Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 14:46   #136
BHPian

re: Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Took delivery of the Passat Highline yesterday. It's by far the easiest car to drive around the city. To get any power kicks out of it, you need to be in S mode, else the car changes gears far too quickly to get maximum fuel efficiency. Just a note, the car's ac(blower at least, cant confirm whether the compressor itself was on) remained on even when the car turned off due to auto start/stop. I need to go through the manuals thoroughly today, as the VW chap was insistent that you cant turn this feature off.
Congratulations on your new car apurva512!

It is surprisingly easy to drive in city-traffic despite it's size! It is reasonably punchy in 'D' mode even though the real fun begins in 'S' mode.

There is a button to turn the start-stop feature off. However I don't think it is possible to turn the AC blower off automatically when the start-stop is activated and functioning. You can ofcourse switch off the AC manually , but that kind of defeats the purpose.

fordfreak
Old 13th December 2012, 15:28   #137
BHPian

Oh i'm not complaining about the punch in 'D' mode. It just takes a lot longer for it to kick in compared to the laura a/t which i drive quite a bit. From the little I have driven so far, the main power only kicks in post 2500 rpm compared to 1500 -1700 in the laura. Are you referring to the button with the big 'A' on it to the left of the gear stick? If so, the VW service chap was insistent that all the button does is turn Attention Assist on/off, and not Start Stop. Like I said, will have to go through the manual properly.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:19   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If so, the VW service chap was insistent that all the button does is turn Attention Assist on/off, and not Start Stop. Like I said, will have to go through the manual properly.
Unlikely they would give you a button to turn attention assist off. Its certainly for the auto start stop. Also the kick comes in later, because this engine being the same as the Laura produces more power which does increase the turbo lag a bit.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:46   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Oh i'm not complaining about the punch in 'D' mode. It just takes a lot longer for it to kick in compared to the laura a/t which i drive quite a bit. From the little I have driven so far, the main power only kicks in post 2500 rpm compared to 1500 -1700 in the laura. Are you referring to the button with the big 'A' on it to the left of the gear stick? If so, the VW service chap was insistent that all the button does is turn Attention Assist on/off, and not Start Stop. Like I said, will have to go through the manual properly.
The button you're talking about is indeed the one that deactivates the start-stop function. The VW chap seems to have been quite ill-informed .

Slightly , but does anyone here know if its possible to activate features such as the needle-sweep during start-up and horn alert during locking/unlocking the car?
Old 17th December 2012, 12:15   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
The button you're talking about is indeed the one that deactivates the start-stop function.
=====
features such as the needle-sweep during start-up and horn alert during locking/unlocking the car?
I have been experimenting with a ross tech vcds on my passat. I think needle sweep is possible but i haven't been able to activate horn alert.
Old 21st December 2012, 10:52   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaustpipe View Post
I have been experimenting with a ross tech vcds on my passat. I think needle sweep is possible but i haven't been able to activate horn alert.
So have you managed to activated the needle-sweep feature? Could you also shed some light on any other features apart from the two discussed, that could be activated? Thanks

Also, could any Passat owners shed some light on the servicing costs they've incurred so far? My car just had its 1 year service done and was charged Rs.17k. The dealer told me that the next service would cost about 28k! Any thoughts on this?

fordfreak
Old 25th December 2012, 13:19   #142
BHPian

I came to know from pune dealer that comfortline model is discontinued, only trendline and highline are being sold.
There is 2.3 lacs discount as year end offer.
Old 26th December 2012, 17:31   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDelight View Post
I came to know from pune dealer that comfortline model is discontinued, only trendline and highline are being sold.
There is 2.3 lacs discount as year end offer.
The same was confirmed by the dealer in Mumbai as well. VW has indeed discontinued comfortline and are taking bookings only for trendline and highline.
Old 26th December 2012, 17:45   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
So have you managed to activated the needle-sweep feature? Could you also shed some light on any other features apart from the two discussed, that could be activated? Thanks

Also, could any Passat owners shed some light on the servicing costs they've incurred so far? My car just had its 1 year service done and was charged Rs.17k. The dealer told me that the next service would cost about 28k! Any thoughts on this?

fordfreak
I paid 11.5K for the first 1 year (15K) service at VW Chandigarh.

I had bought the 2011 Passat (Trendline) in October last year....just love it.
driven646 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 18:25   #145
BHPian

Driven646-How is the AC performance in trendline?
I did not like the aircon unit in passat trendline and RCD310 music system is too basic.
Even my jetta has got dualzone climatronic.
Old 26th December 2012, 18:39   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDelight View Post
Driven646-How is the AC performance in trendline?
I did not like the aircon unit in passat trendline and RCD310 music system is too basic.
Even my jetta has got dualzone climatronic.
Hi Mate,

The Passat 'Trendline' is identical to the Highline model in every aspect except the following:

1) No Self Park
2) No A/C Seats
3) No Rear View Camera
4) No Separate Start/Stop Button (Key FOB Push start)
5) Beige all Leather Interior instead of all Black
6) Different alloys (I prefer the Trendline ones)
7) 4 Way Powered seats instead of 12 Way

Besides the above the 'Trendline' version is fully loaded....DRL's, Tiptronic, paddle shifts, etc etc

My Passat 'Trendline' has dualzone climatronic, heated front seats and the Music system is the same as the Highline version. The Park Assist is Image with Radar (front and back)

The A/C was more than adequate in 35-40C temperature when I took it down to the plains.

I have driven the car for about 18K km's in about 15 months and the Car is just superb.
Old 26th December 2012, 20:21   #147
BHPian

The new 'trendline' version doesn,t have dual zone climate control. It has attention assist and all safety features.
The music system is very basic, no touchscreen,bluetooth or steering mounted controls.
Since it is MT, no question of auto controls.
Old 26th December 2012, 20:39   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
Hi Mate,
The Passat 'Trendline' is identical to the Highline model in every aspect except the following:
Lol buddy you have the Comfortline, and not the trendline
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 08:03   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Lol buddy you have the Comfortline, and not the trendline
oops...yes my apologies...I have the 'Comfortline' Passat.....My apologies to Diesel as well.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:07   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
Hi Mate,

The A/C was more than adequate in 35-40C temperature when I took it down to the plains.
The A/C cools very well at the front, but takes significantly longer to chill the back-seat passengers during peak summer temperatures. Would have preferred the blower at the rear to have been stronger.

I own a December 2011 Passat (Highline) and have enjoyed the car immensely! However, VW service seriously needs to improve (atleast in Kolkata).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks