Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 10:21   #16
BHPian

re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

One of the Nano in Bokaro Steel City has Left ORVM, will try to get a pic of it. I think LORVM is available in after market
Old 11th May 2011, 10:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

@selfdrive First of all congratulations! As someone mentioned earlier your ownership report is like a 2 DVD pack. i remember when we were discussing about the Fiesta and there was only one car on the radar, i bet even you weren't prepared for two beauties so soon. Both of them look splendid, and love the red for the nano, and the jazz looks outstanding in blue too. Both your hatches have outstanding space on the inside. and both manufacturers are the top dogs in space management. Hope to get a comparo of the space and comfort levels of both soon.

I would like to thank you for mentioning my name on your thread, it's always a pleasure to assist another BHPian with their purchase.

The Fiesta is a great car, but i think you made the right decision going in for the Jazz, it's much more special on the inside, and highly practical too, especially with those magic seats loading odd sized objects is going to be a breeze.

Awaiting more pics and updates.

Till Then, wishing you and your wife, many miles of joyful motoring with your respective beauties.
Hey Red for the wife
and Blue for you,
A perfect choice there too.
Drive Safe!
Old 11th May 2011, 10:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

@selfdrive, Hearty congratulations!
Sorry for being a bit late to pick up your thread, but nevertheless.

I am really privileged to see that you have mentioned my name in your thread...it indeed feels so special and makes the bonding with TBHP even more stronger!

I look forward to hear more from you...both cars look wonderful.

Jazz is a very sensible choice and most of the owners are very satisfied with it.it's just that the value offered by Jazz isn't obvious to everybody....

Planning for any accessories -
I guess you can pick up the Honda OEM alloys and rear parcel tray (as available in Jazz Select) for 10K odd.
Fog lamps and spoiler?

I hope you have a rocking time with your 2 beauties!
Old 11th May 2011, 11:13   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the Jazz and the cute Buggy Nano.I love the Nano CX in red .They look far better than those in body color and also has a lot of character.The alloys also suit the car.Crisp review.
Drive them safe and all the best
Sreehari
Old 11th May 2011, 11:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congrats Selfdrive! Interesting choice of vehicles! You've got both the cheapest and most expensive hatch in the market!
Thanks anekho, I never thought of that honestly! Just went with the requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
LEFT side Mirror aftermarket, i have not heard of any, we just need to wait for Nano diesel and hope it comes with one.
So which one is more spacious, the Nano or the Jazz?
IMO Jazz is an excellent allround vehicle, i really like the mutiple ways in which the rear seat can be used.
Any plans to fit a Music system to Nano? what were the dealer options given to you.
I have been hearing rumours about the diesel for ages. I hope they come out with an announcement either way soon! In terms of headroom, I would say the Nano is more spacious while for legroom I think the Jazz doesnt really have any competition in the hatchback segment. In fact, I think it offers more space than even the Fiesta.
+1 to the magic seating I hope to put it to good use when I move house in a few weeks time.
The wife has fitted a Sony music system to the Nano. The dealer option for the music system was rubbish according to her. I will put up some interior pics of the Nano in a couple of weeks. I dont see her that often!
EDIT: I meant the Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
One of the Nano in Bokaro Steel City has Left ORVM, will try to get a pic of it. I think LORVM is available in after market
I appreciate that drsnt; I have been told by the dealer that it isnt possible. I will verify again at the workshop during the first service. If not, I will have to scour the aftermarket. by the way, appointments for servicing have to be taken at least 3 weeks in advance as slots arent available. Is this only in Pune or the same story elsewhere too? Perhaps I should put in an application to Tata to open an authorised ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
@selfdrive First of all congratulations! As someone mentioned earlier your ownership report is like a 2 DVD pack.
Both your hatches have outstanding space on the inside. and both manufacturers are the top dogs in space management. Hope to get a comparo of the space and comfort levels of both soon
Thanks mdsaab, I hope its a popular DVD pack If anything, I realised after buying that I was actually looking for a comfortable and spacious car, though I never said this explicitly. Perhaps this is why I didnt go in for the Punto. One of the other cars which made the final shortlist was actually the Manza, also a spacious & well built car.

Quote:
I would like to thank you for mentioning my name on your thread, it's always a pleasure to assist another BHPian with their purchase.
three cheers to tbhp for providing the forum to interact and share knowledge. If not for tbhp, heaven knows what I would have ended up with! I appreciate your opinion as a sounding board on some of the options we discussed. It was quite difficult to get this info when I wasnt here.

[quote=adimicra;2346517I am really privileged to see that you have mentioned my name in your thread...it indeed feels so special and makes the bonding with TBHP even more stronger!
I look forward to hear more from you...both cars look wonderful.
Jazz is a very sensible choice and most of the owners are very satisfied with it.it's just that the value offered by Jazz isn't obvious to everybody....
Planning for any accessories -
I guess you can pick up the Honda OEM alloys and rear parcel tray (as available in Jazz Select) for 10K odd.
Fog lamps and spoiler?
[/quote]
Yessir, the bonding is definitely there. we should provide updates when we visit some other towns/ cities, who knows which meet we could bump into each other! As for other people, I have given up trying to convince them, after all Honda doesnt pay me anything. As long as I am happy with my choice, I dont care about what people say unless its something nice!
Currently out of budget for alloys, perhaps will do that when I change the tyres at around 40 to 45 K kms. My son prefers not having a parcel tray, so will keep it like that for now. I do want the fog lamps and spoiler, not looking for costs yet as I know this will then be prioritised over some other things. I will put in a word to family/ friends to contribute to a fund for any gifts they want to give me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats on the Jazz and the cute Buggy Nano.I love the Nano CX in red .They look far better than those in body color and also has a lot of character.The alloys also suit the car.Crisp review. Drive them safe and all the best
Sreehari
Thanks Sreehari! Aah, this is exactly why we went for the CX; coz we wanted the black bumpers and the red color. The Breeze blue was also considered, we saw one from our balcony and it looked very cute and like a balloon. Maybe good for college going girls.

Last edited by manson : 11th May 2011 at 19:31. Reason: Kindly restrict yourself to two smileys within one single post.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:01   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
thanks guys! I am still working on the next set. There is not much to write actually, so probably I will just let the pics do the talking.
Even if it’s not a brand new car, I would like to hear more on the likes / dislikes, some interior photos etc. Jazz is one Honda product which I personally like (other being the Civic). And I feel Jazz is one of the selected few models which looks good in blue (other being BMW 3/5)

Quote:
As someone mentioned earlier your ownership report is like a 2 DVD pack.
That someone is me
Old 11th May 2011, 17:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

@selfdrive: Saw your Jazz today morning on Paud road. Please get those scratches/dents on left side painted/fixed.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Even if it’s not a brand new car, I would like to hear more on the likes / dislikes, some interior photos etc. Jazz is one Honda product which I personally like (other being the Civic). And I feel Jazz is one of the selected few models which looks good in blue (other being BMW 3/5)
That someone is me
Surely will post the updates & interior pics soon*
* = could be sometime later this week!
by the way, you should become a film director if you can see 2 DVD packs in a few posts! just kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
@selfdrive: Saw your Jazz today morning on Paud road. Please get those scratches/dents on left side painted/fixed.
oh damn, first time someone spotted me and to think I was supposed to put the tbhp sticker on yesterday! next time wave me over
yeah, those scratches are really ugly, cannot bear to look at them. However, Honda has given an estimate of 15K+ and that it will take a few days for them to do it. Do you know of any local workshop where I can get it fixed sooner? It was a "gift" from an Indica that was reversing into me in Sangamner last week.
do you live in the area? btw, I hope I was driving ok
Old 11th May 2011, 18:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats selfdrive!

Quote:
Do you know of any local workshop where I can get it fixed soon
There is a workshop near Yashwantrao Chavan Natyagriha, owned by a chap named Imtiaz. He does a lot of denting/painting work, and his rates are very very reasonable.
I have used his services a few times and the quality of paint matching as well as the dent removal was satisfactory. But that was for generic colours like White and Silver.
Just my $.02.
Old 12th May 2011, 02:24   #25
BHPian

Nano and Jazz, its like two parenthesis to the hatch world. Congratulations on both the buys. My personal word is, you bought both my favorite hatches at one go. Great.

Nano is indeed the cutest car we have on our roads. And Jazz, the most jazzy car on road. Two epitome's of design excellence I feel. I was blown away with the design (especially interiors) of Jazz. Its a very practical hatch. And you took care of the heavy price tag by going second hand. Good choice.

Happy mile crunching on both.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 10:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
oh damn, first time someone spotted me and to think I was supposed to put the tbhp sticker on yesterday!
Well, you vehicle registration number was enough for me.

Quote:
yeah, those scratches are really ugly, cannot bear to look at them. However, Honda has given an estimate of 15K+ and that it will take a few days for them to do it.
15k is too much, get it done from outside. Check this old thread (now locked) to know different places, Pune workshops/paint shops

Quote:
do you live in the area? btw, I hope I was driving ok
Yes, I stay in bhusari colony. I was waiting for company bus when Jazz passed by and it was driven well.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Congrats selfdrive!
There is a workshop near Yashwantrao Chavan Natyagriha, owned by a chap named Imtiaz. He does a lot of denting/painting work, and his rates are very very reasonable.
Thanks sajo! I will check with him hopefully sometime this week. Let us see how he deals with a blue; I would be glad if he can correct around 90% for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Nano and Jazz, its like two parenthesis to the hatch world. Congratulations on both the buys. My personal word is, you bought both my favorite hatches at one go. Great.
Nano is indeed the cutest car we have on our roads. And Jazz, the most jazzy car on road. Two epitome's of design excellence I feel. I was blown away with the design (especially interiors) of Jazz. Its a very practical hatch. And you took care of the heavy price tag by going second hand. Good choice. Happy mile crunching on both.
Thanks justwheels, one of my friends mentioned that I got a Nano extra for the total price of a new Jazz. I am just grateful that used car loans are available. Though I suspect that they gave me a loan only after I was able to convince them (through all the documents) that I dont really need one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Well, you vehicle registration number was enough for me. 15k is too much, get it done from outside. Check this old thread (now locked) to know different places, Pune workshops/paint shops
Yes, I stay in bhusari colony. I was waiting for company bus when Jazz passed by and it was driven well.
Oh yes, I forgot the pic I uploaded from the tbhp app. I stay in Bhusari colony too as of now, so you may see me more often! It seems like there are a lot of tbhpians in the area, we could have a quick meet. Though now I am beginning to think Kothrud doesnt have such great tapri food
Old 12th May 2011, 13:36   #28
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, on the Nano and Jazz. I must say this is one of those rare cases where the second car came first and the first car was bought second. Or the first car was named as second and the second car was named as first.

Is it a difficult decision in the morning about which one to take for the day?

Waiting for more pictures and driving experiences. Hope to meet you soon on TBHP meets.

Last edited by dot : 12th May 2011 at 13:38.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations, on the Nano and Jazz. I must say this is one of those rare cases where the second car came first and the first car was bought second. Or the first car was named as second and the second car was named as first.
Is it a difficult decision in the morning about which one to take for the day?
Waiting for more pictures and driving experiences. Hope to meet you soon on TBHP meets.
Thanks dot, I look forward to making it to the next tapri meet and meeting up with all you guys.

To be honest, I have had the decision of the car taken away from me as by the time I leave, the wife has already disappeared with the Nano
For drives out of the city, the Jazz is the unanimous choice though
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 21:08   #30
BHPian

Congratulations @selfdrive !

Nano really looks cute , I am not sure why many complain about Nano, but IMO the most VFM car for daily commute within city limits.

You own 2 cars ... like perfectly mentioned by @justwheels "parenthesis to the hatch world".

All the best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks