Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2012, 15:24   #151
BHPian

re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Hi SD,

For Auto-locking the doors from a preset speed, one would need to play around with the speedo input, which I would recommend against.

On a parallel though, the aftermarket - "Autocop" central locking (and the likes) fitment does the job. It isnt speed sensitive, but time sensitive.
One you remotely unlock the doors, or after starting the car, it auto locks the doors after a span of 7 to 10 seconds.

See if this does it for you.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:12   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
On a parallel though, the aftermarket - "Autocop" central locking (and the likes) fitment does the job. It isnt speed sensitive, but time sensitive.
One you remotely unlock the doors, or after starting the car, it auto locks the doors after a span of 7 to 10 seconds.

See if this does it for you.
My Nippon central locking locks based on speed and not time. As long as I am at a speed of 20 or below, I have seen it not lock. So, probably it might differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:14   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Right. its around 34K clicks on the Jazz now and time for its service.

The areas to be worked on.....

- First gear does not slot smoothly at times. I need a reliable assessment and resolution for this.
Did you find a solution for this problem yet? I am facing the same issue in my Jazz. It particularly comes up when I have to suddenly shift from, say, the fourth gear to the first gear. The slotting is hard and almost crude like, as if forcing it into the first gear when the tranny doesn't really want us to!
Old 12th October 2012, 17:45   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Um, I am not so sure about this part bro. I guess I would be satisified as long as it unlocks itself in case of any emergency issue. I am usually a bit skeptical of some aftermarket thing that needs fiddling with speedos or a section which I know little about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
My Nippon central locking locks based on speed and not time. As long as I am at a speed of 20 or below, I have seen it not lock. So, probably it might differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.
I am looking for auto locking only. What do you mean by central locking? If it is the same as the button on the key provided by Honda (only one, cheapos!), then I dont need that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
It particularly comes up when I have to suddenly shift from, say, the fourth gear to the first gear. The slotting is hard and almost crude like, as if forcing it into the first gear when the tranny doesn't really want us to!
No, not really. The SA did say he would provide a fix by putting in some oil (or some substance I dont remember!). I havent paid so much attention to it, but it is still not smooth enough definitely. Maybe I have gotten used to that crude first gear

Another question while I am at it. Has anyone tried a USB DIY? Please dont respond if the newer lot has this USB connection

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th October 2012 at 17:48.
Old 4th July 2017, 13:13   #155
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Update:
No update on the nano, which I think is a good thing. It is chugging along merrily around town.

As for the Jazz, I had an issue with a puncture fellow doing his trick on the front right trye. He found (made?) 11 punctures and I almost ran over him for that.
Anyway, so about a week after this I started getting a sound from the front that sounded like a puncture. So I did what any respectably tyre ignorant fellow would do and changed to the spare. The noise continued. Now I am not really someone who would try a DIY for such things. So it was talking to bhpians about it and trying to find a reason. I got two possibilities:
- Brake pads
- Rust on discs

So off we went to the garage. I told the guy that the brake pedal also returns when I brake. So after a quick TD, I left the car with him for identifying the problem and solving it.

And the problem was as suspected, the brake pads were worn out. SO now the Jazz is chugging about with new brake pads.
Parts cost 1400
Labour cost 450

One nagging thought:
Is there an aftermarket solution for auto locking of doors after reaching a preset speed, say 10kmph?
Hello selfdrive sir,

How are the Jazz & Nano performing? It's been a long time since you have updated this thread.

Asit
Old 7th July 2017, 17:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
How are the Jazz & Nano performing? It's been a long time since you have updated this thread.
Hello Asit sir
Yes, it has been a really long time. I don't even remember if I posted here that the Nano was sold in 2015. And was replaced by a Nano Twist XT. It has done around 9k kms since then.
The Jazz is chugging along well. It completed 8 years in June; has done 69k odd kms. I am wondering what pampering she would need around 70k mark. Considering reviewing the suspension for now.
Old 7th July 2017, 17:58   #157
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Hello Asit sir

Yes, it has been a really long time. I don't even remember if I posted here that the Nano was sold in 2015. And was replaced by a Nano Twist XT. It has done around 9k kms since then.

The Jazz is chugging along well. It completed 8 years in June; has done 69k odd kms. I am wondering what pampering she would need around 70k mark. Considering reviewing the suspension for now.

You should get the suspension checked at your regular FNG and take the decision of changing parts only if required. How's the clutch holding up?
Old 9th October 2018, 15:48   #158
Senior - BHPian

Update:

No issues for the Jazz on completion of 9 years in June.
As most Pune bhpians know I have been considering a change of car for some time now, without any results to show for it.
I have now sold the Jazz at 77k kms. Just handed over the keys this morning. After 7 years of niggle free and stress free ownership it was like giving away a pet. A case where practicality took precedence over emotions.
As a dear friend pointed out; only when the old gives way, the new will come in.

Mods: please close this thread as the old Nano and the Jazz both have been sold. Best wishes to the new home
A story ends, but a new one will begin soon.

Last edited by selfdrive : 9th October 2018 at 15:55.
selfdrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 08:42   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update:
A story ends, but a new one will begin soon.
Hey, finally ! Good to know that the Jazz is in good hands. Awaiting arrival of the new member in your garage. All the best for the search.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks