Route: Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Yercaud
Car: Swift VDi
Distance: around 240 km
Time Taken: around 6 hours including stops for food and fuel - day driving
GPS Navigation: Ovi maps on Nokia E53
Music: Sony Xplod AUX in from iPod Touch
Stay: Grange Resorts
Duration: June 10 2011 to June 12 2011
Visits: Shervaroyan Temple, Lake, Boathouse, Deer park, Pagoda Point, Ladies Seat point, Children's Seat Point, Gents Seat point, Skywalk in Hotel GRT Nature Trails, ATV quad biking at Grange resorts
Food: Good food at Grange resorts, Buffet lunch at GRT Nature Trails @ 450 rupees + taxes

Tolls given one way - total 239 rupees
1. Electronics City - 35 rupees
2. Attibele - 20 rupees
3. Krishnagiri - 50 rupees
4. Thopur - 66 rupees
5. Omalur - 53 rupees
6. Yercaud - 15 rupees

Our Experiences -

Superb and enjoyable trip. Yercaud is a very small hill station town. So, taking your own vehicle is a good idea to roam around.
Great Roads all the way (80 km is the speed limit in most of the roads from Bangalore to Salem that only lorry/truck drivers follow).
Limited Mobile Network coverage at certains places in Yercaud.
20 Hairping bends from Salem to Yercaud (Advice - Stick to left, Drive slow, Avoid overtaking).
Be sure you ask for the price before buying anything in Yercaud. I had to shell out 25 rupees for one makka solam (butta).
Get some Mangoes on the way back (seasonal). Salem's mangoes are very famous and tasty.
Attached Thumbnails
Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-bangalore_to_yercaud_route.png  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-bangalore_to_salem_1.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-bangalore_to_salem_2.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-salem_to_yercaud_road_1.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-salem_to_yercaud_road_2.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-19th_hairpin_bend.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-grange_resorts_entrance.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-cottage_at_grange_resorts.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-shervaroyan_temple.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-the_car.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-view_from_gents_seat.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-pagoda_point.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-lake_and_garden.jpg  

Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip-atv_quad_biking_at_grange-resorts.jpg  

bvenkysubbu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 16:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvenkysubbu View Post
Visits: Shervaroyan Temple, Lake, Boathouse, Deer park, Pagoda Point, Ladies Seat point, Children's Seat Point, Gents Seat point, Skywalk in Hotel GRT Nature Trails, ATV quad biking at Grange resorts
Nice write up and good pics!
I think you missed Killiyur falls.
I have heard of Ladies Seat point but not Children's Seat Point and Gents Seat point. Are they in the same spot or in different places?

ATV quad biking at Grange resorts, do they allow outsiders or is it for only who stay in Grange resort? I have already booked in shevroys so just thought of checking with you about this.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Nice write up and good pics!
I think you missed Killiyur falls.
I have heard of Ladies Seat point but not Children's Seat Point and Gents Seat point. Are they in the same spot or in different places?

ATV quad biking at Grange resorts, do they allow outsiders or is it for only who stay in Grange resort? I have already booked in shevroys so just thought of checking with you about this.
Hi arun_josie,

When I visited, the path to Kiliyur falls was a little difficult and slippery for a trek. Hence, had to skip it. The Gents Seat, Ladies Seat and Childrens Seat are nearby, just a climb up.

ATV Quad biking is allowed for everyone even those not staying in Grange Resorts.

Yercaud is a good place to visit. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Venkat
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:10   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi arun_josie,

When I visited, the path to Kiliyur falls was a little difficult and slippery for a trek. Hence, had to skip it. The Gents Seat, Ladies Seat and Childrens Seat are nearby, just a climb up.

ATV Quad biking is allowed for everyone even those not staying in Grange Resorts.

Yercaud is a good place to visit. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Venkat
I am back after the trip to Yercaud and yes we enjoyed it. But missed the Skywalk in GRT as it was raining heavily. There is also a view point in Manjakuttai which was nice. Stay at shevaroys was also good. We didn't get time to try ATV Quad biking.
Old 11th July 2012, 14:12   #5

Quote:
I am back after the trip to Yercaud and yes we enjoyed it. But missed the Skywalk in GRT as it was raining heavily. There is also a view point in Manjakuttai which was nice. Stay at shevaroys was also good. We didn't get time to try ATV Quad biking.

Hi Arun

If you are planning to re-visit Yercaud again, try this route :

Anna Park Junction --> Raja Rajeshwary Temple --> Nagalur --> Cauvery Peak --> Anna Park Junction.

Roughly this circle covers 30 kms disance, it will be really pleasant and you will definitely feel much relaxed when you return back to your cottage.

Regards

Arun Natarajan
viju_bubli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 15:04   #6
BHPian

How was the experiemce on the ATV bike ride? What is the cost? Do you recommend that for others going to Yercaud?

I had been to Yercaud 3 years back and stayed in the Club Mahindra property - nice quaint place near the lake. How was Grange resorts and what is the tariff?
Old 16th July 2012, 14:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Route: Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-
Superb and enjoyable trip. Yercaud is a very small hill station town.
Nice report with details. Please do let us know what the tariffs were at the Grange resorts? Did you experience delays at the toll booths too? There were long queues when I returned from my Chennai trip yesterday.

Quote:
Stay at shevaroys was also good. We didn't get time to try ATV Quad biking.
We stayed at the Grand Palace a couple of years ago. Anyone tried it recently? Would appreciate any information about the current tariffs for a weekend trip. I'm guessing the rates should not be as high as during Dasara, etc. Also is it a good idea travel up the hills at night?
Old 16th July 2012, 17:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Nice report with details. Please do let us know what the tariffs were at the Grange resorts?
========
Also is it a good idea travel up the hills at night?
Hi CBlazer,

Nearly a year before, we paid 4276 rupees for 2 nights for a couple's cottage. No delays experienced at toll booths.

Venkat
Old 5th June 2013, 20:15   #9
BHPian

Read your travelogue, nice write-up. Am planning for Yercaud this weekend, will post my experience once done. Thanks Venkat!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks