Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 23:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi All,
Having just been to Tadoba, I can tell you with some satisfaction, that the two cubs are indeed in the Kolsa Range. They are frequently spotted at a place called RamshinghAamba, alongwith their mother and another Male tiger.
Unfortunately I was unable to get a sighting of anyone, even though I spent nearly 4.5 hours at the spot.

A picture of the spot!
Attachment 552776

The very spot Gautam da! Thanks for finally making your presence felt on this thread. I plan to do a proper 4 day - 8 safari drive in Kolsa for these cubs very soon as soon as I can get some free time. Thanks for the virtual tour of Ramsing Amba though. How's the lighting at this particular spot in the mornings and evenings ? And how far away from where you are parked does the action happen ?

Guruji, it seems you will have to find some time out for Tadoba in the monsoons.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 31st May 2011, 12:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to as Tadoba is the only reserve that is open round the year. Will keep you informed.. Maybe I could fly down to Nagpur and then drive to Tadoba in the "bride"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post

Guruji, it seems you will have to find some time out for Tadoba in the monsoons.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 31st May 2011, 12:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
The very spot Gautam da! Thanks for finally making your presence felt on this thread. I plan to do a proper 4 day - 8 safari drive in Kolsa for these cubs very soon as soon as I can get some free time. Thanks for the virtual tour of Ramsing Amba though. How's the lighting at this particular spot in the mornings and evenings ? And how far away from where you are parked does the action happen ?

Dr. A Ghosh
Hi Abheek,
You should do the drives soon. At Ramshingh Aamba, you are parked roughly 100-150 mtrs. from the waterbody. I would assume a min. 300mm, preferably a 400mm or higher lens for capturing the good moments. There is a nullah on the left of the waterbody, where the tigers usually rest. The lighting is good, both in the mornings and early evenings. The day this snap was taken, there was a bit of cloud cover.
Looking forward to snaps from your side, both at Ramshingh Aamba and Yen Boli.
I will be posting some random photos of Tadoba in this thread soon, if you don't mind.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:23   #19
BHPian

Some random Photos from Tadoba.

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-img_0095.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-img_0131.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-img_0139.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-img_0157.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-img_0171.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-img_0187.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-img_0218_1.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105130066.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105140108.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105140111.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105140172.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105140176.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105140186.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105140190.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150224.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150226.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150237.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150243.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150245.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150246.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150250a.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150252.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150253.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150264.jpg

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-1105150265.jpg
Old 5th June 2011, 04:49   #20
BHPian

In support of the UN International Year of Forests 2011

Thank you Gautamda for enriching this thread with your pics from Tadoba and news from Ramsingh Amba.
Reposting one of my favourite pics from Tadoba taken during last monsoons integrated with the theme for World Environment Day 2011 - "Forests: Nature at Your Service"

Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-38740_10150227687570582_569205581_13572787_7403401_n.jpg

Wishing all crusaders Godspeed !!

Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 5th June 2011 at 04:51. Reason: to add info
abheekg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 11:47   #21
BHPian

The pictures of the lovely cubs reminds me of a movie in HBO few month's back, "Two Brother's" was the name i believe, based on a true story from British era Cambodia.

In Assam, tigers and other wild animals are being slowly wiped out by illegal immigrants encroching upon forest land and poisoning waterhole. This is worse then poching as pochers kill rhinos only, but now with the immigrant onslought the whole wilderness is being destroyed for good.
Old 6th June 2011, 13:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I am trying to as Tadoba is the only reserve that is open round the year. Will keep you informed.. Maybe I could fly down to Nagpur and then drive to Tadoba in the "bride"...
I would request abheekg and gd1418 a small information.

Couple of days back i called Saras Resort guyz over phone regarding reservation for 2nd or 3 week of june They told me to hold my plans becuase this time there is a proposal ( not yet 100% confirmed) to close the tiger reserve during monsoons. was told that a definite status will be known in a week or 10 days time.

Is it correct that reserve will be closed dueing the monsoon. Any information on this will be of great help.

Thanks in advance
NH
Old 6th June 2011, 17:03   #23
BHPian

Yes you are night Hawk , i read this news few weeks back through save the tiger group on facebook .

Here is the link for the news : Tadoba may be closed for tourists this monsoon - Times Of India

According to news it states , they are in talks for closing of Tadoba during monsoons . Dr Abheek can throw a better light on this topic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post

Couple of days back i called Saras Resort guyz over phone regarding reservation for 2nd or 3 week of june They told me to hold my plans becuase this time there is a proposal ( not yet 100% confirmed) to close the tiger reserve during monsoons. was told that a definite status will be known in a week or 10 days time.

Is it correct that reserve will be closed dueing the monsoon. Any information on this will be of great help.

Thanks in advance
NH
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 15:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
The pictures of the lovely cubs reminds me of a movie in HBO few month's back, "Two Brother's" was the name i believe, based on a true story from British era Cambodia.

In Assam, tigers and other wild animals are being slowly wiped out by illegal immigrants encroching upon forest land and poisoning waterhole. This is worse then poching as pochers kill rhinos only, but now with the immigrant onslought the whole wilderness is being destroyed for good.
Thank you sir. If you have info and pics of what you write about in Assam please publish them and let the entire international community know about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post

Thanks in advance
NH
A few things :

No1. No decision has still been taken on this yet. I will update as soon as I have any concrete info.

No2. Avoid sarus at all costs. Horrible service. stick to MTDC or one of the village homestays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Yes you are night Hawk , i read this news few weeks back through save the tiger group on facebook .

Here is the link for the news : Tadoba may be closed for tourists this monsoon - Times Of India

According to news it states , they are in talks for closing of Tadoba during monsoons . Dr Abheek can throw a better light on this topic .
Apparently by the looks of it, it seems that the park will remain open in the monsoons, but please stand by for a final word from my end before finalizing your plans.

Dr. A Ghosh
+919960332228
Old 10th June 2011, 15:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
No decision has still been taken on this yet. I will update as soon as I have any concrete info.
Avoid sarus at all costs. Horrible service. stick to MTDC or one of the village homestays.
Dr. A Ghosh
+919960332228
Doctor Saab,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advise. Will stick to MTDC. I will wait for the word of confirmation from you regarding the park being open.

Sir, if the Reserve reamins open, will it be OK to visit in July (from wild life sighting point of view)

Thanks again
NH
Old 10th June 2011, 16:27   #26
BHPian

Hi Abheek. I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the decission. Already done a train reservation. It should open.

@ Night Hawk: Tadoba rocks through out the year. Jungle safari in Monsoon has its own charm. Forget about animals, just the surroundings is so beautiful. I will be disapointed if it is closed.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:57   #27
BHPian

Thanks to Dr Abheek as this thread is now going to bring tadoba in the limelight and inspire more wildlife enthusiasts to visit this park for sure.
Threads like these are an eye-opener for people like us who do not have the opportunity to travel so often to the jungles.
Now with Tadoba getting more attention from you, we shall have detailed updates as in your pench thread.
Regards
Old 25th June 2011, 00:44   #28
BHPian

Dear all
Word has just come in that tadoba will remain partially closed. See timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/Tadoba-to-remain-closed-partially/articleshow/8930910.cms

I am going to tadoba for 4 days tomorrow to check on the sightings and understand the meaning of this partial closure. I will keep everybody updated here. Pench MP is closing next wednesday (30 june) and last week i made 2 visits to the park with excellent sightings of Badi maa cubs and missing a bold shahrukh (collarwali cub) by a whisker; apart from getting a new male in pyorthadi. I will update the pics next week on my pench thread.

This Tadoba trip is going to be special. We will be distributing solar lamps to the villagers in jamni village inside the core apart from our regular activities. I will write about my trip after I am back.

Regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 25th June 2011, 10:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Any news of Gauri? Has it been sighted of late?

Quote:

Pench MP is closing next wednesday (30 june) and last week i made 2 visits to the park with excellent sightings of Badi maa cubs and missing a bold shahrukh (collarwali cub) by a whisker; apart from getting a new male in pyorthadi. I will update the pics next week on my pench thread.

Regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 26th June 2011, 21:07   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Any news of Gauri? Has it been sighted of late?
Gauri is doing great sir. Some friends ave spotted her recently.

In the meanwhile everybody planning jungle visits during the rains is advised to read this Log In | Facebook

Feel free to add to this document.

Dr. A Ghosh
abheekg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks