Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 19:39   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: When I Went Walking To Tibet - Kailash Mansarovar Yatra-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbu64 View Post
Blood sugar level-Fasting and Non Fasting
Blood pressure level-Low and High
Thanks bubbu, that was what I was going for too...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj View Post
Hi,
You need to do all the medical test suggested in the document in any of the health center, and need to submit all the reports with the application,
there is FAQ in the MEA site and it is given there, following is the link,
http://www.mea.gov.in/staticfile/kailash/kmy-faq.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards
Manoj
...this is what I saw next and then got to wondering. Once I shoot the application in, its done :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
This has been added from this year itself. Till last year there was no need to submit any medical reports with the application.

But I guess looking at the application it has to be blood sugar and BP report as that is the first thing that the ITBP will check.

But still, just to confirm, kindly call the MEA and speak to Attache' (China). They are pretty helpfull on the phone
011-23014900
011-23016559

Or you could mail them at

kmyatra@mea.gov.in
sochina@mea.gov.in

Also just a note, when you sending the application (preferably by speed post), please send a self addressed post card which they will stamp and send back as confirmation of reciept.

And let us know if you are selected

Good luck
Thanks a bunch for this information! So, these details have become an inclusion only from this year! So yatri's from last year wouldn't know much. I'll give these guys a call tomorrow and get an answer. Will post back too.

Yes, will do the self addressed post card thing for sure. You'll know if I'm selected if a new thread about Kailash is opened somewhere during the middle of this year
Old 31st January 2012, 10:36   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay, just spoke to the folks over at the MEA.

Blood sugar and blood pressure test certified by the doctor has got to be submitted. In addition, a doctor's certificate mentioning you are hale and hearty to do the trip is also something that can be attached (better safe than sorry). A format of a medical certificate that can be issued by your doc can be found on this link at the bottom: Medical Form(HYIndia) - Kailash Manasarovar & Dhyan Yatra Sojourns

I've also attached a version in word here, if anybody might find it useful.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Medical Fitness Certificate.docx (74.7 KB, 683 views)

Last edited by Red Liner : 31st January 2012 at 11:02.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:37   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Follow on update:

I got a message from the KMY Facebook page when I posted my question there:

KMY-2012: An applicant is advised to undergo medical
tests for the following: (i) TMT (Tread Mill Stress Test), (ii) Blood Pressure, and (iii) Blood Sugar levels for both Fasting and Non-
Fasting conditions, in order to prejudge his/her fitness for the KMY-2012. These results be submitted with the KMY application.

Therefore, I went in and got my TMT done today for INR 1,000.
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:31   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Follow on update:

I got a message from the KMY Facebook page when I posted my question there:

KMY-2012: An applicant is advised to undergo medical
tests for the following: (i) TMT (Tread Mill Stress Test), (ii) Blood Pressure, and (iii) Blood Sugar levels for both Fasting and Non-
Fasting conditions, in order to prejudge his/her fitness for the KMY-2012. These results be submitted with the KMY application.

Therefore, I went in and got my TMT done today for INR 1,000.
Yeah better to be safe than to be sorry. I am glad you got your TMT done. More than anything, atleast you know your body and know where you stand.

Also another important test, who's results the ITBP always checks diligently is the Pulmonary Function Test (PFT). This test is where you blow in and blow out in a pipe.

Might as well get that also done when you at it.

regards
Old 22nd March 2012, 21:48   #155
Joy
BHPian

Sorry to reply late than never. This is an epic travelogue, nope encyclopedia to KMY.

Deky, you are an amazing writer. Very gripping and vivid on narration, as if we are travelling with you and believe me, I virtually completed the KMY with you.

Once again, thanks for putting this epic up.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:35   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah better to be safe than to be sorry. I am glad you got your TMT done. More than anything, atleast you know your body and know where you stand.

Also another important test, who's results the ITBP always checks diligently is the Pulmonary Function Test (PFT). This test is where you blow in and blow out in a pipe.

Might as well get that also done when you at it.

regards
Deky,

When are the results of the selection process announced? The website says you'll know if you're selected 3-4 weeks prior to departure. Thats a little crazy

And where can we check our status?

Edit: Just found this site http://kmyatra.webstarts.com/ opening after banging on the refresh option a few times. The "status" section's got some icon of a guy digging. Must be a "men at work" sign.

Edit 2: Ack, and just found that the draws will be held in the 1st week of April.

Last edited by Red Liner : 30th March 2012 at 17:41.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

^^ You will come to know of it from local news papers and TV reports. Usually Hindi Channels.

After that, you can visit the website and type your PP No. and it will show the result. Basically the time is less for the first 2 batches, rest are ok.

regards
Old 19th June 2012, 02:05   #158

This is great stuff. Got goose bumps checking out those photographs.
nikhil_9791 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 10:50   #159
BHPian

Even I am planning from long time for this - Thanks for detailed info, surely it will be helpful for all.
S1FIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 00:02   #160
BHPian

Quote:
^^ You will come to know of it from local news papers and TV reports. Usually Hindi Channels.

After that, you can visit the website and type your PP No. and it will show the result. Basically the time is less for the first 2 batches, rest are ok.

regards
Very very few threads have narration and photography in equally brilliant measure. You, Sir, are an inspiration.. you have done things I can only dream of. Thank you for enlightening me.
VedderTheFixer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 11:22   #161
BHPian

Re: Day8: Gala To Budhi (21kms)

Wonderful Travelogue Deky!! I'm moved beyond words! Partly because there is a part of me somewhere in those mountain trails!

My Mama was a Part of the ill fated batch of 1998(Group of 5 Doctors from Mumbai)

Were camped at Dharchula, when my Mama's Son and others went by Helicopter to Malpa during Search and Rescue ops! Thanks for the Pic of Malpa, I can Feel his presence! Can you please msg me any more pics of Malpa that you would have! Would mean a lot to me!

Quote:
Indians can go upto Dharchula without any problems.

The excitement slowly finished and we were filled with grief as we reached malpa. Malpa is the site of the tragic landslide of 1998 where around 400 people including yatris lost their life. Original town is still covered under rocks. In earlier years Malpa would have been our halt for the night but after the landslide incident it was decided that yatris went ahead till Budhi. So Now Malpa was just a lunch point.

End Of Day8[/b]
Thanks again for sharing an Emotionally liberating trip!(it has silenced a few ghosts within me)
Old 1st April 2013, 16:10   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Wonderful Travelogue Deky!! I'm moved beyond words! Partly because there is a part of me somewhere in those mountain trails!

My Mama was a Part of the ill fated batch of 1998(Group of 5 Doctors from Mumbai)

Were camped at Dharchula, when my Mama's Son and others went by Helicopter to Malpa during Search and Rescue ops! Thanks for the Pic of Malpa, I can Feel his presence! Can you please msg me any more pics of Malpa that you would have! Would mean a lot to me!

Thanks again for sharing an Emotionally liberating trip!(it has silenced a few ghosts within me)
Yes it was pretty tragic and I am really sorry to learn about your loss!!

Unfortunately I do not have any more pics of Malpa, just these that I have posted. Sorry!!!

Regards
deky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 17:35   #163
BHPian

This should be one of the finest travelogues I have read, amazing photographs.
As mentioned by many members, this might be the closest I can come to Kailash.
I think we should sponsor you for the next to get such visual treat.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 1st April 2013 at 17:37.
Old 1st April 2013, 22:29   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was pretty tragic and I am really sorry to learn about your loss!!

Unfortunately I do not have any more pics of Malpa, just these that I have posted. Sorry!!!

Regards
Thanks for replying Dheeraj! I know you would understand the spectrum of emotions better than anyone!

But I have to mention, there is something in the terrain of that region, which is just mystical, Magical & intriguing at the sametime!

Truly thank you for the fantastic journey(I feel As if I've been a co-passenger)!
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 02:39   #165

One word, respect..
Excellent travelogue, inspirational journey and master story telling.
I took the liberty of sharing this thread with few of my friends who are not on Team-Bhp (hope that’s alright). All my friends were speechless.

I wish one day I will have strength, fitness and opportunity to do this myself. But even before thinking about that I will have to be fit from my current physical status FAT
ArchitectIT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks