Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 23:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb
A friend of mine who went there last month shared this pic... oh man, this is freakingly beautiful. Just cant wait to get there tomorrow!
That's the road all across the Shrivardhan beach... The view is heavenly once you leave Diveagar towards Shrivardhan.

Have a safe trip and a great drive Siddhesh and yes do share lots of pics.
Old 27th August 2012, 12:48   #32
BHPian

Re: Pune-Diveagar-Shrivardhan Road trip

Am back

Will post pictures and details soon, but here are some quick takeaways for those planning a similar trip in the near future..

Mulshi road is overall decent, a few very bad patches where you should slow down, but otherwise very motorable. On the other hand, Varandha-Bhor is a BAD idea, even for sturdy SUVs. A definite no no for sedans and hatches.

Driving in Konkan is a pleasure, most of the roads are in great condition - except the Shriwardhan-Mhasla-Mahad road.

We stayed at Patil Guesthouse, right next to Exotica at Diveagar. It's new, had clean beds and toilets, and is a great, affordable option, at 1/3rd the Exotica rates. There are also a couple other good options there including Shree Ganesh Resort. All very close to the beach.

For food, nothing beats Swayam Patil Kahanaval.

Getting onto the beach with your car is tempting, but unless you are prepared to hire a tractor or get 20 locals to help push you out, avoid the temptation. Trust me Been there, done that!

At Harihareshwar, you have to visit the rock cliffs and formations behind the temple - and be prepared to get wet in the waves smashing up.

Last edited by siddheshb : 27th August 2012 at 12:49.
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 16:13   #33
BHPian

I have posted my detailed travelogue, along with lots of pics and a video of Samara marooned on the beach at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ys-konkan.html

Note: Mods, please merge this post with my previous post. Thanks!
Old 27th August 2012, 16:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I agree that the drive from Diveagar to Harihareshwar by the coast is amazing. After Diveagar, when one climbs and descends the first hill/ ghat, there is an amazingly serene beach.

When we went to Diveagar in Jan 2010, the locals had put up barricades to prevent 4 wheelers from entering the beach area. We also witnessed an argument between them and a 2 wheeler owner who wanted to get onto the beach. Apparently they were sick and tired of people who got stuck in the sand. Their point was that the tide moves in quick and can pose a huge risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Getting onto the beach with your car is tempting, but unless you are prepared to hire a tractor or get 20 locals to help push you out, avoid the temptation. Trust me Been there, done that!
Ahem, cough. splutter
you had to try it, eh?

Glad Samara made it back in full fettle. or throttle.
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:23   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Am back

Will post pictures and details soon, but here are some quick takeaways for those planning a similar trip in the near future..

Mulshi road is overall decent, a few very bad patches where you should slow down, but otherwise very motorable. On the other hand, Varandha-Bhor is a BAD idea, even for sturdy SUVs. A definite no no for sedans and hatches.

Driving in Konkan is a pleasure, most of the roads are in great condition - except the Shriwardhan-Mhasla-Mahad road.

We stayed at Patil Guesthouse, right next to Exotica at Diveagar. It's new, had clean beds and toilets, and is a great, affordable option, at 1/3rd the Exotica rates. There are also a couple other good options there including Shree Ganesh Resort. All very close to the beach.

For food, nothing beats Swayam Patil Kahanaval.

At Harihareshwar, you have to visit the rock cliffs and formations behind the temple - and be prepared to get wet in the waves smashing up.
Could you share the contact details of the guesthouse in Shrivardhan
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebeauty View Post
Could you share the contact details of the guesthouse in Shrivardhan
Sorry @whitebeauty - can't remember, was a pretty long time ago!

Most Viewed