Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2011, 15:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
...Can you guys guess the cost for the job?? 19K!!...
Is it a metal hard-top or FRP ?l
Old 28th May 2011, 19:14   #62
Team-BHP Support

Dear Januja

moga , kotkapura , muktsar , faridkot , dabwali , patran , abhor - these are places where you will get N number of fabricators / mechanics for jeeps- in fact if you have never been to these Jeep Mandis before you may be surprised to see the shapes and options available at about 1/3rd cost of new one . Most of these will have rebuilt engines but you may find some Peti Pack kind of stuff if you search . If you are going to moga then try kotkapura as well and do update us with latest designs & options , may be M &M can take some cues ..
Old 14th July 2011, 23:50   #63
BHPian

No updates since months! So buddy did you get the HT or what?
Old 20th July 2011, 11:06   #64
BHPian

hey guys, I have a question about the Thar. the roll over cage seen in the back of the vehicle over and around the back seats in this picture, is it standard fitment in the Thar or is it from the Accessories catalog? If its standard, is it welded in or bolted in?

thanks!

Old 25th July 2011, 13:18   #65
BHPian

The rollcage is 11,500. Extra accessory from the dealership. But have been told it is more a cosmetic thing and not really functional.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Rollcage is bolted on 14 mountings (M10 x 1.25) provided on the tub.

Spike
Old 25th July 2011, 17:44   #67

Hi,

I got my thar a month back. I am so in love with it that i am driving it in the delhi heat everyday, but really need help with the hardtop. Did you get any contact details.

Saakaar
Old 27th July 2011, 13:15   #68
BHPian

Hi guys..My brother just bought the Thar a couple of days back and we are all super excited about it. But when I drove it for the first time yesterday,I came across a wierd problem. The engine only cranks up after a few trys or u have to hold on to the cranking for a longer time than usual. Only then the engine starts. After that when at idle,there seems to be an unusual ups and downs of the rpm..the engine doesn't settle down immediately. Is this a problem or is this how the Thar's engine works. Kindly help!

Note : The service guys dint know a thing about it and said they have requested assistance from mahindra engineers. So we will have to wait till then.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:30   #69
BHPian

Hello friends.
Some updates regarding my Thar CRDe.
I bought the vehicle on 1st March 2011 in Chandigarh. Till date I have been unable to register the vehicle with the RTO. Reason given to me by the RTO is that the vehicle is yet to be passed by the Transport Department and that the 'Code' for the Thar is not available and hence the vehicle cannot be registered.
Since it is has been almost 6 months since I bought the vehicle, it's temporary registration is null and void, as is the insurance.
I have been stopped by the traffic police umpteen number of times and everytime I've had to cut a sorry figure in front of them.
I have been calling up the dealership (Goel Motors, Mohali) regularly and their attitude has been of total disregard to the customer.
I have written to all the 'higher ups' in M&M, but they couldn't care less.
Consumer Forum, Mohali had recently fined Goel Motors in a similar case where a Thar owner had filed a complaint regarding the non-registration of the vehicle. The court had also directed the dealership to take back the vehicle and give a full refund in case they were unable to get the vehicle registered. I don't know what happened thereafter.
Well, today I wrote to Mr Anand Mahindra (have written to him before regarding this) and told him how sorry I was that I had bought the vehicle and that I had no option left but to move the Consumer Forum regarding my problem.
I just got a call from the Goel Motors owner offering me a full refund of the Thar. I told him that along with the cost of the vehicle, I have also deposited the Road Tax with the Chandigarh Administration. I also told him about the Geolander Tyres and some other modifications. I told him he has to compensate me for these items too. He said he will give me a call at 10.30 am tomorrow morning. Let us see how it goes.
This is such a sorry state of affairs. I have tried my level best to get a response from either M&M or Goel Motors till now, but to no avail and now when I tell them that I will move court (I have a strong case), they are scampering for cover.
So, friends, I will in all probability be returning the Thar back to Goel Motors. I sincerely wish things were different, but sadly they are not.
Callous attitude on the part of M&M and Goel Motors prompted me to take this unfortunate step. If the company was more responsive to customer feedback, things would certainly have taken a different colour.
I have already drawn the Consumer Forum papers along with the Demand Draft and if things don't move by tomorrow evening, I will file a case on Tuesday (long weekend).
I will keep you guys updated.
Take care.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:47   #70
BHPian

@ Janjua firstly sorry to hear about this . A sad end to the mighty Thar . Iam not sure how fellow Team bhpians have been able to register in other states. Please cross check maybe the dealer has done some goof up somewhere . Request fellow Bhpians who own and have regsitered thier Thar please shed some light so that our friend can drive his Thar peacefully . Wish you all the best .
Old 11th August 2011, 23:38   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Fortuner:

The first vehicle of any type has to be approved at every state RTO level. The dealer concerned hasn't bothered to do this in Janjua's state.
Old 12th August 2011, 06:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

@Janjua: Really sorry to hear this. Is this issue for Haryana, Punjab or Chandigarh. I ask this as the sales of THAR in Punjab is the highest amongst all states in the country.

@4X4Addict: Its not the dealer but the company's responsibility to getthe vehicle type approved before they start making the sale. So its M&M marketing people who are at fault.

Looks like with the FATHER of THAR gone, its been made an ORPHAN
Old 12th August 2011, 12:30   #73
BHPian

Wondering how in all other states owners have no issues with Regtistration of the THAR!
It is unfortunate that you have been trapped in this rigmarole.

I am sure Mahindra will get this sorted out soon. Just keep writing mails and make calls.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:44   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends.
I bought the vehicle on 1st March 2011 in Chandigarh. Till date I have been unable to register the vehicle with the RTO. Reason given to me by the RTO is that the vehicle is yet to be passed by the Transport Department and that the 'Code' for the Thar is not available and hence the vehicle cannot be registered.
Janjua, its real sad to hear this but why did you wait for so long to have the car registered. I had faced a similar situation for my car and i had the registration done myself and in 2 weeks it was sorted. My car was the first in my state and city. The company took a week to give the code to the RTO so in this case it is your dealer who has been taking things easy. I would suggest you wait for a reply from Mahindra and your dealer, if things dont go well then approach Autocar or any other media house. The courts should be the last resort as you would not have your car till the time the decision is made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Saar ji, please give Mahindra Motors the great Auto Company a chance to sevrve you better. Be patient & don't move to the Court, the company is very responsive & will get your problem sorted out at the earliest. Their dealerships & their attitude is excellent in most cases, something must have gone wrong here.
Please don't return the excellent product, the great Jeep Thar. It will continue to give you miles & miles of pleasure. The vehicle might go the legend way, so please don't loose it. Ask us lesser mortals who did not get a chance to buy it, you are the lucky one, please retain it all costs. Don't be bothered by these small little issues, see the product in totality, its a great product by a legendry company. Specially made for macho men like yourself.

Give the Product, Company & the dealership a chance to improve. Keep on giving them consumer feedback because its instantly heard & accepted.

Wish you luck!
Wishfull thinking my friend..From personal experience dealing with Mahindra i can say till you dont whip them they dont move. I had cancelled payment on 3 occasions and then my calls were returned with them begging me to take the car and that mine was the first Thar and all that jazz. I had them deliver my car to the office as assurance that the car was there and they were not fooling around, i also did the registration myself as they kept coming up with excuses. I dont think someone who is spending or spent 7 lakh upwards for a jeep should be treated this way and for sure this is not a collectors piece that you make it sound to be, its a mode of transport for some. So a person who owns the jeep and yet has to travel by other means of transport due to his car not being able to be registered would not appriciate this from any company forget mahindra. Where does the lesser and higher mortals thing come in context here my friend.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends.
Since it is has been almost 6 months since I bought the vehicle, it's temporary registration is null and void, as is the insurance.
I have been stopped by the traffic police umpteen number of times and everytime I've had to cut a sorry figure in front of them.
I have been calling up the dealership (Goel Motors, Mohali) regularly and their attitude has been of total disregard to the customer.
I have written to all the 'higher ups' in M&M, but they couldn't care less.
Consumer Forum, Mohali had recently fined Goel Motors in a similar case where a Thar owner had filed a complaint regarding the non-registration of the vehicle. The court had also directed the dealership to take back the vehicle and give a full refund in case they were unable to get the vehicle registered. I don't know what happened thereafter.
Well, today I wrote to Mr Anand Mahindra (have written to him before regarding this) and told him how sorry I was that I had bought the vehicle and that I had no option left but to move the Consumer Forum regarding my problem.
I just got a call from the Goel Motors owner offering me a full refund of the Thar. I told him that along with the cost of the vehicle, I have also deposited the Road Tax with the Chandigarh Administration. I also told him about the Geolander Tyres and some other modifications. I told him he has to compensate me for these items too. He said he will give me a call at 10.30 am tomorrow morning. Let us see how it goes.
This is such a sorry state of affairs. I have tried my level best to get a response from either M&M or Goel Motors till now, but to no avail and now when I tell them that I will move court (I have a strong case), they are scampering for cover.
So, friends, I will in all probability be returning the Thar back to Goel Motors. I sincerely wish things were different, but sadly they are not.
Callous attitude on the part of M&M and Goel Motors prompted me to take this unfortunate step. If the company was more responsive to customer feedback, things would certainly have taken a different colour.
I have already drawn the Consumer Forum papers along with the Demand Draft and if things don't move by tomorrow evening, I will file a case on Tuesday (long weekend).
I will keep you guys updated.
Take care.
Janjua saab, there are few other M&M dealers in LDH, ASR and JDR. please have a word with them about how they register the THAR CRDe.

are you trying to register in CHD or PB?

im sure if other thars are being sold and registered in PB then you should have no problem in Mohali.

on the other hand if you are unable to register in CHD, then its a complete different story as CHD is a UT and not PB state!

please hold on to the Thar for the moment.

please reply about registering the Thar in CHD or PB!

EDIT: please put your problem on FACEBOOK page of Mahindra Thar, they are very quick in getting in touch with you. they will surely help you out.

Last edited by Parm : 12th August 2011 at 13:13.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks