Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 12:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Kanha Ready Reckoner- Read before planning Kanha trip

I am staying at club Mahindra. Its a newly opened property near Khatia gate.
Old 11th May 2018, 17:56   #17
BHPian

Hello Team. Bumping up this thread. We (two families) are set to visit Kanha tomorrow. A friend of mine has pulled some strings to get us accommodation at Forest Department's property at Khatia Gate.
Does anyone know what sort of accommodation this is? I have no clue and the Forest official who called up to confirm did not explain clearly too.
Secondly, online safari booking is totally filled up for the four core zones and only the buffer zones remain up for grabs. Any advice as to which buffer zone to opt for? Khatia, Sijhora, Khapa et all.
Any timely inputs on the above will be of great help to me.
Thank you.
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:44   #18
BHPian

How early does the online booking start for Kanha?

And where is it that I can check that. I tried calling all the different phone numbers listed on https://forest.mponline.gov.in website, but all those numbers are out of order.

We want to do a safari around Diwali time - October end of this year. So wanted to know how we could book them in advance. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 8th July 2019, 14:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
How early does the online booking start for Kanha?

And where is it that I can check that. I tried calling all the different phone numbers listed on https://forest.mponline.gov.in website, but all those numbers are out of order.

We want to do a safari around Diwali time - October end of this year. So wanted to know how we could book them in advance. Any pointers would be appreciated.
The web link you have provided above is what you will have to use to book the permits online. If am not wrong for safari permits in MP, you can book up to 60 or 90 days in advance from the date of your trip. Currently the park is closed for monsoon & the option to book permits online for the next season (Oct 2019 to Jun 2020) is currently blocked by the FD. Online bookings might start again sometime in Jul end or Aug, so keep a close watch.Online booking is the way to go than calling FD or resorts.
Torque123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 22:59   #20
BHPian

Hi has anyone does a road trip to Kanha recently? I'm planning a trip from Mumbai and looking for some updated info regarding roads etc.
Old 14th December 2023, 13:15   #21
BHPian

Hi all, which gates should I visit at Kanha? I am planning to go in first or second week of March.
I have booked Kanha gate safari. Should I book for Kisli gate too?
Old 18th December 2023, 16:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi all, which gates should I visit at Kanha? I am planning to go in first or second week of March.
The main gates to get into Kanha Core zones are Khatia and Mukki gates.
You can stick to Khatia gate itself. Try and book a few safaris in Mukki zone as the tiger sightings are pretty good at the moment in that zone.
ramnath_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 13:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
We just got back from there we had booked 2 safari's from Khatia gate. Sightings in zones vary with seasons so book buffer and core zones as tigers roam and can be sighted anywhere. A convoy of 8 cars witnessed tiger crossing (not just sighting, a full crossing in between vehicles) for a solid 5 minutes in the buffer zone, while we were chasing paw prints at that very moment in the core zone
ankur_fox is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks