Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2013, 23:23   #121
Senior - BHPian

Some reprocessed photos

Am sharing some photos that have been re-processed. Since I picked up a little bit of skill in post processing in the recent past, these photos would have a different look and feel. The original photos in this thread were processed as is, or tweaked using Picasa (pretty raw, if you ask me now ), and don't do justice to some of the scenes as I saw them.

I have a few more coming. Have been looking at the photos I shot with a fresh perspective. Hope you folks like them.

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-barasinghas.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-mahua2.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-peeping2.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-owl2.jpg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-peacock2.jpg
nilanjanray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 18:31   #122
Senior - BHPian

Wow. The peacock picture is awesome!

Great eye, as always.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 22:08   #123
BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortune

I liked the one with the fawn. Looks like it had some special lighting setup when you shot that photo. Awesome! It posed for you actually!
Old 23rd May 2014, 22:43   #124
Senior - BHPian

Kanha meadows, B&W

Visiting Kanha again soon. Was looking at old photos.

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_6761.jpeg
Old 24th May 2014, 11:37   #125
BHPian

Superb.. Beautiful breath taking pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 25th June 2014, 09:47   #126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Superb.. Beautiful breath taking pictures!
Thank you. Back from a Kanha trip. Here are a couple of photos:
Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_1945v2_small.jpeg

Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner-dsc_1889bw_small.jpeg
nilanjanray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:15   #127
BHPian

[quote=nilanjanray;3462871]Thank you. Back from a Kanha trip. QUOTE]

Planning a trip to the center of India in December. Would love to get some great ideas from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 12th December 2015, 13:37   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Thank you. Back from a Kanha trip. Here are a couple of photos
Hello Nilanjan,

We have our bookings done at MPTDC, near Touria gate from 31-Dec to 2-Jan, from the different gates at Pench I see that there are two more apart from Touria viz. Jhamtara and Karmajhiri.

Can you please advise how far are these 2 gates from Touria. Reason being we are not getting any safari bookings online :( at least together; we are a big group of 11.
I have been trying to book online but to no avail.

My last option would be Sillari Gate (the MH version of Pench) not sure how that is and also they don't have safari vehicles and we need to take our own along with a guide. Have you been to the MH side of Pench, please help.

Cheers,
Salil

Thanks a ton!
Old 13th December 2015, 13:34   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Hello Nilanjan,

We have our bookings done at MPTDC, near Touria gate from 31-Dec to 2-Jan, from the different gates at Pench I see that there are two more apart from Touria viz. Jhamtara and Karmajhiri.

Can you please advise how far are these 2 gates from Touria. Reason being we are not getting any safari bookings online :( at least together; we are a big group of 11.
I have been trying to book online but to no avail.

My last option would be Sillari Gate (the MH version of Pench) not sure how that is and also they don't have safari vehicles and we need to take our own along with a guide. Have you been to the MH side of Pench, please help.

Cheers,
Salil

Thanks a ton!
I have no idea, I have done safaris only through Turia gate. Best would be to call up MPTDC and ask, they would be able to guide you.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 14:00   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I have no idea, I have done safaris only through Turia gate. Best would be to call up MPTDC and ask, they would be able to guide you.
Thanks Nilanjan,

Actually I did try with the MPTDC fellas but wasn't quite helpful.
Anyways, while I posted it here on TBHP, I was also trying to find out through other sources.
Happened to find one of my good friends in Kanha right now, got some good tips.

So Jhamtara gate is approximately 60-70 KMs away from Turia gate cancelled the tickets right away.
On the Maharashtra side Sillari gate is nothing great.
But close to the Turia gate ~8Kms away is Kausapar gate which is pretty good, I have booked safaris (whatever was available)- caveat being we have to manage our own vehicles.

Cheers!
Salil
Old 30th September 2016, 13:16   #131
BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner

Even though I am a newbie here but I was following team-bhp since 2012 and I love our travelogue section the most. I am a big fan of bhpians like 'Stryker', 'Nilanjanray' and 'abheekg' because of their love for forest and wild life. Went through all the forest travelogues by Nilanjanray and I enjoy reading each one of them multiple times. In my opinion, quality of all the pictures are so good not only because of camera gears however also because of the passion and love for forest/wild life carried out by - 'Nilanjanray'.

I am following our Indian forests since last 10 years and every time I visit a forest, I feel very excited and young. The landscapes and the surrounding luxurious meadows along with the wooded strands and the dense maroons of forests offer magnanimous sightseeing experiences for the nature lovers. I am fortunate to visit some of our national parks like Bandipur, Periyar, Nagarhole, Pench, Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Tadoba, Ranthambore and Kaziranga multiple times and I enjoy the nature and wild life there. My little one who is just 4 years old, already visited few of these NPs multiple times with me and he enjoyed the visits fully. I am again visiting Pench-Kanha-Bandhavgarh during 2017 April and I am going to share my experience here, that might be my 1st travelogue.
dghosh80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 12:49   #132
BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: A 3500 km roadtrip to Pench, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in a Fortuner

anyone drove down to Pench recently from HYD? Can you please let me know -
1) how long did it take?
2) what route did you follow?
3) what was the condition?

kindly write back asap. I am driving down this coming weekend and will appreciate all the inputs.
Old 7th October 2016, 16:37   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
anyone drove down to Pench recently from HYD? Can you please let me know -
1) how long did it take?
2) what route did you follow?
3) what was the condition?

kindly write back asap. I am driving down this coming weekend and will appreciate all the inputs.
Haven't driven till Pench but did the Hyd-NGP last month and it took me little less then 8 hours.

The Adilabad - Pandharkawada section and Pandharkawada - Hinganghat section was a little bad but you can still manage and average of 60.

Skip Nagpur altogether using the ring road would be my suggestion.
mangespat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 21:40   #134
BHPian

Hello Nilanjan,

I do have a query. I am visiting Pench-Kanha-Bandhavgarh during April-May timeframe and I will be driving from Bangalore with my family. I am planning to stay in MPTDC hotels/resorts in all these three places - is it fine? Also, I am going to follow the order like 1st visit Pench, 2nd Kanha and finally Bandhavgarh. Any suggestion on the order?

Regards,
Dwaipayan Ghosh
Old 14th December 2016, 23:22   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghosh80 View Post
Hello Nilanjan,

I do have a query. I am visiting Pench-Kanha-Bandhavgarh during April-May timeframe and I will be driving from Bangalore with my family. I am planning to stay in MPTDC hotels/resorts in all these three places - is it fine? Also, I am going to follow the order like 1st visit Pench, 2nd Kanha and finally Bandhavgarh. Any suggestion on the order?

Regards,
Dwaipayan Ghosh
I think order does not matter, just thinking what would be the criteria for setting up such an order of preference. All three places are stunning and beautiful.
MPTDC resorts are very well managed and are well situated, they even pack breakfast for you if you are going for morning safaris (they ask you every night). I would always prefer to stay at MPTDC

Cheers,
Trojan
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks