedia, is a market superhit. More so, since you said the owner wanted to supposedly sell this quickly.

On the positive side, the car's condition is immaculate.
Old 20th April 2011, 23:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Awful sorry about the spark plug incident there, I can understand the hurt that causes on a newly acquired car.

Let me know if it's a part that can be sent from Mumbai via courier. I could check with the service stations here.
Its ok man the service center has placed the order.today i enquired again and they are saying that the part may arrive by saturday!keeping my fingers crossed!

More than the cable getting cut i am more upset at the fact that in all probability the rat problem may re-surface!anyway went through the thread on 'How to protect your car from rats' and planning to take some precautionary measures!

Thanks a lot for the help anyway!spare part availability is an issue here and i may definitely grab your offer on some other day!!

Regarding the closing of the air duct i think it is a very stupid thing to do!wonder why Mitsubishi is doing this!i will definitely make it a point to note they do not do it in mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
@Carfreak

I like this car. It is very under-rated. But since this is a 'market flop', don't you think you pay waaaaay over board for this? I know that prices in Bangalore (and probably whole Karnataka) are insane. You could have bought a use CIVIC easily for the same price (I am not suggesting you should since you wanted a more driver centric car). I am just drawing a comparison since Civic, unlike Cedia, is a market superhit. More so, since you said the owner wanted to supposedly sell this quickly.

On the positive side, the car's condition is immaculate.
True price was bit on the high side!but anyway it is ok now!

@dww yes the tyres are stock!

Last edited by carfreak : 20th April 2011 at 23:23.
Old 21st April 2011, 18:00   #41
BHPian

Excellent purchase! Both on the car and this specific car, since I know Raaj personally and he is a car enthusiast to the core.

I have been searching for a Cedia for the past couple of months and have not come across any decent ones. Most of the good one, the owners would change their minds at the last moment or the prices were too high. This being a drivers car, most examples have high mileage and has see a hard life too.

Considering for a 2006 or 07 run around 40K, single owner asking price is still 6.5L, I think you got a decent deal. The other 09 I saw for sale was asking 9L. Have fun, hopefull I will also join the Cedizen club very soon.
Old 21st April 2011, 19:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Excellent purchase! Both on the car and this specific car, since I know Raaj personally and he is a car enthusiast to the core.

Considering for a 2006 or 07 run around 40K, single owner asking price is still 6.5L, I think you got a decent deal. The other 09 I saw for sale was asking 9L. Have fun, hopefull I will also join the Cedizen club very soon.
Thank you Diablo!!Finally someone is not surprised at the price tag!!actually though i know it is a bit high, it is just a 'bit'!!and i know the used car rates in south India and especially Bangalore is a bit on the higher side!plus the condition in which raaj maintained it i am not feeling all bad about the price!

Wishing you an advance 'welcome' to the Cedizens club
Old 21st April 2011, 20:11   #43
BHPian

Excellent review.
Even i was looking for some good used Cedia's but i got a used Palio instead :-)
Well after reading your review,Cedia makes a strong case for my future upgrade.

Regarding the price,I guess you have paid the right price, as not many used Cedia's are available.
"Premium cars maintained by premium owners(one who takes good care) always commands a premium in the market"
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Excellent review.
Even i was looking for some good used Cedia's but i got a used Palio instead :-)
Well after reading your review,Cedia makes a strong case for my future upgrade.

Regarding the price,I guess you have paid the right price, as not many used Cedia's are available.
"Premium cars maintained by premium owners(one who takes good care) always commands a premium in the market"
Thanks man i totally agree with you!!
Old 8th May 2011, 21:05   #45
BHPian

First service after i bought the car!

Really sorry guys for the delay in updating this!!last 2 weeks have been extremely busy for me!!

Well got my Cedia back from the service center on the 25th of April!as i had mentioned before, the rats biting at my spark plug cable meant that for around 5days the car was at the service center itself!!The holidays during that period compounded the delay in parts arriving!anyway here is the review

Service center:Shreenidhi Automobiles
Place:Mangalore

The location is at Kuloor on the National Highway 17 and is easy to access!

I have attached some pictures of the facility.as can be seen this service center does not look like most modern authorised service centers look and so also the facilities they have cannot be compared to the likes of Maruti, Hyundai etc.

But the staff are a dedicated lot.They are very patient and are keen to understand the problem.now the number of Cedias in Mangalore/Udupi districts are very very few which meant they had to frequently refer the service catalogue for the serial no. of parts/jobs to be done at routine service etc.But they really show interest in knowing what job to be done and are enthusiastic in getting the job done right.

Also whenever i mention a problem they are keen to listen to it.this is something i appreciate-in contrast whenever i take my ritz to the maruti a.s.s. they have a 'taken-for-granted' approach and just brush aside my queries saying "Oh that is nothing sir we will fix it!it could be a problem with xyz part or the abc part" or something to that effect without listening to the problem completely

Here is a list of the works done and the costs involved-

1. Plug Body Rs.118
2. Cable assy Rs.1182
3. Wiper Rs.625 x 2 = Rs.1250

Labour charges
1.Cable assy Rs.120
2.Wiper(2) Rs.120
3.General Check-up Rs.750
4.Painting Rs.850
5.Car wash/vaccuming Rs.300

Parts total: Rs.2550
Labour total: Rs.2215

Grand total: Rs.5349 (inclusive of taxes)

Extra Rs.711 for the wheel alignment and balancing

Extended Warranty: This was an area which caused a minor hiccup.either no one here has asked for it or due to some other reason, but they had absolutely no clue as to how to go about getting it!2 days after i gave it for service the service advisor calls me and tells me they are awaiting a mail from Southern Motors, Bangalore giving the full service history of my car as that was where the car was previously serviced.the same had to be forwarded to Hindustan Motors.only a car with a clean record would be eligible to get an extended warranty!

Now this is where the problem started-Southern Motors recently shut down their business!!so he was doubtful whether they would reply to his mail.thankfully 2days later he calls me and tells they have sent him the service history and since all services were done at the due time, i am eligible for extended warranty.i am yet to receive it though-Hindustan Motors will directly send it to my address from Chennai!!cost of Extended warranty is Rs.7500/-

So in total i had to pay Rs.13,560/-

After driving the car for a week now, i feel like i am driving a new car!no oil change was done still it feels fresh!However the wheel alignment issue has not been sorted out-the service center gets it done from somewhere outside and it is evident it has not been done properly!so got to get that done from some where in Udupi itself!

Only other issue is a small rattling noise from the rear-cannot locate it but i doubt it is the number plate!otherwise the car feels like a new animal altogether!

Attaching pics of the service center
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to another-p1010352.jpg  

Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to another-p1010353.jpg  

Last edited by carfreak : 8th May 2011 at 21:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks