Team-BHP - Pune outing - Hadshi Temple
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Pune outing - Hadshi Temple (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/106787-pune-outing-hadshi-temple.html)

Pune outing – Hadshi temple
This is perfect destination in monsoon.
Distance: Around 50 Km from chandani chowk pune
Route: Pune-chandani chowk-bhugaon-pirangute-Paud-Take right turn towards Kolvan/lonavale/pavana from paud
From Paud it is around 15 kms
Road: From Pune to Paud road is good but from Paud to Hadshi, it’s not so good but can manage 30-40 km speed
Time: 1 hour to 1:30 hrs including break
If you have time then after hadshi , you can go ahead to lonavale via pavana dam, tikona fort and came to pune by expressway.
You can also go ahead some 20-25 kms till pavana dam and from there via kamshet and old Mumbai-pune highway, can returned to pune so it is perfect circle of
Pune-paud-hadshi-pavana/tikona fort/lohagad fort/lonavale-kamshet-highway-Pune back.
I did the same , after hadshi I went to pavana dam and from pavana came to pune via somatane,old highway. Left from chandani chowk at 11 am and came back by 6 pm .
About hadshi:
Temple is located on the hill and all vehicles need to climb the small ghat section of 4-5 kms to reach at top. The ghat road is in good condition with 2-3 hairpin bends, vehicles can go up to parking area of temple and from there it is hardly any steps to climb.
Small restaurant is there which serves good quality snacks like pohe, upma, shira etc at reasonable price. There are two temples, one is of ganpati and other main temple is of Vitthal-Rukhmini (Pandurang)
This temple is inaugurated some years back by sri satya saibaba of putthparthi.
The temple is very well maintained, clean and with huge green garden with all basic facilities like toilets, restaurant, parking, everything is well mainteained and in very good condition, and most important its not at all crowed. Entire surrounding so calm and cool and beautiful that you will definitely love this place.
Photos will speak more than words, so better I stop typing now and show you actual photos. Last 3-4 photos are of pavana dam water, tikona fort and way to pavana from hadshi.

How is the road from Kamshet to Pavana? I'm thinking of a drive on the old highway and top it off with a visit to Pavana.

Very nice photos indeed. This surely seems to be a good place for one day trip !!
Thanks for sharing

Hi Sandeep,
Please suggest a few other nearby places for weekend drives (during new car run in period)

Quote:

Originally Posted by freak1201 (Post 2486549)
Hi Sandeep,
Please suggest a few other nearby places for weekend drives (during new car run in period)

Visit
sites.google.com/site/weekendtravelplans
placesnearpune.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 2486475)
How is the road from Kamshet to Pavana?

I came via shivane,somathane gaon, somtane phata, old higjway. This is more interior , but kamshet raod should be definetely better this this route.
This was not so good and can manage 30-40 kmph speed max.

Hey Sandeep,
Beautiful place and fantastic snaps. Monsoon indeed seems like the best season to visit the place. Thanks for sharing.

PS : From Mumbai, via expressway one should get off at Lonavala/Kusgaon or directly at Pune?

if you plan to go to Pavana from Kamshet, you can visit Bedse caves also on the way. Just that the 2.5 kms stretch from the main road to the base village is not so good.

Hi Sandeep,
I had bookmarked this thread. The trip finally materialized this weekend. The distance of 56kms one way from Viman Nagar (via Range Hills, Pashan, Chandan Chowk, Paud) took 1hr 30mts.

The road from Paud to Kolvan is also in good condition. Only the last 3kms is not in so good condition but motorable. As mentioned by you, we did get Pakodas and also had lunch at the dining hall.

Though we went in Feb, but are planning to visit again in Monsoon.

Thanks once again for sharing your travel experience.

I went there today. This is a terrific place for one day outing.
The drive was very scenic, I could hardly keep my eyes on road!

I am glad I took Nano since roads in some sections were not that well.

I went via Hinjewadi Ph3 > Kolvan > Hadshi.
The road from Paud to Lonavala is a must do in rains, since its not crowded like tamhini ghat these days.

Also visited Sant Darshan in hadshi which showcases Saints of Maharashtra. It is well maintained and totally worth a visit.:thumbs up

After this went ahead till Pawna lake and returned back to Pune via shivane,somathane gaon, somtane phata, old highway.
This return route is not recommended since roads are pathetic, its better to go via Kamshet.

Total distance to and fro was 98 kms from Wakad.

Was a superb trip since it was drizzling all the time.