Team-BHP > Travelogues

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 14:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Nikon D5000 in the land of the tiger - Kanha National Park visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
W.A.G.7,

Your travelogue brought back memories of my trip to Kanha, where I had the chance to see the Umarpaani Tigress with her 18 month old male cub and of course Munna.

It is all here at - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2355538
Hey, nice pics. Was she radio collared back then? The guide told us some of the tigers were radio collared; but once the battery drained completely, the collar fell off.
Old 15th June 2011, 23:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey, my travelogue is on the main page!! I am honored guys, thank you very much!!

And thanks for those replies and views

Here are 4 videos taken at the park.

Barking deer:

Gaur:

Peacock:

Full flow of the Dhuandhar waterfalls at Bhedaghat
Old 16th June 2011, 09:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

A superb set of photos. A Crisp and a quick narration.

Cheers.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 11:46   #19
BHPian

Absolutely gorgeous snaps W.A.G.7. It must be really thrilling to watch with wild cat.

One of the snap I liked most is the snap of road just after "The next day, we begin our journey into the forest at 5.30AM". It's amazing mate!! Gives a kind of illusion as if the jungle is coming straight on towards you (3D effect). Pretty good one.
adalvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 17:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalvi View Post
Gives a kind of illusion as if the jungle is coming straight on towards you (3D effect). Pretty good one.
This trick was taught to me by one of the camp instructors. First, lock the focus by pressing the shutter half way. And while you are fully pressing the shutter, turn the zoom ring on the lens. Takes some practice getting used to, the first photos turn out to be blurred. After some 4-5 pics, you get the correct co-ordination between pressing the shutter fully with the right hand and turning the zoom ring with the left hand.
Old 16th June 2011, 19:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant pictures-5star!Thanks for sharing
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 22:08   #22
BHPian

W.A.G.7

Really Awesome Pic there man! It must have been Epic to see 4 Tigers! Wild Dogs are really amazing Animals, aren't they? I love them! How come there aren't any Wild Elephants in your pics? I love the Jungles too!

Munna's "CAT" Stripe on his Forehead is Just Epic! I have a Hat that says CAT on it! From the company "Caterpillar"!
Old 17th June 2011, 14:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
How come there aren't any Wild Elephants in your pics?
That's because there aren't any wild elephants in Central India. Wild elephants are found either at the North (Corbett) or down south(Bandipur). Whatever elephants are present in the park are trained one's for the tiger shows in the jungle. You can say they are almost domesticated . I am yet to see Wild elephants in the wild. Maybe next trip to Corbett will satisfy this!

Wild dogs are indeed amazing and a rarity. They are found only in Kanha and Tadoba I think. But we were very lucky to spot them as soon as we entered the forest.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:15   #24
BHPian

Sir, Im jaw-dropped with the travelogue. I'm also planning for the same tour. Request you to kindly PM me the Number of Fooliage Tours. I'm not able to find it in the webite (or it is not opening properly in my system). Kindly guide me if you have any useful tips. I'm keepin a close-eye on this thread!

I hope I can pester my friends and get them going.
I'll use my Nikon kit extensively.
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 15:42   #25
BHPian

You have had a great photographic initiation of Kanha. Didn't you visit Pench when you were so near ?
Thanks for mentioning me in your opening post. Who were the drivers and guides who went with you ? Anybody recommended ?

Added 5 stars for your effort.
Keep posting.

Dr. A Ghosh
abheekg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 17:39   #26
BHPian

@W.A.G.7

Oh! Alright! Why aren't there any Elephants in Central India? Lack of water?

And If you plan on visiting the forests of the southern India, please do tell me! I'll be glad to help! I speak 3 languages of southern India!
Old 17th June 2011, 19:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures! Seems many of us were in Kanha aroud the same time. Munna's photos have come out very well. We looked for wild dogs everywhere, couldn't locate them.

The Satish you mention - is he the driver for Gypsy # 38 or #37? If so, we had the same driver. I actually preferred his elder brother who is a photographer himself.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 04:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome set of photos WAG7! Thanks so much for sharing, made for a very nice read!

Rated 5*
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 14:18   #29
BHPian

In recent year MP government has taken lot if initiatives to improve the tourism. Some year back when I was in Panchmadhi, they were removing all the small stalls from all the touristic places, to make the sites clean. Seems like they have done good job to these National Parks as well.

I am planning go to the forest during November, when I will be in India for good. Don't know if this will be good time.
Old 18th June 2011, 14:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Request you to kindly PM me the Number of Fooliage Tours. I'm not able to find it in the webite (or it is not opening properly in my system).
I hope I can pester my friends and get them going. I'll use my Nikon kit extensively.
Hey, check your inbox. I have sent you the contact details. They can arrange customized trips for you and your friends/family. If there are 10-12 people in your group, they will even send one of their camp instructors with you. I have been going on trips with them since the last 4 years and I can say that their arrangements are excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
You have had a great photographic initiation of Kanha. Didn't you visit Pench when you were so near ? Thanks for mentioning me in your opening post. Who were the drivers and guides who went with you ? Anybody recommended ?

Added 5 stars for your effort.
Keep posting.

Dr. A Ghosh
Thanks for the 5 stars! Actually, this camp was arranged by them, so the itinerary was fixed; we could not change the plans. We had initially planned one ride in the Mukki zone for clicking leopards, but unfortunately couldn't get the permits in time.

If it were only a 3-4 of us, then we would have gone to Pench indeed. Let's see, I am planning a trip in early March next year; to Pench-Tadoba-Kanha-Bandhavgadh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
@W.A.G.7

Oh! Alright! Why aren't there any Elephants in Central India? Lack of water?

And If you plan on visiting the forests of the southern India, please do tell me! I'll be glad to help! I speak 3 languages of southern India!
Maybe yes. Also the heat is much more in central India than in the North/South. But this is only my guess. And yes, I do plan to do - Kabini-Bandipur-Ranganthittu sometime in December this year, so I will definitely let you know my plans! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
The Satish you mention - is he the driver for Gypsy # 38 or #37? If so, we had the same driver. I actually preferred his elder brother who is a photographer himself.
Yes, it seems many people were in Central India this summer. I wish we could have met sometime! I told SubratSeet the same thing, he left Kanha on 24th and we arrived in Kanha on 24th! Just missed each other!

Well, actually we had two gypsies and two drivers - 1st one was gypsy no 129 with driver Ghanshyam and second one was gypsy no 55 with driver Ranjeet. I don't know much about the drivers there but if you want, I can ask our camp instructor about the drivers; he has well known contacts over there and is in touch with them regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
In recent year MP government has taken lot if initiatives to improve the tourism. Some year back when I was in Panchmadhi, they were removing all the small stalls from all the touristic places, to make the sites clean. Seems like they have done good job to these National Parks as well.

I am planning go to the forest during November, when I will be in India for good. Don't know if this will be good time.
Yes, MP government is doing a good job to promote tourism. Jungles and surrounding buffer zones are quite clean. Since you will be going in November, I think you should try Mukki zone in Kanha for the leopards. We did not have the time to go to Mukki zone.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed