Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 20:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Unsafe roads

Planning a trip from Ahmedabad to Pachmarhi in the second week of July. The highway through Jhabua was known to be real bad in 2011. I plan to take this route. How is the condition of the road now.

I plan an early start at 5am from Ahmedabad and hope to reach Pachmarhi by 6 or 7pm. Is this doable? Please advice.

Saji
Old 12th June 2012, 22:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unsafe roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Planning a trip from Ahmedabad to Pachmarhi in the second week of July. The highway through Jhabua was known to be real bad in 2011. I plan to take this route. How is the condition of the road now.

I plan an early start at 5am from Ahmedabad and hope to reach Pachmarhi by 6 or 7pm. Is this doable? Please advice.

Saji
Is even more terrible, avid NH59 via Dahod, Jhabua & Dhar totally for now. It can't get worse even if the rains do their damage!

You want an alternative route to Pachmarhi?
Take the following route:
Expressway to Baroda.
In the Baroda bypass, turn off into the Halol Toll road.
At Halol, turn right and go towards Bodeli, Alirajpur, Kukshi & Manawar to NH3 at Dhamnod. This is a narrow jungle road - to be avoided at night - and has absolutely no facilities, but road condition is good.
From Dhamnod (go towards Indore), after crossing the River Narmada, turn off right towards Maheshwar & Omkareshwar.
Once you reach the Indore-Khandwa road, turn right towards Khandwa.
At Khandwa, take the road to Harda & from thereon to Betul on NH69.
From Betul, take the road to Pachmarhi.

Here is the route plotted on G Maps:
Sardar Patel Ring Rd to SH 19A - Google Maps
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 18:57   #18
BHPian

Re: Pachmarhi Roadtrip

HVKumar, thank you very much for the information. I have been an avid reader of your travelogs and it is an honour to have guidance from you. I expected a reply from you to my travel query.

Is the route suggested by you doable in one day, say with a start from Ahmedabad at 0500 and can I expect to reach Pachmarhi by 1900 or 2000?

I have traveled to Dahod on the Gujarat border and the road was bad; I expect the road beyond that must be really bad. Which portion of my original route is the worst?

Thank you for the reply.

Regards

Saji
Old 13th June 2012, 21:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pachmarhi Roadtrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post

Is the route suggested by you doable in one day, say with a start from Ahmedabad at 0500 and can I expect to reach Pachmarhi by 1900 or 2000?
Yes, you can do it in a day, assuming you leave A'bad early. You should be in Khandwa area by lunch time.

Quote:
I have traveled to Dahod on the Gujarat border and the road was bad; I expect the road beyond that must be really bad. Which portion of my original route is the worst?
The entire NH59 is being widened in MP and the full stretch from the GJ border via Jhabua & Dhar is bad.

Thank you for the reply.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks