Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 23:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Thanks Swiftnfurious,
Every year in Autocar December issue you get spare's cost comparison, after studying it I believe X Trail spares are priced competitively against Fortuner, Captiva and Endy.
A friend of mine who owns a Captiva was told that the total normal servicing cost for 1L km is going to be Rs. 41,000/- altogether ! And I have seen pretty low cost of servicing for the Fortuner as well. Modern Diesels have come a long way. I guess I will be paying a similar amount for my Swift D too by the time I cover 1L km even while costing just 25% of these cars !

Wow ! Thats a good news. I guess I had read somewhere that the spares of Xtrail are expensive. This clarifies the air.

Quote:
For air filter and oil filter I paid 1500.
Cmon, Thats more or less the same price we pay for a Swift D as well !!

Quote:
Yes, any tuning box gives instant results. I experienced same with Pete's box in Swift and also in Octy. As per my understanding,they alter the ECU signals to pressure pump which increases as required in heavy acceleration.
So it should give instant result with healthy pressure pump.
Right, the tuning boxes re-write / overwrite the stock ECU settings. I had read in Pete's box reviews that sometimes it takes some time for the stock settings to be refreshed with the ones in the box.This is where the delay used to happen is what I read.
Old 20th June 2011, 00:24   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I was just going thru your thread hoping to find the price of the X Trail. I believe you took delivery of your car in Jan 2011??
  1. What was the ex showroom price and OTR for your model?
  2. Whats the price for the manual top end model?
  3. Also did you get any discounts as I read that there was some discounts offered for the car in Jan 2011?
Old 20th June 2011, 11:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I was just going thru your thread hoping to find the price of the X Trail. I believe you took delivery of your car in Jan 2011??
  1. What was the ex showroom price and OTR for your model?
  2. Whats the price for the manual top end model?
  3. Also did you get any discounts as I read that there was some discounts offered for the car in Jan 2011?
- Ex showroom - 25.19 L
- OTR 30 L
- I took delivery in Nov 10. No discount except 60% on insurance.

From Jan 11 to Mar 11 they were offering hefty discount up to 3 L.
SLX MT is 1.5 L cheaper comparing AT.
I personally feel auto is best in class and worth extra money.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 19:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review Raosaheb and congratulations on your beast. I recently took the test drive of the X-trail last week at the newly opened showroom in Meerut (opened by a close friend). Dont take it otherwise, but somehow was not impressed by the interiors and stock stereo. Somehow the Skoda's were loaded in comparison (Test drove the Superb and Yeti also). The Superb at 19.4L on road really blew me off with its equipment levels. Did not take on a long test drive so cant comment on it's engine, which seems its main strength. But it looked nearly half size the Fortuner and doesnt have a 3rd row of seats for the entire extended family, but that may have been your requirement.

But it's different.... and that's what you required... congrats once again...
Old 1st July 2011, 11:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Excellent review Raosaheb and congratulations on your beast. I recently took the test drive of the X-trail last week at the newly opened showroom in Meerut (opened by a close friend). Dont take it otherwise, but somehow was not impressed by the interiors and stock stereo. Somehow the Skoda's were loaded in comparison (Test drove the Superb and Yeti also). The Superb at 19.4L on road really blew me off with its equipment levels. Did not take on a long test drive so cant comment on it's engine, which seems its main strength. But it looked nearly half size the Fortuner and doesnt have a 3rd row of seats for the entire extended family, but that may have been your requirement.

But it's different.... and that's what you required... congrats once again...
Hi,
Your observations are right.
My partner own Laura DSG and Cruze, equipments offered by Skoda are much ahead comparing others in that price bracket.
My daily run is around 40 to 60 km. 20% city traffic and 80% highway and no road conditions in GIDC (Industrial area). While driving Laura in industrial area I scrapped underbelly couple of times (though Laura has sufficient GC)
So considering this, for me any plush sedan with long wheel base was a big no no.
Hence dropped idea to look at Jetta and 320 CE.
For me, auto box, good GC, reliable engine, little higher driving position (legs are bit long) were the main priorities. Also I am not a big fan of some of the fancy stuff offered by Skoda (auto headlamps/wipers)
My experience with local Skoda service is pathetic hence though I liked Yeti, I dropped idea to buy it. Yeti has all bells and whistles but no autobox which is my prime requirement.

Then come X1, very much of my taste but with same money (CE) I bought X Trail with big sunroof and Xenons. X1 also doesn't have spare tyre, which make me nervous looking at the kind of road conditions I regularly use.

You are absolutely right about T Forte, but I never wanted a hardcore SUV and I don't require vehicle to carry seven persons. Personally, I don't agree to carry people in boot. The person sitting in boot (3rd row) is compromised in comfort as well as safety)
I wanted a vehicle of RAV 4 category, not T Forte. I liked the gigantic proportions and tough built quality of T Forte.

I paid more because of CBU taxation, not that X Trail is overpriced.

Every car has its strength and weaknesses, so does X Trail.
Interior is basic, functional and practical. Our Cruze has fancy cockpit but it makes no difference to me.
I changed stock speakers and it worked.
I think any car of this size should have reverse parking sensors as standard, which is not in X Trail. I fitted them afterwards.

Anyway thanks for your reply.
Old 1st July 2011, 12:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Part of the problem why the interior doesn't feel as luxurious as it should be is because of the dual tone scheme which is kind of 'reversed'. Normally you have the lower portion as beige with the upper trims (dash and the trims which meet the window glass) in darker shade. In X-Trail it is the other way.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raosaheb,
Thank you for a nice, pithy report. Good to see all going well with your N-X-T.
I guess it meets your requirement/s to the T !
I think couple of years or so ago I had a look at the N-X-T and was put off by the fact that they didn't have a diesel option at that point of time. Otherwise I thought I liked the vehicle overall and liked the feeling that this is the badge that gave the Indian Army the Patrol (Jonga) and 1 tonner - 4W73 !

Have fun and do keep posting regular updates !

Last edited by Guderian : 1st July 2011 at 15:14.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
I think couple of years or so ago I had a look at the N-X-T and was put off by the fact that they didn't have a diesel option at that point of time.
Probably it is the CRV you had checked? X-Trail always came only in Diesel here.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Probably it is the CRV you had checked? X-Trail always came only in Diesel here.
Ahhh...you are right.
The engine I was mixing up was of the H-CRV and the body of the NXT ! Growing old am I ?!!

The other factors of course was the price (almost 25 then - 2 years ago) and Nissan's thin dealer spread for the put off from NXT.

Last edited by Guderian : 1st July 2011 at 15:38.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Part of the problem why the interior doesn't feel as luxurious as it should be is because of the dual tone scheme which is kind of 'reversed'. Normally you have the lower portion as beige with the upper trims (dash and the trims which meet the window glass) in darker shade. In X-Trail it is the other way.
I guess it is much better for a soft roader to keep it clean? Muck coming in is the order of the day!Imagine the horror if it was the reverse way. All black would have been much better though.
Old 1st July 2011, 19:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
I guess it is much better for a soft roader to keep it clean? Muck coming in is the order of the day!Imagine the horror if it was the reverse way. All black would have been much better though.
Agreed,
In Laura, I face same problem. It it very difficult to keep it stain free in rainy season. After every long trip to Kolhapur, I always had to get it cleaned by professional.
Also, all black would have been of my choice as my swift cabin feel sportier with black interior as well as black seats.
Old 1st July 2011, 19:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed,
In Laura, I face same problem. It it very difficult to keep it stain free in rainy season. After every long trip to Kolhapur, I always had to get it cleaned by professional.
Also, all black would have been of my choice as my swift cabin feel sportier with black interior as well as black seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Raosaheb,
Thank you for a nice, pithy report. Good to see all going well with your N-X-T.
I guess it meets your requirement/s to the T !
I think couple of years or so ago I had a look at the N-X-T and was put off by the fact that they didn't have a diesel option at that point of time. Otherwise I thought I liked the vehicle overall and liked the feeling that this is the badge that gave the Indian Army the Patrol (Jonga) and 1 tonner - 4W73 !

Have fun and do keep posting regular updates !
Thanks Guderian,
Just completed 14000 and enjoying every drive.
I love the European car's driving dynamics, but for our traffic and road conditions we opt for the Japanese reliability.

Again, enjoy your Japanese machine.
Old 4th December 2011, 18:29   #28
BHPian

Completed 26k in a year.
1800 km trip to Kolhapur-Goa was awesome.
Cruising at 120-140 was quite relaxing.
There was absolutely no road (25 km) from Wildernest resort to Belgam.
I could see only MAN trucks on that 25 km stretch.
Good GC and four wheel drive helped a lot.

Having a wonderful time with this Japanese machine since last year.
Will upload the recent pictures.
Old 17th December 2011, 20:05   #29
BHPian

Widernest(Chorla Ghat) to Belgam first 25 km were almost like offroading.
Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-338.jpg

Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-339.jpg
X Trail is at the place where it suits best.
Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-341.jpg
4wheel drive gives confidence on this terrain.
Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-343.jpg

Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-344.jpg
Sat nav helped in no mans land.
Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-345.jpg
Only companions were MAN trucks
Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-346.jpg

Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-349.jpg

Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-369.jpg
Expressway cruising at120 kmph/2100 rpm was quite relaxing.
Nissan X Trail. Updated 61k kms-camera-416.jpg
Old 18th December 2011, 14:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 26k in a year.
Hi Desai-Saheb !
Good to read about the progress of your X-Trail !
What have been the overall costs till date ? Servicing etc.
What kind of FE figures are you getting ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed