Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 11:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If I remember right it costs Rs 9999 for the 2 year extended warranty (from the date of purchase) if you buy it along with the vehicle or within the first few months.
For the Scorpio, the Extended Warranty costs Rs.9999 if you buy it before 60 days from the date of sale, Rs.10999 if you buy it after 60 days but before 1 year from the DOS and Rs.12999 if you buy it after 1 year from the DOS.

The pricing should be similar for the Thar, methinks.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 19th April 2011, 11:08   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thank you
thats right
i think it is worthwhile to buy this

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
For the Scorpio, the Extended Warranty costs Rs.9999 if you buy it before 60 days from the date of sale, Rs.10999 if you buy it after 60 days but before 1 year from the DOS and Rs.12999 if you buy it after 1 year from the DOS.

The pricing should be similar for the Thar, methinks.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 20th April 2011, 18:55   #33
BHPian

Many fellow BHP-ians had asked me to post photographs showing how I have placed the Speakers in my Thar. So, here goes -
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp19.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp13.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp14.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp15.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp16.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp17.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 19:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

^^ Driver / Co-Driver seat movement getting restricted?

Spike
Old 20th April 2011, 19:08   #35
BHPian

Thank you Janjua for taking the time to post the pics.

Spike - Where else can one put the speakers ? Given the soft top, this is not how most would like to put the speakers. It should be a little difficult for one to remove if some one tries.

Cheers
Carrot
Old 20th April 2011, 19:09   #36
BHPian

@MileCruncher @Slalom I am posting some pictures of 255/65 R16 Tyres on my Thar. I feel if it was not for the plastic fender extensions, the tyres would protrude out a bit. But, like I said earlier, till date, I have had no issues with the tyres fouling up the body -
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp21.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp22.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp23.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp24.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp25.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp26.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th April 2011, 19:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
^^ Driver / Co-Driver seat movement getting restricted?

Spike
No Sir. As you can see in the pictures the both the front seats have been drawn back fully. In my case (driver) that is the position that I drive the Thar in, so no issues. Yes reclining the back might be an issue, but since I have a comfortable position to drive in, I have not checked that.

Last edited by Janjua : 20th April 2011 at 19:16.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:24   #38
BHPian

Some more pictures of the Pioneer Mp3 player and the Borg Warner Transfer Cover that refuses to settle down. The opening is where the hot air starts flowing into the canopy -
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp18.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp20.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp29.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp30.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp31.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 19:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thar DI comes with a rubber mat which can be placed near the gear levers, check them out if you are interested.

Spike
Old 20th April 2011, 21:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep Ji i'd suggest that you take your jeep to a motorcycle seat cover wala and ask him to make you a faux leather shifter boot.And stick it to the base with thier special glue.That thing is very very sticky.Once it sticks it can only be torn off.
Old 20th April 2011, 21:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Thank you Janjua for taking the time to post the pics.

Spike - Where else can one put the speakers ? Given the soft top, this is not how most would like to put the speakers. It should be a little difficult for one to remove if some one tries.

Cheers
Carrot
@carrot_eater I agree with you that this is not the ideal fit. But, the only other way was to drill holes into the floor of the vehicle and fix the speakers with metal strips. I did not want to do that.
One thing to keep in mind is that there are rarely any instances where the vandals/thieves have taken away the speakers along with the music system.
I can assure you of one thing though, the day I loose my speakers, my Thar will also be gone along with them
I think my arrangement is cool. Yes, if someone is going in for very expensive speakers then it is a different ball game altogether. Securing them to the floor would be a prudent option then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Sandeep Ji i'd suggest that you take your jeep to a motorcycle seat cover wala and ask him to make you a faux leather shifter boot.And stick it to the base with thier special glue.That thing is very very sticky.Once it sticks it can only be torn off.
@Navpreet Thanks for the idea brother. I will check that out for sure. The air coming into the canopy is really hot. Might make the AC ineffective to some extent, if and when I get one installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
^^ Thar DI comes with a rubber mat which can be placed near the gear levers, check them out if you are interested.

Spike
@Spike Thanks for the information Sir. Infact I had custom made mats even for the 'gear area', but the problem was that once the Thar was parked in the open for some time and the interiors heated up, the mats used to become really soft and used to crumple up with my foot movement, thereby hindering the clutch and the brake usage. So I removed them.
I will surely check out the MDi mats when I go to the dealership for the first service.

Warm regards everyone.
Old 20th April 2011, 22:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

You have two pictures of the Rear Fender that seem to show some sort of problem. Anything you have not shared with us? ;-))
Old 20th April 2011, 22:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
You have two pictures of the Rear Fender that seem to show some sort of problem. Anything you have not shared with us? ;-))
What problem do you see? Now that you have mentioned it, it does seem bent in the photo. Will check in the morning and get back to you
Old 22nd April 2011, 07:50   #44
BHPian

@roy_libran I checked the rear fender. Nothing is wrong with it. It seems bent in the picture, but actually, it isn't.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:44   #45
BHPian

1st Free Service of my Thar

Date - 7th May 2011
Odometer - 4626 Kms

On the 6th of May, Friday I got a call from Goel Motors regarding retrofitting of a part in the fuel assembly of my Thar. The dealership lady on the phone requested me to bring in the vehicle so that the needful could be done.
Since, my vehicle was almost due for the 1st service I decided to get it serviced as well.
So, off I went early in the morning to the dealership. I had already decided, that since it was the first service of my Thar, I would stay back at the dealership and witness the proceedings first hand.
Pash Aujla, a nice young bright fellow was assigned my Thar. I had already made a list of things to be done and duly got them noted on the job card.
I was given an estimate of approximately Rs 4000.

Things to be done were as follows -

a) Engine Oil Change
b) Differential Oil Change (both front and rear)
c) Retrofitting of the fuel assembly part
d) Right door window winder repair/replace
e) Wipers not working - to be rectified
f) 4x4 transfer lever cover to be adjusted
g) Clutch making squeaky noise on depression and release
h) Tyre rotation (5 tyre type) with balancing & alignment
i) 4WD glow sign in the dash board not working
j) Radiator Mesh Grill installation
k) Cigarette Lighter installation
l) Front brakes making a grunting noise during hard braking

On the floor of the workshop, I went up to the supervisor mechanic and asked him what engine oil will the dealership be using to top up the Thar and I was alarmed when the supervisor told me some 'Supercharged Diesel' engine oil would be used! I asked him whether it was a mineral oil or a synthetic oil? He had no clue. I knew that Mahindra Maximile Crown engine oil (mineral) was listed as standard for the Thar, so I went to the 'spares' section and asked the person incharge there. That guy was very knowledgeable and told me that Maximile Crown was the standard engine oil being used at M&M dealerships for CRDe engines.
In the meantime, a telephonic talk with SPIKE ARRESTOR laid my fears to rest and my heartbeat came down to normal. Thanks Spike

Bill break up -

a) Tie clip (window lever) - Rs 8.00
b) Oil Filter - Rs 132.75
c) Engtreat - Rs 373.63
d) MMC (Maximotorcare) - Rs 659.34
e) Wheel balancing weight - Rs 115
f) Engine Oil (Maximile Crown) 6 ltrs - Rs 1124.62
g) Differential Oil (Maximile Diff) 3.6 ltrs - Rs 685.72
h) Wheel Balancing - Rs 100
i) Wheel Alignment - Rs 400
j) First Free Service - Free
k) Radiator Grill & Cigarette Lighter - Rs 1750
l) Sales Tax @10.3% - Rs 52
GRAND TOTAL - Rs 5940/-

After the service I topped up the Thar and went for a spin. Everything seemed nice and smooth.

@Behram Sir I did drive for about a kilometer and stopped and listened to the engine. It was sounding perfect. I will drive for a couple of day and then get back to you again.

I will update the post soon to keep everybody up to date as to what is going on with my Thar. I love it, absolutely
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp33.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp34.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp35.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp36.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp37.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp38.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp39.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp40.jpg  

Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!-tbhp41.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks