Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 09:54   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Wifey : Yes honey, It's your Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Me : Oh! Completely forgot about it. Thanks but you gave me a scare...
, deep into photography, you lost track of your birthday
rkbharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 09:58   #497
Senior - BHPian

Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
, deep into photography, you lost track of your birthday

Sir, there were a lot to process in my brain. The lot of breakfast and dinner discussions about our uncertainties - made me only look for information when to move forward. But I must confess by now, I've lost track of which day or date it was!!
Old 17th October 2011, 10:00   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sir, there were a lot to process in my brain. The lot of breakfast and dinner discussions about our uncertainties - made me only look for information when to move forward. But I must confess by now, I've lost track of which day or date it was!!
Sorry for OT, but your stars were good that day as it was not your wife's birthday or not your anniversary.

OR you would have got a simple "COME BACK HOME OR ELSE" call
Old 17th October 2011, 10:05   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Sorry for OT, but your stars were good that day as it was not your wife's birthday or not your anniversary.

OR you would have got a simple "COME BACK HOME OR ELSE" call

Sir thankfully it was not the case!!
Old 17th October 2011, 10:08   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]Day 08
19th August 2011
Kaaza - Langza - Komic - Hikkim - Kaaza

Wifey : Yes honey, It's your Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Me : Oh! Completely forgot about it. Thanks but you gave me a scare...

Yes! Happy Birthday to me! Stuck at Kaaza, on an expedition, whiling away the time, uncertainties forward - I do not know what to think. Stay positive my mind said. Yeah!! Stay Positive.

So with a complex thought and feeling in my mind, on my birthday I go to the highest village in the world.

Hey! You got to go to the highest village in the world on your birthday? Lucky guy! - The ego systems started working. Probably cheered me up too!!
Belated Happy Birthday, Lalu.
I wish we had known at that time - we could have extracted the evening dinner out of your purse!!!
Old 17th October 2011, 10:12   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Belated Happy Birthday, Lalu.
I wish we had known at that time - we could have extracted the evening dinner out of your purse!!!
Thank You Sir.
But I have told you and the team.

But you had many issues to tackle, and extracting an evening dinner from me would have been the last in your list
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 10:32   #502
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

We reached Langza for the second time.
The first being the previous night's drive!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3288.jpg

We see a statue of Buddha overlooking the village
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3245.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3265.jpg

Langza Village
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3250edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3253edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3277.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3292edit.jpg

Beautiful!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3279.jpg

They seems to cultivate Peas everywhere
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3283.jpg

NJ and TS at Langza
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3286.jpg

The views of the mountain ranges
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3300edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3317edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3340edit.jpg

After spending some time we move towards Komik

continued...
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 10:40   #503
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

We move on
Name:  DSC_3347.jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  141.4 KB

Beautiful views
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3370edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3383.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3389edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3396edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3414.jpg

A village - Hikkim?
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3419.jpg

We park
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3385.jpg

NJ enjoying the mountains
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3393.jpg

continued...
Old 17th October 2011, 10:43   #504
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

It's Yak time guys!! The Stylish Lone Yak of Langza!!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3360.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3353.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3354.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3373.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3374.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3375.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3376.jpg

continued....
Old 17th October 2011, 10:49   #505
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

TS is overwhelmed at what he saw around
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3425.jpg

TS in action
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3426.jpg

TS exults in happiness

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3428edit.jpg

The clouds seems to be rising from the ground!!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3437.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3447edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3454edit.jpg

Hikkim?
Name:  DSC_3463Edit.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  172.1 KB

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3439.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3443.jpg

We found the Lone Donkey of Langza too!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3459.jpg

continued...
Old 17th October 2011, 11:02   #506
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

We reached Komik by 16:30hrs
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3470.jpg

As expected we were greeted by the world's highest Dog. The Lone Dog of Komik
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3474.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3477.jpg

I love this photo! Look at the Lone Dog, he knows his position. He's a hero!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3480.jpg

First birthday gift : Being at Komic the highest motorable village in the world!

Some initiatives at Komik
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3489.jpg

Eco Tourism Resources
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3490.jpg

Hikkim Village
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3483edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3525edit.jpg

Discovery Bolero Photo shoots at the highest village
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3549edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3516edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3576edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3579edit.jpg

Another road to explore in the next expedition!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3595.jpg

continued...
Old 17th October 2011, 11:08   #507
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

Some pictured from Komik

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3502edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3546edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3552edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3558edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3537edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3519edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3543edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3573edit.jpg

By 17:00hrs we started our descend back to Kaaza via Hikkim

continued...
Old 17th October 2011, 11:20   #508
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

I was thinking about the fossils being available in Komic also. I was planning to check the stream bed for some. I was not able to get any last day in the hunt, though TS was quite lucky in getting some. I told my wish to NJ and JP. JP immediately asked NJ to stop and without getting out of the Bolero hands me this!!

Fossils
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9726.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9733.jpg

Name:  DSC_9728.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  98.0 KB

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_9734.jpg

Two boys had been waiting for us on the street and wanted to give us this. In return we gave them a Milky Bar. They were quite happy. It's unfortunate I don't have their pictures. It was raining and they were not on my side of the car.

My Second Birthday Gift : The Fossils

I was happy like a child who had got his long cherished dream come true. Little did I know then my third birthday gift is due soon.

My Third Birthday Gift! A double rainbow!
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3608edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3627edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3650edit.jpg

Can you see all the colors? VIBGYOR?
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3671.jpg

TS enjoying the natural wonder
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3672.jpg

We drove towards Hikkim
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3638edit.jpg

continued...
Old 17th October 2011, 11:28   #509
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

We reached Hikkim by 17:45 hrs
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3688.jpg

We found a family readying to transport Peas to the market

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3733.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3732.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3730.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3706.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3734.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3743.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3737.jpg

I like these pictures. Should I title them Hope?

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3740.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3742.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3751.jpg

continued...
Old 17th October 2011, 11:34   #510
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
19th August 2011

By 18:00hrs we moved on towards Kaaza.

We saw some Ibex
Name:  DSC_3771.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  239.4 KB

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3772.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3773.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3774.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3780.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3781.jpg

NJ goes for a closer picture, and they ran away!

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3787.jpg

Some views from there
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3804edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3807edit.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-dsc_3810edit.jpg

continued...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks