Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Manipal

Thanks for sharing But I am still not fully convinced, first this case is primarily true for Rainy days, second with most of the city driving this would not be an issue.

Also from a pure wear & tear perspective the new tire at front is still correct.

May be if someone is planning to do a long highway drive during monsoons, new tires at rear would make more sense.
Old 19th May 2014, 11:37   #17
BHPian

Hello All
Querying on this thread since I could not find another one relating to Hyderabd - Manipal route
Google suggests - Bangalore HWY to Mahbub ngr, Raichur, Adoni, Bellary (I would prefer getting to Gooty on BLR HWY taking a diversion to Bellary), Chitradurga, Shimoga, Thirthahalli, Manipal
Someone known to me suggested (he has not taken the route) - Raichur, Gangavathi, Hospet, Harihar, Shimoga and Manipal
I do not mind travelling a few extra kms as long as there are good roads and good eateries. Have kids and I dont want to take a chance
Also, can I please seek some suggestions on a place to stay enroute so that I can take a break instead of gunning all way thru ? (Have done this before, do not want to take a chance since I have enough time)
Old 19th May 2014, 13:04   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
Google suggests - Bangalore HWY to Mahbub ngr, Raichur, Adoni, Bellary (I would prefer getting to Gooty on BLR HWY taking a diversion to Bellary), Chitradurga, Shimoga, Thirthahalli, Manipal
Someone known to me suggested (he has not taken the route) - Raichur, Gangavathi, Hospet, Harihar, Shimoga and Manipal
I think Raichur is a better option.

Hyderabad-Raichur-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Hospet-Chitradurga-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Agumbe-Someshwar-Hebri-Manipal.
Old 19th May 2014, 13:45   #19
BHPian

Thanks ampere

I shall be doing this route during the first week of June. Open to alternate suggestions and/or updates on the route until then.

I shall update route conditions enroute.
Old 30th May 2014, 12:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think Raichur is a better option.

Hyderabad-Raichur-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Hospet-Chitradurga-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Agumbe-Someshwar-Hebri-Manipal.
Hi ampere

I will be travelling tomorrow with my better half and kids. Are there some clean and good restaurants / dhabas enroute? How do you think I should plan my journey with respect to breakfast and lunch breaks?
I did some research and I thought it would be good to start from Hyd around 6AM, that way I should reach Mahbub ngr for breakfast and Hospet for lunch.
I am guessing I should reach Shimoga in 12 hrs - not sure if that is a good assumption.
Any pointers for me please?
Old 30th May 2014, 13:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi ampere

I will be travelling tomorrow with my better half and kids. Are there some clean and good restaurants / dhabas enroute? How do you think I should plan my journey with respect to breakfast and lunch breaks?
I did some research and I thought it would be good to start from Hyd around 6AM, that way I should reach Mahbub ngr for breakfast and Hospet for lunch.
I am guessing I should reach Shimoga in 12 hrs - not sure if that is a good assumption.
Any pointers for me please?
Not sure about timings Ashwin, but here are a list of hotels:

Raichur : No Idea. Check with Hyd-Bangalore or Hyd-Goa regulars. (Mobilke008)
Chitradurga : Naveen Regency
Shimoga : Jewel Rock, Royal Orchid (near bus stand)

Beyond Shimoga I did not see a hotel in Thirthahalli. And there on Agumbe/Someshwar/Hebri there are few road side hotels.
Old 28th September 2014, 11:34   #22
BHPian

Hi,

Sorry for bringing this 3 year old thread back to life.

I plan to drive to Manipal (Chevy Cruze) in the first week of October and the route I've chose is Hyderabad-Kurnool-Gooty-Bellary(overnight stay)-Chitradurga-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Manipal.

I am aware of the road conditions till Gooty being a regular HYD-BLR highway but am concerned about the remaining part, would like to know if anybody has taken the route between Gooty to Manipal recently?

I've tried searching the net but haven't obtained any specific details on the road conditions for the second half of my drive.

Please share if you've had any recent experiences.
Old 28th September 2014, 12:27   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Torque View Post
I've tried searching the net but haven't obtained any specific details on the road conditions for the second half of my drive.
Kurnool-Bellary is not a good option. I would suggest Raichur-Hospet-Chitradurga-Shimoga. I think you can easily make it to Shimoga by end of the day. There is a Royal Orchid where you can stay for the night. Its a nice hotel.
Old 28th September 2014, 12:36   #24
BHPian

Thank you for your info,I am taking the Gooty-Bellary route which is NH 63(Goooty-Guntakal-Bellary), I hope this is a decent route.

My pet is also travelling with us and getting a hotel accommodation seems difficult and I am trying to find out if Royal Fort in Bellary are willing to check-in the pet.
Old 28th September 2014, 14:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your info,I am taking the Gooty-Bellary route which is NH 63(Goooty-Guntakal-Bellary), I hope this is a decent route.

My pet is also travelling with us and getting a hotel accommodation seems difficult and I am trying to find out if Royal Fort in Bellary are willing to check-in the pet.
Hi
I did Hyd -Manipal during the first week of June. I would suggest Mahboob nagar, Raichur, Gangavathi, Hospet. Once you bypass Hospet, take Shimoga-Harihar-Hospet road instead of going towards Chitradurga. This will be a breeze I bet. It took 13 hrs to reach Shimoga including 3 breaks lasting about 30 mins each. Hospet Chitradurga was real bad.
If you are looking for stay options with your pet, you could try one of the home stays. I could not take my pets as no hotels were willing to accommodate my dogs.
Safe journey.
Old 28th September 2014, 17:11   #26
BHPian

Ashwin,

Luckily the hotel in Bellary has agreed to check-in my pet along with us.

I had chosen the Bellary-Chitradurga route expecting the roads to be good because its an NH, the road as per my plan is to take the Bellary-Hiriyur road, drive around 60 kms to join NH13, which is the Solapur-Mangalore highway.

If am not wrong isn't the route via Raichur-Hospet-Gangavathi a state highway?
Old 28th September 2014, 18:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin,

Luckily the hotel in Bellary has agreed to check-in my pet along with us.

I had chosen the Bellary-Chitradurga route expecting the roads to be good because its an NH, the road as per my plan is to take the Bellary-Hiriyur road, drive around 60 kms to join NH13, which is the Solapur-Mangalore highway.

Yes it is an SH. What is the name of the hotel? Have safe trip
Old 28th September 2014, 18:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Raichur-Gangavathi-Hospet is a state highway.
It is in good condition.
There are patches of roads that are uneven but no major potholes.
You can manage 80-100kmph.
Nearing small towns slow down for speedbreakers
Old 28th September 2014, 20:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is an SH. What is the name of the hotel? Have safe trip
Hotel Royal Fort Bellary, I suggest you book through Make My Trip because they declined a pet check-in when I called them directly.

Last edited by High Torque : 28th September 2014 at 20:28.
Old 28th September 2014, 20:32   #30
BHPian

Ashwin & Gajadonga,

Thank you for your information, now that I have a hotel confirmation and can take my pet along please help me with road conditions on NH 13 between Bellary-Shimoga.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks