Team-BHP - Kashid-Murud-Janjira
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Kashid-Murud-Janjira (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/100464-kashid-murud-janjira.html)

After a long wait, got access in team-bhp to post. I am excited.Excuse me for any mistake... and do leave a comment !!!

Khasid, in the western coastal region is known as one of the best tranquil beach, not so crowded beach where people most often come to spend their weekend. Lets experience the beauty of khasid beach… It was a long weekend including the republic day and the plan was to make a trip to the long awaited kashid beach along with murud-janjira.

The car heads out of pune on an early Saturday morning, driving through the express-way and then taking left turn in the khopoli sign board takes you to khandala continued straight to reach pen and then after it takes you to state highway SH 68 which will take you to Alibaug. Just before alibaug there is a narrow road finally took us to kashid, the road is in good condition though it is narrow. The last 7 kilometer before knocking at kashid was driving by the sea side at one side and mountain on the other side which was full of excitement. It was 180 KM in the trip meter and 1’O clock(I had couple of break on the way) in my watch when stopped the car at the beach.

Kashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1383.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1396.jpg

Rushed to the guest house where I booked the night to keep the luggage, get fresh and come back to the beach. You usually get moderate rate guest house easily, couple of beach resorts are also available but you need to book them well in advance. While coming back to the beach, I had my lunch in a hotel. They usually provide veg and non-veg thali. I preferred the non-veg which had option to choose from chicken and fish and I opted fish fry. This was surmai fish and tested delicious. It was fried with a layer of spices on top of it. He charged 120 bucks for the thali and 80 bucks for an extra piece of fish. You get such hotels easily on road side and also in the beach. We parked the car in the beach, they charge you 10 bucks for this. We walked a little to search a nice place to spend the rest of the day. There are lots of small shacks available with jhulas like in goa you see sea beds. I chose one to spend the rest of the day. You get Maggie, omelet, onion pakoda, cold drinks and some snacks!!! The crowd was good because of the long weekend.

Kashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1409.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1420.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1421.jpg

The beach is long stretched, softer with white sand. On one side Small Mountain is approaching the sea. In the beach there are lots of fun to enjoy. You get horse ride, tanga ride and water sports like water scooter and boat ride were available. We had bath in the sea , played in the water a lot. People were too enjoying, Some people were playing cricket, some soccer and some flying disc. After spending an hour in the water and light warm sun, We came back to the shack. There We enjoyed the hot onion pakoda along with cold drinks and then We had a little afternoon nap for about 20 min in the jhula. It was so soothing and refreshing. Again we went to the beach in the after noon to enjoy the water scooter, They take you to around 200 meter in the see and you feel like you are in the middle of the deep sea. After that we went for the tanga ride. The tanga ride is very cheap, they charge just 15 bucks per head for a 10 mins ride.The dusk has already approached, the light fades and we just could not understand how fast the time passed away. Suddenly the sun is becoming red and going to kiss the sea in a moment, Its all orange. The crowed suddenly increased in the beach because all the people came out of the shack and jhula to enjoy the sun set.

Kashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1433.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1435.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1449.jpg

At the night there is nice, well maintained birla temple which is around 15 KM from the beach. The temple has very beautiful garden and it is maintained so well, you will love it.We returned back to the guest house at around 10 PM. After that we had our dinner in the guest house. We opted sea foods and bajra roti. Food was quite good but not exciting as it was in the lunch. So prefer eating outside instead eating in the guest house. The guest house costs 1000 bucks , It had all basic amenities, So we had no problem staying there. We planned to sleep ASAP since we had to go to murud-janjira next morning.

Kashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1458.jpg

It’s a sunny, clear morning, after having breakfast at around 10 AM we left for murud which was 30 KM from kashid.It was 11 When we reached the murud beach which was much crowded then khasid beach and was long stretched. Since I had no plan to stay here I just spend half an hour, had fresh coconut water and then went straight to janjira which is the place of the famous fort in the sea. The most exciting part in the journey was to drive the sea side, On one side you have sea and other side mountain. Its beauty lies in the drive on the sea side. Its a picture-perfect location. This was a magnificent experience. Janjira is 5 KM from murud and you have to pass through a village and a small ghat.

Kashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1552.jpg

We finally reached at janjira and parked the car and walked around half a kilometer to reach the ferry stand from where you have to book the tickets to go to the fort. The ticket costs 15 per head and it takes 15 mins to reach the fort. The fort is huge and is built in 22 acres area. In the boat you get a guide who takes 10 per head to describe you briefly about the fort and tells you the significance of diff. parts of the fort. You get around 1 hour to roam around and then come back but if you wish to stay more you can.

Kashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1490.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1516.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1531.jpgKashid-Murud-Janjira-100_1543.jpg

Finally The tour comes to an end. We left janjira at around 1:30 PM… We took the route of roha-kolad-tamhini ghat instead of taking the express way. This route is more scenic and had a very nice exciting experience. You just cross mountains after mountains. Road is okay not bad. We made it to pune by 7 PM. On the way back, in kolad we had our lunch break for 30 mins. Then while coming we came by the tamhini ghat which was beautiful all trees and mountains. We spent half an hour in mulsi dam and back at home !!!

I tried to add images but I don't understand why the images are not coming. Can anybody please help me on this ?

Hey AbiS, moving this thread here so you can edit the thread.

Check this post on how to upload pictures -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

I am done with my changes, Can you please move it back to normal section.

Thanks,
Abinash

Thread moved back to the public forum! Thanks for sharing your travelogue

^^^
The pics loaded fine for me try refreshing the page
^^^

A nice travelogue straight from the heart.
This is the 3rd West Coast beach travelogue i have read in two days.
Seems a lot of Bhpians visited the Maharashtrian beaches on the long weekend.
Thanks for Sharing.
Some nice pics too, please tell us more about the turtle.
Drive Safe!

Nice pics!

But somehow the images are appearing side-by-side (horizontally) to me and it makes it greatly difficult to read the accompanying text which is a mile long.

i don't know if its only me who's experiencing it.

Nice crisp travelogue. Where exactly did you stay? Surmai fry sounded yummy

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2335128)
Thread moved back to the public forum! Thanks for sharing your travelogue

Hi, but our group of nine cars from mumbai and pune had visited Kashid, Revdanda, Murud . it is there in exhaustive writeup with plenty of photos. Thwe participants were
*ISSIGONIS
*HV KUMAR
*GOSTEL +HIS WIFE
*MX 6 + ANILSANIL
*BOLBOLERO +JUNIOR
*MY SELF WITH MY SONS
*KHOJ
*PARIMAL
*VIRAJ
*SCROOZE
*HV KUMAR JI HAD GOT HIS FRIENDS.
I hope I am not forgetting anyone , if I did i apologise.

Moderator ji can this write up be moved with original thread of THANE-KASHID-THANE meet we did this in jan 2011

Nice travelogue Abis. Me & my friend also went to Kashid some 5 years back with our families. It was an amazingly secluded & peaceful place, with no cell phone reception, no shop open after 7:00 PM, just 3-4 resorts were there and all were booked [had to negotiate with a local for 2 rooms for us]. The beaches were beautiful & very clean.

The turtle pic is cool. Is this the season for turtles to appear? Do you find many during te day time on Kashid? When i was in Kashid late Jan/Feb, the beach was too crowded (the sand was great) for any turtles to live peacefully.

No this was a dead turtle.

Hi Abis,

Thanks for sharing the travelogue. Its well written and the pics were good. Sad to know that the turtle was dead.

I am looking for budget friendly stays at Kashid for one night with Family on the 31st Dec. But considering the period, hardly a viable option is cropping up.

Can someone please help me with contact details and some ballpark figure (around the Dec'22)?