Team-BHP - Crafted for a True Fan - ME (My Fiat Punto 1.3MJD 90HP Tuscan Wine)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Crafted for a True Fan - ME (My Fiat Punto 1.3MJD 90HP Tuscan Wine) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/99932-crafted-true-fan-me-my-fiat-punto-1-3mjd-90hp-tuscan-wine-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar (Post 2428796)
Sankalp, congrats on the purchase. The review was unbiased and crisp. The way you intended to put it across.
The car looks great in the color. Heck, Punto looks good with any color. Its the best looking hatch, IMO.
Going by the pics, the dealer seems to be B.U Bhandari, Pashan Abhimanshri society wala. Right? How was the experiance over Pandit? Buying and TD'ing in general.

Do update some more pics and an overall driving experiance.
Happy motoring, drive safe!

NO!! :D
He has bought it from a dealership in SakiNaka, Mumbai, taking advise from fellow BHPians that Pandit isn't all that good.

And you don't know? B.U. Bhandari now sells VW cars, since last 9 months! The Tata dealership was discontinued. Some say due to extremely negative customer feedback.

@Reinhard: Thanks! Man, this office work is killing me! Dont know whats going on. The pics looked like that of B.U.Bhandari. Thanks for getting it to my attention though. Hell, must have looked like a fool asking him on BUB and Pandit :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar
@Reinhard: Thanks! Man, this office work is killing me! Dont know whats going on. The pics looked like that of B.U.Bhandari. Thanks for getting it to my attention though. Hell, must have looked like a fool asking him on BUB and Pandit :D.

Not really; it shows how well you focus on road/ traffic while passing that area without looking at the roadside showrooms :)
Just some unsolicited opinion as an observer!!

Hi Sankalp,
Can't believe I missed this out, but many congratulations on your delectable acquisition! I hope she is not giving you any niggling troubles (like my sweetheart).

I am really happy you went all out and got the 90HP model, which I do regret not buying sometimes. But having said that, a Punto is a Punto. She is a delight to drive. I hope to make up for this by going for the Linea T-jet someday! :P

Many many years of unbridled happiness guaranteed! Have fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumobom4 (Post 2428592)
Hi Sankalp. Sorry for getting in so late on your thread. First of all, congratulations and welcome to the FIAT club. I remember you contacting me about the purchase location and am glad to see that you managed to elude the horrible Pandit Motors. Enjoy your new girlfriend and make sure to vary her rpm as much as possible. I am also of the opinion that the occasional (this being the key word) rip helps to free up the engine. You will notice a marked difference after 10K km. Puntos are like tanks and give you an extremely safe feeling. Now, when I drive my Dad's SWIFT, she feels really flimsy and I always get the jitters!

Glad to see that you got the Apollo Acceleres and not the crappy GT3s. As for the headlamps, you could consider Philips Xtreme Power too. I have them on my Formosa and she lights up the road pretty decently. Not as good as 100/90W lamps, of course, but my SA clearly told me that if I put in those, my electrical warranty would be void even without a relay. I don't know if he was bluffing, but I didn't want to take a chance especially since I had free extended warranty.

Thanks Sumedh. Yes, I wanted piece-of-mind with my ownership of the Punto and went all out to avoid that lousy dealer in Pune. Did face some hassles getting my loan approved, but all's well that ends well. Would be requiring continous support from Punto experts here on T-BHP as this is my first ownership experience and want to make it a memorable one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar (Post 2428796)
Sankalp, congrats on the purchase. The review was unbiased and crisp. The way you intended to put it across.
The car looks great in the color. Heck, Punto looks good with any color. Its the best looking hatch, IMO.
Going by the pics, the dealer seems to be B.U Bhandari, Pashan Abhimanshri society wala. Right? How was the experiance over Pandit? Buying and TD'ing in general.

Do update some more pics and an overall driving experiance.
Happy motoring, drive safe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar (Post 2428814)
@Reinhard: Thanks! Man, this office work is killing me! Dont know whats going on. The pics looked like that of B.U.Bhandari. Thanks for getting it to my attention though. Hell, must have looked like a fool asking him on BUB and Pandit.

Dude, you rock even if you ask such questions about the wrong dealer. BUB has switched to ze Germans completely now, with MB on one hand and VW on the other. Not much of choice left with me, I chose Mumbai over Pune than choosing 'any-other-car' over Punto. Even I want to upload loads and loads of pics of my beauty, but whatever gadget lover I am, I just can't hold a camera in my hands. My conscience just wouldn't allow me to do so. And, what are better-halfs for anyway? (I sincerely hope she skips reading this part)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mads2849 (Post 2426210)
ReinHard, wow, wow, wow is all i can say to your reply. Man you have the perfect answer that I was wanting. Thnks a lot bro. And your last line saying i can get the 90HP logo is wonderful. I am now 100% decided, I will go for the 75 BHP and use the extra money to install goos speakers and seat covers. Till then.

Sankalp, you are very honest in typing your words. It really shows that you do not want to give me a wrong expectation. I think I can now decide on which one to go for. I will go for the 75 BHP. I normally do not push my car very hard, but I am a highway driver. So I think I can do with the intital turba lag in the 75BHP and when its raves up to 220 I would anyways get the boost. Will for sure post in pics of my new car soon and also share my experience. Thanks for all the info. Again I cant help drllong over your car. Tucson wine in Punto simply rocks. OMG !

Welcome mads2849. I tried to be honest because I don't want people blaming me for giving them wrong advice or false information about such an important decision of their lives. Now that you have made up your mind, just have faith in GOD, Fiat and your banker, and go ahead!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 2422778)
Congratulations Sankalp for your Fiat Punto. Very nice pictures and the car look gorgeous in this shade. Nice short and sweet review. I hope you will get a nice experience at TATA A.S.S while servicing your car. Please do add some more interior and engine bay pictures. Wishing you happy and safe driving.

Yes, 90HP version is available only with emotion pk trim priced at Rs. 6, 84,763 (ex-showroom) Delhi.

Thanks bluevolt. Have heard that Tata-Fiat has opened a few service centres in Pune and wouldn't mind trying them out, if required. Obviously, shall be keenly following all threads related to Punto servicing, so as to not end up with a miserable experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 2422755)
Hey Sankalp,

A bit late on spotting the thread. Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the "Most Powerful Diesel Hatch in India". (As one advert said.) Nice car, nice colour and nice review. Do post more pictures as well.

You own a Fiat Punto, your avatar is that of Maserati. I presume you would be a Ferrari fan if you follow F1?

Btw, you said "My girlfriend - Punto" somewhere. Be careful with these remarks mate, if you have a real one, make sure she doesn't visit TBHP! lol:

Cheers!

You guessed it right Reinhard. Ferrari it was for me all the way in F1. Have lost touch with F1 lately and free time being a luxury nowadays, no idea if I would ever be able to follow it again.

How's your Vista doing? I went for a Vista TD reading your review and trust me, it was one of the most happening drives of my life. Drove a QJD Vista on the roads of Gurgaon as if I was driving a Ferrari F1 no less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbertramps (Post 2422386)
Congratulations on your purchase. I like the way you have categorized every car into details. And also loved the way the satin ribbon was placed on the car. Very subtle.

Thank you Rubbertramps. Those satin ribbons are in my fiancee's custody now. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2429228)
Not really; it shows how well you focus on road/ traffic while passing that area without looking at the roadside showrooms
Just some unsolicited opinion as an observer!!

Good point Balaji.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrotek (Post 2430346)
Hi Sankalp,
Can't believe I missed this out, but many congratulations on your delectable acquisition! I hope she is not giving you any niggling troubles (like my sweetheart).

I am really happy you went all out and got the 90HP model, which I do regret not buying sometimes. But having said that, a Punto is a Punto. She is a delight to drive. I hope to make up for this by going for the Linea T-jet someday! :P

Many many years of unbridled happiness guaranteed! Have fun!

Thanks Pyrotek. Sorry to hear about your Punto. Wishing you happy miles and smiles with it. I do hope that better sense prevails in Fiat administration in India and they bring out some good quality cars in near future. They need more presence in the lower segment and after what Ford, Honda and Toyota is doing in the hatchback segment, probably they will learn a thing-or-two by launching hatchbacks with 'greater' appeal.

Just crossed the 3000 km mark today on my way from Lokhandwala (Mumbai) to Hinjewadi (Pune). My experience so far -

Had taken the beauty to my home town Surat, over the long weekend. The drive started from Pune on Tuesday late evening as had to finish some project work before I could start. Got really late. Also, Tuesday evening being Eid eve, roads in Mumbai, especially near Andheri Railway Station were jam packed. Took me 1.5 hrs to cross a 1.5 km stretch on S.V.Road, opp. Andheri Railway Station. Left for Surat early morning the next day. Found some traffic due to pathetic road conditions near Virar. The drive from Bhilad check post onwards on NH8 is beyond words to describe. Its just awesome. Took me 6 hours from my home in Lokhandwala, Andheri W to my home in Surat, flat. (287 kms) Road infrastructure in Gujarat is one of the best in the country. Spent a very good time with family for 5 days.

The journey back to Mumbai too was pleasant, until I reached KashiMira. Pathetic road conditions compelled drivers to drive their vehicles through craters. For a few 'hours' it felt as if we were driving on the Moon or Jupiter. Thane municipal corporation is the one to be blamed for senseless waste of millions of litres of fuel everyday. Took nearly 8 hours to reach Lokhandwala from Surat, which had taken only 6 hrs on Tuesday. (287 kms) What a waste!

Drive to Pune is always interesting as one can enjoy the lush green fauna of Lonawala and drive amidst the mist. Reached office in about 4 hours, 30 minutes of which were spent in Hinjewadi, dodging potholes.

So far I have made 4-5 trips to Mumbai and only this time I had drove my car for so long, till Surat. I have always maintained the car at a maximum of 120 kms post 1500 kms and under 3000 rpm. Today, once the odometer crossed 3k, was tempted to check the true power of the famous Multijet engine. After the final toll point, revved the car hard to give it a hint that this is it.

Took the car to top speed of 170 kmph. Found it vibrating/shaking a little as the road was not really smooth and also it was wet due to showers. Hence did not continue at that speed for long but it did prove that Punto CAN BE pushed till 170 with ease. Never during those few minutes did I feel uncomfortable or unsure about the car's road sticking abilities. Punto sticks to the road as if the tires have Fevicol applied on them. lol:

Initially the car did show some harshness, but gradually it seems to be going away. Engine is getting smoother, yet it has not reached the levels of smoothness I am expecting. Gear ratios are really screwed up in the Punto. Fiat should put in some R&D time into developing a perfectly mated gearbox for its powerful engine lineup. Such a beautiful engine, not able to deliver its full potential due to poor gearbox construction, is outright criminal.

My Punto is due for a service now as it has crossed 3000 km mark. Will share my experience soon, post the first service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SankalpDesai (Post 2494133)
Took the car to top speed of 170 kmph. Found it vibrating/shaking a little as the road was not really smooth and also it was wet due to showers. Hence did not continue at that speed for long but it did prove that Punto CAN BE pushed till 170 with ease. Never during those few minutes did I feel uncomfortable or unsure about the car's road sticking abilities. Punto sticks to the road as if the tires have Fevicol applied on them. lol:

Initially the car did show some harshness, but gradually it seems to be going away. Engine is getting smoother, yet it has not reached the levels of smoothness I am expecting. Gear ratios are really screwed up in the Punto. Fiat should put in some R&D time into developing a perfectly mated gearbox for its powerful engine lineup. Such a beautiful engine, not able to deliver its full potential due to poor gearbox construction, is outright criminal.

Good to hear that you enjoyed your long distance journey with your Italian beauty. She always makes you wish that your destination was that much farther so that you could drive more. stupid:

I completely agree about the gears. In fact, a sixth gear would have been really useful as we unnecessarily have to rev to 3-3.5k for 120-140 km/hr speeds. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by SankalpDesai (Post 2494133)
Drive to Pune is always interesting as one can enjoy the lush green fauna of Lonawala and drive amidst the mist.

Took the car to top speed of 170 kmph. Found it vibrating/shaking a little as the road was not really smooth and also it was wet due to showers. Hence did not continue at that speed for long but it did prove that Punto CAN BE pushed till 170 with ease. Never during those few minutes did I feel uncomfortable or unsure about the car's road sticking abilities. Punto sticks to the road as if the tires have Fevicol applied on them.

Sankalp, great to hear good things about the Punto. Its really heartwarming to know that you are not experiencing any notoriously known niggles and I hope it stays that way for your sake

It is one fine car that some of us are deprived of experiencing due to our not so friendly neighbourhood dealer

I am interested in knowing which green animals you see in Lonavla?!

The engine would become smooth around 6000 km. The gears wont be butter smooth but. Its kinda let down for an engine of this caliber. Be careful while doing high speed specially when the surface is wet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2494308)
Sankalp, great to hear good things about the Punto. Its really heartwarming to know that you are not experiencing any notoriously known niggles and I hope it stays that way for your sake

It is one fine car that some of us are deprived of experiencing due to our not so friendly neighbourhood dealer

I am interested in knowing which green animals you see in Lonavla?!

Hahaha. My bad. It should have been 'flora' and not 'fauna'. I did see a buffalo crossing the express way near last toll-naka, but it was black and not green, for sure! lol:

Thanks for the wishes Bala.