Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 13:33   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective.

This is terrible. While it is decent of Goel Motors to have offered a full refund to Janjua, being asked to return a vehicle that one has used for 6 months just because of the company's failure to get it registered with the state RTO is ridiculous!

Things are different up North I guess- with most people riding around on temp registrations. I haven't seen too many of those around in Maharashtra at least. I may be wrong though.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Wishfull thinking my friend..From personal experience dealing with Mahindra i can say till you dont whip them they dont move. I had cancelled payment on 3 occasions and then my calls were returned with them begging me to take the car and that mine was the first Thar and all that jazz. I had them deliver my car to the office as assurance that the car was there and they were not fooling around, i also did the registration myself as they kept coming up with excuses. I dont think someone who is spending or spent 7 lakh upwards for a jeep should be treated this way and for sure this is not a collectors piece that you make it sound to be, its a mode of transport for some. So a person who owns the jeep and yet has to travel by other means of transport due to his car not being able to be registered would not appriciate this from any company forget mahindra. Where does the lesser and higher mortals thing come in context here my friend.
Speedy, I guess you failed to detect the healthy dose of sarcasm in AWD's post.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:42   #78
BHPian

I cannot fathom why RTO can't simply register it as a jeep, like they do for Major and Commander!
Old 12th August 2011, 14:07   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
I cannot fathom why RTO can't simply register it as a jeep, like they do for Major and Commander!

The fact is code is nothing but the approval of STA(State Transport Authority)-
Mahindra is needed to get the STA Approval for Thar from STA & STA would be sending an approval letter to RTO to register the car.

You need to escalate this issue to Mahindra Official,even a dealership cannot sell a car which is not STA Approved in a particular state which the car would be registered.

Please don't leave the issue with dealer- it has to be handed by Mahindra Official as a file is made which would be having all the technical details of car like photo,leaflet,drawing & then STA would be verfying the Car & then only giving the approval.

I got STA Approval for a car in u.a,That is why I am aware of complete process in India.

In case you want any more details please pm me.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
Old 12th August 2011, 23:09   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Sandeep - this is indeed sad. Please hold on, something shall happen soon.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th August 2011, 23:23   #81
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't the temporary registration require a code? Dont know if its Mahindra's fault or the STA
Old 14th August 2011, 11:39   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Janju saab give the company & the dealer some time to act, they will surely sort out for you. For e.g. the company has started providing A.C. kits for the Thar from dealers within just 6 months of the vehicle launch, all due to consumer feedback & demand. There's also talk that soon a factory fitted A.C. varinat will be provided, all this again on consumers demand. Give the company some time, they have given you such a good product, now they are following up with great customer care & satisfaction.

Also if not already done, get in touch with BD & Spike, considering your good relations with them, they will get the issue resolved in no time for you.
Words Of Wisdom from AWD, Januja.I can understand your exasperation but don't think you should return your Thar.Believe me ,If I could turn the clock back I would never have sold my dear old classic 340 and bought the swift diesel,which I drive now.It's emotion and rightful indignation which is at work now--have patience and I am sure things will work out--.Take care.
Old 17th August 2011, 00:42   #83
BHPian

I returned my Thar to Goel Motors, Mohali yesterday. It was a sad sad day.
Old 17th August 2011, 01:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
I returned my Thar to Goel Motors, Mohali yesterday. It was a sad sad day.
ohhh,that's really bad,is it going to happen to all the Thar's around chandigarh,i meant,there should be a solution to this?
what's the plan now,there isnt an alternative to the thar yet.
Old 17th August 2011, 06:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

What is so special with only that RT authorities. It is high time that a central approving authority is put in place and uniform law is enforced in all states. We proclaim that we are one but is distinctly different. Even crossing state boundaries and traveling in other state registration cars is fodder to the dirty khaki clan.

In Europe, crossing country borders for an EU person is as easy as hot knife through butter and out here it is hassles aplenty. harassment all around at its very best.
Old 17th August 2011, 09:35   #86
NIP
Senior - BHPian

This is the most ridiculous situation I have come across on the forum recently. This is totally not acceptable M&M, I hope you guys do something special and see that Janjua gets his vehicle back. Its only fair that they do this.
Old 17th August 2011, 09:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

This is so utterly (butterly?) unbelievable . I am sure there is some behind-the-scenes story to this (involving the MFR/DEALER/Local RTO), as an outcome of which a customer has to suffer. This can happen only in India. Shame on M/s Mahindra .
Old 17th August 2011, 20:00   #88
BHPian

I have seen one Thar in Chennai a month back.Smart looking gent was driving it on TTK Road around 10.00 AM. The vehicle had proper number plates if i remember correctly.
Wonder how he got it registered ?
Maybe RTOs in Chennai are bribable enough to drive around in a Lunar buggy IF u throw around enough cash.( my company works with 7 different govt depts of TN on a daily basis so pls take my word on the cash-for-anything scene).
Still its very sad to know that a dream machine can be taken away from somebody cause the company & RTO cant sort out a bunch of forms.
Old 17th August 2011, 21:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

My faith is shaken.
What is M&M upto?
How can they sell a vehicle which can't get registered. I mean is that legal also?
Anything goes in India but these guys are setting the bar real high.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to know of these proceedings. This episode shakes the trust of more than just Janjua, I guess, with M&M, and I hope future launches from this company should be eyed with some more caution.

Given that the Owner, is no longer an Owner; is it time to lock this thread, until he gets his Thar back?

Most Viewed