Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2011, 10:38   #1
BHPian

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.

I indeed need a break .Thought of going Konkan belt as it was one of the best place and It has lots of beaches starting from Alibaug to Goa.I had already been to Alibaug, Khasid and murud janjira and could not cover harihareswar and diveagar which I had missed that time.So I along with my wife decided to go to harihareswar-Diveagar during the weekend... I am mesmerized when I see ocean.

We started at 7 AM in the morning, the route taken is :
Pimple Saudagar - wakad - Highway - Chandni chowk - Pirangut Road - Paud- Mulshi- Tamhini Ghat - Turn left at Vile - Nijampur - Mangaon. You will reach NH – 17. Continue traveling left towards Mahad - after Mangaon ST Stand on SH 97 to Mhasala via sai Morba Ghat - Left- Harihareswar - Come back and continue to right- Diveagar.

Avoid crossing Tamhini Ghat at night time and lonely as it is not safe We crossed wakad and took left to touch the highway,reached chandni chowk turned to left and continued straight.We did not stop until we come across Mulsi dam...I parked the car in the road side and came out to take some pictures.The place was beautiful and it looked like a huge landscape painting hanged in the wall of a big palace. We spend around half an hour and left for Harihareswar.Both sides of the roads were full of mango trees with lots of mangoes as were coming closure to Harihareswar... I could not help ourselves but stopped the car to buy some mangoes from a road side seller.It was damn cheap we got 2 dozens of mango for just 150 rupees which costs some 700 in pune. Well we ate some of mangoes and kept the rest in the boot and headed straight to Harihareswar, we were just 30/35 km away.

We reached Harihareswar sharp at 1 PM and it took me 5 hours to reach with one break in mulsi and second for buying some mangoes.Well Harihareshwar is one of the famous beach in Konkan belt because of its temple on the seashore ,the beach itself and the natural beauties.The temple here is one of the major attractions of Harihareshwar which is known as Kashi of Southern India. The hill on the seashore at Harihareshwar is known as 'Harihar', this is what we heard from the local people.

Parked the car, we were dying to have some food, we went to a konkani sort of family run hotel which was not at all good and made us disappointed.It was hot however we decided to go to the temple and spend some time in the temple which was located in the seashore. The sea looked awesome from the temple premises.Frankly, Harihareshwar is a place of temples and beautiful seashore. The ambience here is very auspicious and creates pleasure however we did not like it, and I don't know why...So thought of going to Diveagar, a well-known nearby beach.

We headed straight to the beach first to bring up the mood of fun and excitement... yeah we liked it, Diveagar Beach is a nice clear water beach, white sand & serenity.The beach is a real revelation,Around 5 km long stretch with white sand & clear water. At one end of the beach is a fishing settlement while the other end is covered by a small mountain.

Diveagar has numerous households offering accommodation for as low as Rs.500-600 per day,we checked some of them they were of good standard however we decided to stay in a hotel(more specifically we needed an AC room :-)) since it was hot and it was so hot that we were all sweating and felt like we need a shower.We finally got a nice hotel to stay and he charged us some 2500/day , it was a good family run hotel... the name Maitrey...We got into the room got freshen up and rested for some time because I had a feeling of tiredness as i drove all the way from pune, around 250 kms...

In the evening we went to the beach, it was in walkable distance... The beach was getting crowed as the sun appread to go down the ocean... Ohh I love sun set. People say you should not take your picture with sunset back ground but I always love to take that.We walked a lot in the beach, we entered the water played with with it.. I took some breath taking pictures... Finally the sun went out of our vision as the evening approached. It wasgetting dark, pleople started leaving the beach , so did we. Went back to the hotel and enquired for a nice restaurant and found the hotel it salf has a nice restaurant but we were not in a mood of trying konkani food because this might again left us disappointing.But again we though this restaurant looks good and we have come to konkan, lets try it hoping this time it would taste good... we of course had taken the right decision.. the food taste great.All of us were so tired and took rest.Next morning we went to the sea/went inside the water.. had lots of fun.. I swam in the sea,it felt good as i was swimming after a long time. Diveagar beach is a flat beach and suitable for swimming in low tide.Well we spent some 3/4 hrs in the beach in the morning and came to get ready for the return journey... In short,Diveagar is an ideal weekend getaway away from city crowd.The best part was the water and calmness offered by this place
We got fresh had our food and left diveagar, before leaving we thought of going to a temple called Suvarnaganesha (Golden Ganesh) Temple and then went towards pune... after crossing few kilometers we came across a local fish market and found the rates are too cheap compared to pune and brought some 4/5 Kgs prawns.Thats it... now lets go back.. we left sharp at 2'O clock and ticked pune at 7/7:30.

Cooked the fresh prawn and enjoyed the dinner in my friends home... rested the night and resumed all boring routine life :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-000_0001.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-000_0002.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-000_0005.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0019.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0026.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0029.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0030.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0033.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0040.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0048.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0063.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0069.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0080.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0072.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-100_0089.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-picture-013.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-picture-014.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-picture-018.jpg  

Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.-picture-039.jpg  

Last edited by AbiS : 3rd May 2011 at 00:25.
AbiS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 20:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harihareswar-Diveagar, yet another weekend trip.

Great Travelogue! enjoyed reading it, this is the second one on Divegar i am reading today. Looks like a lot of folks are visiting the Virgin beaches of Maharashtra. Which is a good thing. They truly are relaxing beaches to laze around in. You got a great deal on the mangoes. and no trip to the beach is complete without savoring the local konkani cuisine, and glad that you got some great dinner atleast. Thanks for posting and sharing your information on the place. Hope to visit Divegar sometime.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 21:55   #3
dot
Senior - BHPian

Lovely poetic pictures and travelogue. Second @mdsaab, interesting to read two travelogues of different flavors to the same place using similar route on the same day.
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:13   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi AbiS,

Thanks for sharing your travelogue. Please note that it is mandatory to upload pictures using the Team-BHP attachment system only (how to?).

I've temporarily moved your thread to the Assembly line section, where you can edit your posts infinitely. Please replace all these pictures with those uploaded the attachment way, and we'll move your thread right back to the public forum.

Appreciate the support
Old 3rd May 2011, 00:27   #5
BHPian

Hi GTO,

I have added the pictures using the Team-BHP attachment system. Now you can move to the public forum.

Thanks a lot !
Abinash
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:20   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved back to the public forum section.

Thanks for using the assembly line, AbiS!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks