Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 14:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit

Very nice Travelogue. Konaseema is my home so i keep visiting almost every year. The place never ceases to amaze with its natural beauty.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 19:39   #17
BHPian

As i was told, houseboats can also be hired for shorter durations like 6 hours.[/quote]

Yes Night Hawk the boats coudl be hired for 6 hours, 12 hours and 24 hours respectively.
octane78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 01:36   #18
BHPian

Travelogue Continued..
Came back to room, freshened up and had a light dinner at the Ground floor restaurant ( Rotis, mixed vegetables) and called it a day. Next day we were up from bed at 5.30; and after freshening up went down to leisurely enjoy the cool fresh morning breeze along the river bund. Hot cups of tea from the restaurant added to the luxury; at the same time our kid enjoying in the play area in the comfortable early morning warmth. We checked out 9.30 am after breakfast at the resort. Our plan was to reach Rajahmundry for lunch.
Route taken Sivakodu - Razole - Amalapuram - Mummadivaram- Yanam - Kakinada (NH 214)
Kakinada- samalkota- Rangampeta (other road)
Rajanagaram - Rajahmundry (NH5)
On the way, we filled up the tank at Indian oil pump at Sivakodu. At Mummadivaram, noticed an ATM adjoining SBI branch on the main road. After drawing some cash,we continued and reached Yanam by crossing a 2KM bridge on Gautami Godavari. A toll of Rs 75/- was paid. Yanam is a Pondicherry enclave within Andhra Pradesh. There was huge 30 feet statue of Christ on a pedestal over a hillock on the river bank. Statue was facing the downstream sdie of the river (see attached video clip) Locals said that Reliance Industries Limited has sponsored the statue under its Corporate Social Responsibility scheme ( unconfirmed) After making a short probing drive into the town of Yanam, we came back on NH 214 and continued our journey towards Kakinada.
NH214 traverses about 10 KM through the periphery of 'Korangi Reserve Forest' and reaches the busy district headquarters -Kakinada. We reached Kakinada at about 11.15am. Covered about 100 KM in 01 hour 45 mins. The town was bustling; and we encountered few traffic bottlenecks. After few enquiries, we exited NH214 and joined the Road (SH ??) to Samalkota en-route Rajahmundry.
We wanted to have a tea break at Kakinada, but postponed it to avoid getting stuck up in traffic jams. As usual in smaller cities / towns, slow moving two wheelers, three wheelers and pedesterains never responded to horns and keep moving at their pleasure. Once out of Kakinada town, we were surprised becuasue the road upto samalkota was busy with traffic. Plenty of STC buses, taxis, shared three wheelers were plying in both the directions. Road was scenic with lots of greenery and canals on either side. After samalkota, the traffic became very thin. Road surface was good to very good.After bypassing the famous town of Peddapuram, we merged with NH-5 at Rangapuram. From here onwards it was butter smooth 4 laned carriageway upto Rajahmundry.

Reposting Pasarlapudi Ferry point Video Clip

30 feet statue and YANAM Video clip
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-konaseema-081-copy.jpg  

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-konaseema-083-copy-2.jpg  

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-konaseema-085-copy.jpg  

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-konaseema-089-copy-3.jpg  

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-konaseema-090-copy-3.jpg  

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-konaseema-091-copy-2.jpg  

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-konaseema-093-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 11th June 2011 at 01:39.
Old 11th June 2011, 15:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The 7 Food court is like an oasis in the middle of nowhere,and what is very interesting is that the place has a lot of lady staff as well.Apparently there is a Hotel Management College run by the same group in the area and the students double up as staff here(just hear say so cant confirm it).The place belongs to the same group who run the Oakridge Intl Schools

Website of Seven seven
Thanks for your comments and the information about '7'
You are right, lot of lady staff were seen. Service by all the staff was good. As suggested by you, it could be because of the training at their institute. Anyways '7' is an excellent pit stop on NH-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Very nice Travelogue. Konaseema is my home so i keep visiting almost every year. The place never ceases to amaze with its natural beauty.
Nice to know that you are from Konaseema, maybe you can add some insiders' info / tips on Konaseema for the benefit of all of us
Old 11th June 2011, 19:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 7 Food court is like an oasis in the middle of nowhere,and what is very interesting is that the place has a lot of lady staff as well.
I too heard food was good there but I have not yet tasted it.

These days many of the restaurants employ women staff.

Quote:
Apparently there is a Hotel Management College run by the same group in the area and the students double up as staff here(just hear say so cant confirm it).The place belongs to the same group who run the Oakridge Intl Schools
The group is powerful enough to change the alignment of NH 9 which is being widened.
Old 12th June 2011, 14:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
The group is powerful enough to change the alignment of NH 9 which is being widened.
True,if you notice,their compound walls on the NH side have markings which indicate that they need to be pushed back by a few meters when the widening reaches that location,lets wait and see if they do indeed lose their wall or the road loses out on width!
Old 13th June 2011, 15:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Road surface was good to very good.After bypassing the famous town of Peddapuram, we merged with NH-5 at Rangapuram. From here onwards it was butter smooth 4 laned carriageway upto Rajahmundry.
What is Peddapuram famous for ?
Old 13th June 2011, 15:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
What is Peddapuram famous for ?
This is a prosperous town filled with greenery as most of Godavari district.
Peddapuram is famous for its historical, cultural and "social" heritage

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 13th June 2011 at 15:44.
Old 18th June 2011, 16:29   #24
BHPian

Hey Knight rider here are a few pics of our visit to Konaseema in 2008. Please excuse the bad quality as we were in a hurry we forgot to take the camera and had to use mobiles for taking pictures.

AP tourism resort
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-05072008.jpg
Back waters
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-05072008003.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-05072008007.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00008.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00011.jpg
Your truly maneuvering the house boat
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00015.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00027.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00034.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00049.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00050.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00052.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00054.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00058.jpg

Name:  DSC00074.JPG
Views: 2074
Size:  130.5 KB

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00092.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00100.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00132.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00144.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00155.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-dsc00146.jpg
The 3 house boats at that time
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-image272.jpg
Chinchinada bridge
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-image274.jpg

Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-image277.jpg
View from our room in the resort
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-image265.jpg
Bed room in the house boat
Hyderabad To Konaseema And Beyond - Summer Visit-image279.jpg
Old 20th June 2011, 17:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Peddapuram is famous for its historical, cultural and "social" heritage
Quite diplomatic wording !!!

I heard most of Peddapuram's "cultural and social" heritage seems to shift its base to Kukatpally, Jubilee Hills and Banjara Hills.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True,if you notice,their compound walls on the NH side have markings which indicate that they need to be pushed back by a few meters when the widening reaches that location,lets wait and see if they do indeed lose their wall or the road loses out on width!
Road doesnt lose its width, the restaurant doesnt lose its wall. The alignment has been changed.

I agree, the wall is a bit too close to the shoulder of the road.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:26   #27

Night_Hawk,
I think Konaseema has to be one of the best vacation trips in A.P. Nice trip and excellent report. One question if i may , Is there an overnight parking facility/option around the boat pick-up points , in case one wants to do the night stay at bamboo huts ? Thanks.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr912m View Post
Night_Hawk,
I think Konaseema has to be one of the best vacation trips in A.P. Nice trip and excellent report. One question if i may , Is there an overnight parking facility/option around the boat pick-up points , in case one wants to do the night stay at bamboo huts ? Thanks.
Thanks for appreciating the report. No doubt Konaseema is one of the best vacations destinations. The beauty of this region will increase many folds during and after monsoons.

Excellent overnight parking facility is available at house boat pick-up point at Haritha coconut country resort at Dindi.

I am sorry as i am not sure about the same at Bamboo huts (associated with papikondalu boat ride)

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 27th June 2011 at 16:29. Reason: typos
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 16:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Bamboo huts (associated with papikondalu boat ride)
I am thinking of taking a boat from Rajahmundry (Pattiseema) to Papikondalu with an overnight stay in the bamboo huts (Kolleru).

Can anyone give me the names and numbers of a few reupted reliable high-quality operators who provide bookings for the bamboo huts and also for the boats?

Thanks in advance!
Old 28th June 2011, 19:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I am thinking of taking a boat from Rajahmundry (Pattiseema) to Papikondalu with an overnight stay in the bamboo huts (Kolleru).

Can anyone give me the names and numbers of a few reupted reliable high-quality operators who provide bookings for the bamboo huts and also for the boats?

Thanks in advance!
Hello hyd_traveller, We have been there last year in July and took the boat ride from Pattiseema to Papikondalu. We have booked the boat through AP tourism and the cost of each person would be 400 Rs which includes breakfast, lunch and tea in the evening.

We have not stayed at the Bamboo huts but the cost is 1000 Rs per day. The boat would drop you there and on the next day it would pick you up and drop you back at Pattiseema.

I am not sure of the number but you will find the boat operators (Including AP tourism) on the bank's of the river Rajahmundry and can book the boat ride there itself.

Thanks Shashi.

Most Viewed