Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 11:00   #16
BHPian

Re: From Bangalore to Shillong with an engagement ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Where are the pics of water falls in Cherra? When we went it was in Dec and ther was hardly much water. Here is the picture.
Attachment 557734

This is the picture of sun rise in Ri Kynjai from the balcony of our room!
Attachment 557735
We were there in late April and early May. Actually left behind one of my memory cards at In-Laws place. That had Pics of Ri Kynjai, Umiam , Nohkalikai etc..Will upload those along with new pics post this year's trip.
Old 10th June 2011, 11:19   #17
BHPian

Dear Joe,

A little more details of your stay-hotels , restuarants etc as my wife and I are driving to Meghalaya to attend a similar wedding-one of my daughter's friend-khasi girl getting married to a South Indian-02 Dec 11. Will driving down as we want to visit Bhutan & Siikim to.
7 years- along time-congratulations-when is the big day??
Old 10th June 2011, 12:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Dear Joe,

A little more details of your stay-hotels , restuarants etc as my wife and I are driving to Meghalaya to attend a similar wedding-one of my daughter's friend-khasi girl getting married to a South Indian-02 Dec 11. Will driving down as we want to visit Bhutan & Siikim to.
7 years- along time-congratulations-when is the big day??
Hey Jude - Big Day is over some 8 months back..Engagement was in May finally got Married in October '10.

My stay was at Hotel Yalana, which I would put in the budget category. I stayed in a special double deluxe room , which was around 1700 bucks a night ( Double deluxe room is 900 per night). Rooms are adequate and clean and the food is tasty, and there is a cake shop in the same complex( God i am such a foodie). This is a very nice location as it is some what the center of Shillong . You will find an ATM , Beauty Saloon ,Liquor outlet, Planet M, Taxi Stand all in and around the hotel complex itself. And Shillong cathedral is just a 5 min walk.And has adequate car parking as well

IF you are looking for a more luxurious option , suggest Polo Towers. A double deluxe room will cost you close to 3000 bucks. This is closer to golf links. Also Tripura Castle is quite famous and in similar class

Then there is Hotel Centre Point (Pic in an above thread) this is at Police Bazaar, rates are slightly lesser than Polo Towers. But this area would always be crowded.

These are the places which I have personally seen. There are quite a few more, in varying budgets, you may browse through megtourism.gov.in

Suggest you do the booking well in advance as at Nov- Dec there would be a rush. Please let me know if you need any assistance.
JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 13:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures,and thanks for all those wonderful mentions about the momos,makes one want to get on the road to Shillong immedialtely

7years of courtship & many many more years of marriagedom

Congrats and all the best to the both of you.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:09   #20
BHPian

[quote=JoeMichael;2386063]Hey Jude - Big Day is over some 8 months back..Engagement was in May finally got Married in October '10.

Sorry Joe for my Faux Paus-Congratulations on your marriage. Been to Shillong in 1977 when I was in uniform-love the place. Stayed near Bara Pani very close to the lake and used to drive down to Shillong. Loved the food there. Thanks for the info.
Old 10th June 2011, 21:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Judemayne;2386534]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMichael View Post
Hey Jude - Big Day is over some 8 months back..Engagement was in May finally got Married in October '10.

Sorry Joe for my Faux Paus-Congratulations on your marriage. Been to Shillong in 1977 when I was in uniform-love the place. Stayed near Bara Pani very close to the lake and used to drive down to Shillong. Loved the food there. Thanks for the info.
Col Jude,

Stay in Ri Kynjai. It is a beautiful place. Spacious rooms, great location, decent food, excellent aesthetics. It may be slightly expensive. But you can negotaite and get good price.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 09:59   #22
BHPian

Thanks Col saab and Ranjit for you wishes. YEs- Fauji sir , totally missed Ri Kynjai would be an option . Only thing would be the travel from Umiam to city.

Anyways , planning to visit In Laws during next month, would update on the traffic situation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks