Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 14:23   #16
BHPian

re: Visit to French Village - a touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update

Nice Travelogue- short and crisp. Spotting of i-30 was interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Any more pictures of Alps to come ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
On seeing the 2C it was shocking! Literally a mess, no queue for entering the security check in area. It was literally an unruly crowd with the 'survival of the fittest' going first. i guess not seen this in India! Wondered if this terminal is earmarked for Asian flights since it stands out in being chaotic compare to the rest of them.
The chaos at 2C is very surprising. Probably it could be a just one bad day.

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 12th July 2011 at 14:24.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:28   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Visit to French Village - a touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update

Nope. There were a bit more but in a place of wine and champagne it is
difficult to post pics without them being in the picture .

Cheers!
Old 27th November 2014, 21:29   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

November 2014

Never really like to travel to the west during winter, not due to snow or cold but having in past experienced heavy snow and shutdown of airports is something you would like to forget.
But things dont go normally your way and am on a trip on business to France, but since it is just November the weather could be mild.

So on a chilly wet morning reached CDG- Paris , not bad for temperatures were hovering in the 9 to 10 deg C band.
CDG airport is another story, always seem different with changes and renovation and normally need to keep atlaest an hour in case you are in transit.

CDG- Paris
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-1.jpg

By Road - Lyon
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-2.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-2.1.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-3.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-3.1.jpg

French Breakfast - Bread, cakes and pasteries mostly sweet
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-4.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-20141119_062951.jpg

End of fall and winter begins- Nature signs
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-5.1.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-5.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-7.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 12:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

More observations on road,

Most as expected are the French ( more Peugeot then Renault ) and the next is the German ones ( Ausi, BMW, VW-Golf in particiular)
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-13.jpg

Snow capped Alps,
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-11.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-12.jpg

Typical French Village street,

Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-10.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-9.jpg
Visit to French Village - a  touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Update-8.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:09   #20
BHPian

Re: Visit to French Village - a touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Upda

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
.On seeing the 2C it was shocking! Literally a mess, no queue for entering the security check in area. It was literally an unruly crowd with the 'survival of the fittest' going first. i guess not seen this in India!
So, after more than 5 years, this terminal has not yet improved. I too felt the same thing.

Off topic: I was travelling back from London with some other company's employees and they were all formal and polite till we reached Terminal 2C in CDG. Once there, they no more held doors open, or no longer allowed me to go first, stopped thank yous and pleases.
Finally when we landed in Bangalore, I spoke to one of them and said, why cant you behave like you behaved in europe and be more respectful of others? His response killed me. "This is India. Its the way we do things in India. Swalpa adjust maadi" (please adjust a little).
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Visit to French Village - a touch of a BHPian's view - Edit - November 2014 Upda

@Volkman

Well written travelogue with some good snaps!!

Quite surprised to see the i30 speedo calibration in kmph rather than the mph that we associate with EU countries.

Most Viewed