Team-BHP - A Weekend at Kabini River Back waters
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A Weekend at Kabini River Back waters (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/10263-weekend-kabini-river-back-waters-4.html)

Thanks guys

Is it possible to go to the Nagarhole National Park by car?
My wife is 2 months pregnant and I am wondering if it is safe to take the Jeep Safari to Nagarhole National Park. How bad is the terrain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 806452)
My wife is 2 months pregnant and I am wondering if it is safe to take the Jeep Safari to Nagarhole National Park. How bad is the terrain?

Absolute NO NO during the first trimester even if the road is fine. Infact I would suggest you to not to drive to Kabini with her.
Second Trimester (after the scan report) is fine for driving on good roads. I did all my trips in the second trimester and avoided bad roads.

So my suggession would be no. Why take risk unnecessarily, let the yolk grow and based on its health after the 3month scan you start your travelling.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 806475)
Absolute NO NO during the first trimester even if the road is fine. Infact I would suggest you to not to drive to Kabini with her.
Second Trimester (after the scan report) is fine for driving on good roads. I did all my trips in the second trimester and avoided bad roads.

So my suggession would be no. Why take risk unnecessarily, let the yolk grow and based on its health after the 3month scan you start your travelling.

Abhi

Thanks Roy. I have decided to postpone the travel to June end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 806452)
Thanks guys

Is it possible to go to the Nagarhole National Park by car?

akroy is absolutely right agree:

forget all your safari trips with wifey for another 5-6 weeks & then seek Gynec's advice before you plan any further road trips.
cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclectix 1st (Post 806508)
akroy is absolutely right agree:

forget all your safari trips with wifey for another 5-6 weeks & then seek Gynec's advice before you plan any further road trips.
cheers:

Thanks. I was half-minded all the while.
I drive slowly when she is there by treating humps and potholes with care. I was looking at nearby places becauseof this constraint. I would not be able to travel peacefully if I take her now. I will be spending time at one of my favourite resort, HOME. clap:

Hello Friends,
Anyone visited Kabini recently. Any idea on the condition of roads from Mysore to Kabini. My friend is travelling on this weekend and will be staying in "The Bison" Resort.

Guys....any idea on the condition of road to Kabini

[quote=Samurai;171999]
....These can grow upto 6ft and weigh 1000Kgs. Some mistake them as bisons, but there are no bisons in India.

Zoological name: Bos gaurus.
Gaur also known as the Indian Bison.
It is the largest species of wild cattle in the world. Bigger than the wild water buffalo, African buffalo and Bison.

Good write up and photographs of the wildlife, the forest and especially the night shots of the cottages at JLR.
The panther under the high tension power grid, even though in low light conditions is a well captured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 805499)
gkrishn,
However if you observe the 2nd pic closely the leopard seems to have stripes on its legs, Just like a tiger. I wonder if leopard's have strips like this one had.
Wonder if was a cross breed , Or is it just some image shadow distortion ?

A Weekend at Kabini River Back waters-20833.jpg

Fillmore,

Notice the zoomed in image, the appearance of the stripes on the left fore leg is due to inline spot condensation, as the underbelly and area under the panther is white, the black spot in three rows stands out and contrasts giving it the striped illusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 265462)
Just looking for one information. Is the new highway between bangalore and Mysore complete. From silkboard (i will come via Hosur) how to find the mysore road? I remember some fly over kind of thing but not very sure. Can some one help me?

NICE Road, though not fully complete will help you to reach Mysore Road from Hosur side easily. Just after electronic city, be on the service road, you would see, up ramp for the NICE road.

You would need to get down at Bannerghata Road through some diversions, and take left on Bannerghata road and again turn right to get back to NICE road. Google Map should map.