Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 19:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Let me start by mentioning that this is not a big travelogue but only an account of a short drive to a place called Hadshi. So needless to say it is going to be a short one with pictures thrown in to do the talking. So you might ask why create a thread then?? The only objective was to provide information about one more option that can be explored by the forum users to enjoy the rainy season in Pune with a scenic drive.

The place we visited yesterday evening in Hadshi was a temple - Pandurang Kshetra. The entire area surrounding the temple is lush green at this time of the year and a very scenic place with mountains in the background. So even if you are not a religious person (i generally avoid visiting temples) there is a lot of natural beauty all around.

We left our home at 3 PM and were back by 7 PM. But i believe it can be converted to a one day trip as well by visiting the backwaters as well as a fort nearby.

Location: Hadshi Temple is located about 38 Kms from Chandni Chowk. The route is via Pirangut > Paud > Hadshi.

Once you reach the Paud Bus Depot take a right turn adjoining the depot and proceed straight.

Road Condition: The road till Paud is good with occasional traffic jams because of couple of narrow stretches. The last 12 Kms of the drive from Paud Bus Depot till Hadshi is a bumpy ride to say the least. It is a narrow road with just about enough space for two cars to cross. So not a very enjoyable ride. But the lush greenery around you can be enjoyed (not by you but by the fellow passengers).
The temple is located at the top of the hill and there is a winding road (very short drive) that goes to the top with 4-5 sharp turns.

Parking: There is adequate parking for about 25-30 vehicles in the temple complex.

For the foodies after you visit the temple have a nice cup of hot tea with Onion Pakodas in the temple canteen. This was the best part of the trip for me

Now would only put in snaps to show the place.

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1968.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1971.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1972.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1973.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1980.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1981.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1985.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1987.jpg
amitwlele is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 19:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Amit,

Fantastic pics esp the second one. Can you let me know the route I would have to take from Sinhagad road.
Old 20th June 2011, 19:49   #3
BHPian

Serene place, beautiful temple and excellent snaps. Being in Pune, I was not aware of this place. Will visit one of the weekends. Thanks for the information.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Amit,

Fantastic pictures. The third one looks like a picture post card capturing the mood of monsoons. Thanks for sharing.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 22:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Let me start by mentioning that this is not a big travelogue but only an account of a short drive to a place called Hadshi. So needless to say it is going to be a short one with pictures thrown in to do the talking. So you might ask why create a thread then?? The only objective was to provide information about one more option that can be explored by the forum users to enjoy the rainy season in Pune with a scenic drive.

The place we visited yesterday evening in Hadshi was a temple - Pandurang Kshetra. The entire area surrounding the temple is lush green at this time of the year and a very scenic place with mountains in the background. So even if you are not a religious person (i generally avoid visiting temples) there is a lot of natural beauty all around.

We left our home at 3 PM and were back by 7 PM. But i believe it can be converted to a one day trip as well by visiting the backwaters as well as a fort nearby.

Location: Hadshi Temple is located about 38 Kms from Chandni Chowk. The route is via Pirangut > Paud > Hadshi.

Once you reach the Paud Bus Depot take a right turn adjoining the depot and proceed straight.

Road Condition: The road till Paud is good with occasional traffic jams because of couple of narrow stretches. The last 12 Kms of the drive from Paud Bus Depot till Hadshi is a bumpy ride to say the least. It is a narrow road with just about enough space for two cars to cross. So not a very enjoyable ride. But the lush greenery around you can be enjoyed (not by you but by the fellow passengers).
The temple is located at the top of the hill and there is a winding road (very short drive) that goes to the top with 4-5 sharp turns.

Parking: There is adequate parking for about 25-30 vehicles in the temple complex.

For the foodies after you visit the temple have a nice cup of hot tea with Onion Pakodas in the temple canteen. This was the best part of the trip for me

Now would only put in snaps to show the place.

Attachment 563320

Attachment 563321

Attachment 563322

Attachment 563323

Attachment 563324

Attachment 563325

Attachment 563326

Attachment 563327
Amit ji, lets have a meet at this temple , this place looks so peaceful reminds me of Rishikesh, and its line of temples on the banks of GANGA.
Please invite all mumbaikars also , If there is a meet here I'M IN please.
concider my name in the list as first one....Regards.
Old 21st June 2011, 06:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wow, beautiful pictures and beautiful temple, i think we missed visiting this temple while staying in Pune. Next time i am there this would be surely in the itinerary.
Old 21st June 2011, 07:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Amit,

Fantastic pics esp the second one. Can you let me know the route I would have to take from Sinhagad road.
Thanks Ghodlur. From Sinhagad Road you can join the Mumbai-Bangalore highway towards Mumbai. Once you reach Chandni Chowk you can exit the highway and take the road uphill that go towards Pirangut (Paud Road). It is a toll road. Keep going straight on this road till you reach Paud Bus Depot at your right (around 26 KMS). On reaching Paud Bus Depot take the immediate right to proceed to Hadshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Amit ji, lets have a meet at this temple , this place looks so peaceful reminds me of Rishikesh, and its line of temples on the banks of GANGA.
Please invite all mumbaikars also , If there is a meet here I'M IN please.
concider my name in the list as first one....Regards.
Yes sir. It is a very calm and serene place. I have not been to Rishikesh so cannot compare. But all i can say is it gives complete peace of mind. This coming from a person who avoids going to temples because of the crowd.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures,this must easily fall in the category of the cleanest and most well maintained temples in Maharashtra if not in the country.The clouds add to the mystic charm.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Amit, lovely pictures.
The place sure is serene and calm. What got my attention, was the cleanliness at the temple. Such a clean place is hard to find in Pune or the surroundings.

The 3rd pic is the best of the lot. Dont mind me downloading that pic, i suppose .

Thanks for sharing man!
Old 21st June 2011, 15:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Lovely pictures,this must easily fall in the category of the cleanest and most well maintained temples in Maharashtra if not in the country.The clouds add to the mystic charm.
I totally agree. The reason i do not visit temples is because of the unclean environment all around. This is the only temple so far i have found which was spic and span. Not that i have visited a lot many temples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The 3rd pic is the best of the lot. Dont mind me downloading that pic, i suppose .

Thanks for sharing man!
I am honoured. Somebody downloading pic shot from my Canon Digital Camera with 5.x zoom
Old 21st June 2011, 15:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Great place and pics Amit! Is this on the route from Paud towards Maval Srushti?

Quote:
Thanks Ghodlur. From Sinhagad Road you can join the Mumbai-Bangalore highway towards Mumbai. Once you reach Chandni Chowk you can exit the highway and take the road uphill that go towards Pirangut (Paud Road). It is a toll road. Keep going straight on this road till you reach Paud Bus Depot at your right (around 26 KMS). On reaching Paud Bus Depot take the immediate right to proceed to Hadshi.
I think the last I heard about the toll naka was that it was illegal. I have tried successfully to test their patience by barging through without paying toll. I would like to test it again I guess! Its not the money (18 bucks), just the sheer satisfaction of not encouraging this illegal activity
Old 21st June 2011, 16:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir. It is a very calm and serene place. I have not been to Rishikesh so cannot compare. But all i can say is it gives complete peace of mind. This coming from a person who avoids going to temples because of the crowd.
I say we have the initial Pune meet here. It is so serene. We can also have a photo shoot of our rides.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Great place and pics Amit! Is this on the route from Paud towards Maval Srushti?

I don't think Maval Shrushti is on this route. I had been there about 5 years back so don't remember properly. But it is on the way to Girivan resort.
Old 21st June 2011, 17:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Maval Shrushti is on this route. I had been there about 5 years back so don't remember properly. But it is on the way to Girivan resort.
IIRC, Maval Srushti & Girivan are neighbours.

Nevertheless, you mentioned that the last 12 kms were bumpy. Do you think there would nay problems for cars with low GC?
Old 21st June 2011, 17:56   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Great report, amit! It's not just "long travelogues" we come here for, don't worry!

This is now on my list of weekend day trips when parents visit. Last time we had done Dehu-Alandi and it was wonderful- for them and me! Thanks for the tip.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks