Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 14:16   #1
BHPian

Delhi-Hyderabad Road Trip

Hello guys. Myself and my friends did this road trip via Udaipur, Gujarat, Mumbai and Pune. Covered the distance in three days with stops at Udaipur, Lonavala. Took time to visit the Chittorgarh fort, Jagmandir Palace (Udaipur), Daman beach and Lonavala waterfalls. Initially intended to make it a live travelogue, so the initial part till the first day morning would be like that.

Have made a compilation of all the pictures as a video (stop motion), and posting it here. Will be adding pics with time

So here goes how the trip was planned:
The plan was in formation since an year, and was finalized three weeks back. We were aiming for a five day relaxed road trip and wanted to spend time at each stop. But the late confirmations and expensive flight tickets threw the plan away. But owing to kukki's determination that he will do the trip alone if no one comes (NO IF NO BUT SIRAF JATT!!), better sense prevailed and just booked myself and Mr.H's air ticket half an hour back.

We will be leaving for delhi today evening from hyd, where kukki would be picking us up from the airport and we shall hit the NH8 directly. Will end up crossing gurgaon by 12 tonight, and plan to hit Udaipur by 10 in the morning. Since we will be tired because of the sleeplessness, we might take a hotel and rest, venturing out in Udaipur sometime around 4PM. Would plan to stay in Udaipur for the night and leave early morning with the next destination as Mumbai/Satara (depending on what we weigh more, visiting friends in mumbai or seeing the kaas flower plateau )

And as i type this Mr.H pings me on google:

Mr H: What do i tell my manager? think of reason. mere dimaag mein kuch nahin aa raha. last resort is family emergency
kaam nahi hai..but my manager is **** ** ****
me: a friend met with an accident in delhi. leaving in the evening to see him

Mr H: yep that should do it
better than family emergency
for me...
guilt nahin hoga
so you call me around 5.

me: lol
i will be all dramatic
dont laugh while acting
Mr H: oye dramatic main hounga. you just call

Went home for lunch and packed all my stuff. Tripod, Camera everything. Put all batteries for charging. Hell I even washed clothes and put them up for drying. This for sure would be a hell of a trip. and Mr H pings again with the information that the cab for the airport has been booked It is funny how will starting heading southwards as soon as we land in delhi!
Expect a little character sketches of Mr.H, kukki and me too in the coming posts.

For starters, Any help on cheap hotels (we want to do this trip on shoestring budget) in Udaipur/Himmatnagar. A cheap but in prime location hotel in Udaipur would be ideal

Last edited by vivek_vt : 22nd September 2011 at 16:36. Reason: adding trip video
Old 15th September 2011, 15:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi-Hyderabad Road Trip (live)

Lol!! Vivek , very dramatic and funny start!!
Liked the
"better than family emergency
for me...
guilt nahin hoga" part!! Hilarious man!!

Hey but I was looking forward for your trip through Central India, hoping i'll get good road updates, as I plan to drive to Bhopal next month!!
Anyways, hope to see lot more interesting conversations and pics!!
This travelogue should be fun!!
And try not to skip any details

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 15th September 2011 at 15:24.
Old 15th September 2011, 15:31   #3
BHPian

Good start Vivek!! Finally the plan is on
Will be following the TL regularly; all the best and have a safe journey.
Old 15th September 2011, 15:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_vt View Post
A cheap but in prime location hotel in Udaipur would be ideal
Hotel Saheli Palace would fit the bill.Centrally located and offers some great veg food.Dont miss the daal khichdi.

Hotel Saheli Palace, Udaipur,Rajasthan,India, Hotel in Udaipur, Hotels of Rajasthan, Visit India
Old 15th September 2011, 16:06   #5
BHPian

Well, this is unique Vivek. Very nice start of the story. Flying only to catch a seat in the car for return! (nothing unusual till here). What makes it unique is this: "immediately"!! Your conversation with your friend is fantastic.

Will be following log closely.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Vivek: Awesome! I'm hooked!

Make this friend who met with an accident as female friend.Manager will definitely give leave

All the best for the journey!
Old 15th September 2011, 18:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Hotel Saheli Palace would fit the bill.Centrally located and offers some great veg food.Dont miss the daal khichdi.
Double room air cooled for 990 seems good, will make the booking on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Well, this is unique Vivek. Very nice start of the story. Flying only to catch a seat in the car for return! (nothing unusual till here). What makes it unique is this: "immediately"!! Your conversation with your friend is fantastic.

Will be following log closely.
Yes sir has been very immediate.

Thanks for the liking Sabby and Fordmanchau

A little info about us. All the three from the same engineering college, and are flatmates in hyderabad. Mr. H as we fondly call him on facebook (doesnt like getting tagged with his real self in public) is a very lazy person in general. We call him the king of procrastination. We had even thought of making a youtube series on him titled "How to procrastinate successfully"

While kukki here, is a large hearted punjabi (or I may say afghani courtesy his pashton skills) from delhi, who has a sunny deol roar and a tushar kapoor body (he will kill me for this). A little short tempered and very good at giving hype. We filter out things when he tells stories. Ideal rule being cut out 20% from start and 20% from end.

Glad to announce that our ex flatmate Mr RanZot Singh (simpu singh effect) will also be joining us. He works in Delhi, and has already booked his Hyd-Delhi flight for monday morning

<break> Need to call Mr.H informing him about what happened with his friend
Done and the call was hilarious
<break> Mom calling
Done and have the permission from her but again very hilarious.

First things first

RanZot Singh: abe kya majak hai? kabhi bolte ho aa rahe hai, kabhi bolte ho ki nahin aa rahe, kabhi bolte ho MP se jaenge, kabhi Udaipur se. Kal tak tou sab cancel out ho gaya tha lekin aaj ka plan kyun nahin bataya?

(What is this? Sometimes you say trip is happening, sometimes no. Then you say we will go via MP, no no now we will go via Udaipur, Gujarat. Till yesterday everything was off, and now why didnt you inform me that the plan is on again?)

Me: Abe i told kukki to tell you in the morning!
RanZot Singh: Didn't get any call!!
Me: He must have forgot. You are in? It will enjoyable. Imagine you will tell the tales to chota RanZot Singh ten years from now!
RanZot Singh: If you guys are going, obviously I will come too.. Don't have the money. Will need to buy tickets on credit.
Me: We also did the same be..
RanZot Singh: 70% in. Will confirm in five minutes
(after ten mins)
RanZot Singh: In!
Me: Naice!

Now the call with Mr. H

Me: Abey Mr. H (name changed), you remember Chandan Luthra (the guy every one hated in college)
Mr. H: Ya...
Me: Abey he had an accident today!
Mr. H : Kya baat kar raha hai? (What are you saying?)
Me: Haan be. He was going on cycle! And he tripped! Minor bruises!
Mr. H: oh hooooo
Me: Nothing to worry!
Mr. H: oh hooo (now both having independent conversation)
Me: But given the love between you two I thought I will tell
Mr. H: kaise hua? (How did it happen?) <pause> Are you going?
Me: (I have run out of things to say)
Mr. H: Jaana chahiye yaar. tch tch tch.. Haan be main bahar aa gaya ab. Nikalne laga. Tu nikal raha.
(Should go and see him. tch tch tch. Yes dude, I am out of office now. Will leave in some time. You leaving?)
Me: yes!

And now the conversation with my mom who calls from office coz I was trying to call her for quite some time. I always want my parents to be informed so that I dont have any guilt. Else I will be caught red handed when I will be boasting about it after a few years!

Me: Mummy, Appko kuch batana tha(Need to tell you something)
Mom:
bol
(tell)
Me: Hum log na ek trip par jaane ka soch rahe the(We people are thinking of going for a trip)
Mom:
acha
(ok)
Me: but aap maanoge nahin(but you wont agree)
Mom:
kyun? bata(why? tell)
Me:
3 aur log hain. Unke parents maan chuke hain(there are three more friends and there parents have agreed)
Mom:
acha bata tou ab(are you going to tell me or not?)
Me:
Hum Delhi se Hyderabad car mein aane ki soch rahe hain
(we are thinking of doing Delhi-Hyderabad in a car)
Mom: Kab?
(when?)
Me: kal.
(tomorow)
Mom: Tou tu dilli kaise aa raha hai?
(How are you coming to delhi?)
Me: Flight se aaj shaam.
(by flight. Today evening)

(She is very very confused and after telling her in detail and how safe the trip would be, and enjoyble, and that three of us are good drivers
she says)

Mom: Pata nahin! Sardaron ke saath reh ke tu bhi sardaron vaali baatein kar raha hai
(Leaving with surds, even you are talking absurd like them)
Me: Nahin enjoyable hoga bahut. Hum bhi kabhi baad mein chalenge?
(No. It would be anjoyable. Even we will do such a trip some time)
Mom: Hum kaun? you and your future wife?
(Who we? You and your future wife?)
Me: Arre chalenge na hum log.
(No. We will go. You, me, dad and sis)
Mom: And ghar ke itna paas aake vaapis jayega bevakoof (I am from Chandigarh)
(And you will not come home after coming so close? Idiot!)
Me: Koi baat nahin Diwali par tou aa hi raha hoon
(Coming for diwali na. Not far away)
Mom: Papa se baat kar. Maan hi jayenge!
(Talk to dad. He might agree!)

So I am all set and done! No guilt as well!
Manager calling and getting late. Cab coming home at 7! Leaving! Keep tuned

BTW: how to bypass Mumbai while going Surat to Pune? Thane-Navi mumbai?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Smiley usage restricted to 2 per post. Please read our forum rules and policies here.

Last edited by vivek_vt : 20th September 2011 at 11:45. Reason: added transalations
Old 15th September 2011, 18:20   #8
BHPian

Lovely.

The conversation between you and Mr H, followed by you and your Mom was amazing. Look forward to this travelogue and am glued to the live commentary to start.

Have a safe drive.

Cheers,
Old 15th September 2011, 18:47   #9
BHPian

Funny phone calls. I was imagining the same in hyderabadi accent and it seemed funny. I understand it might be in Punjabi accent and seems funnier.

enjoy the trip. Also, what car?
Old 15th September 2011, 21:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916
Also, what car?
Santro xing. Me, and some other friend went ukimath (on way to kedarnath) few years back in this very car.

Cant quote others but good to know people following
@milecruncher the manager automatically thought so. (female friend)

Flight departing from hyd, 15 mins delay but oh what an aircraft air india. Hope the food is good too as i am very very hungry. Turning off the phone!

Ps: my dad said "beta sadak naapne ka kaam shuru karna hai kya?"
(Have you started the work measuring roads?)

Last edited by vivek_vt : 20th September 2011 at 11:53. Reason: added transalation
Old 15th September 2011, 22:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:

BTW: how to bypass Mumbai while going Surat to Pune? Thane-Navi mumbai?
Yes Ghodbunder road. Thane...
Old 16th September 2011, 05:49   #12
BHPian

Good morning! Just crossed behror. Left gurgaon around 3:15am, after celebrating mr. H's bday at RanZot Singhs place. Cake was delicious and so were the paranthas near futures first office, gurgaon. After catching up with friends, telling all our trip planning stories, were finally able to leave at that time. And thanks to the road widening project and RanZot Singhs safe driving, breakfast seems imminent near jaipur. Had wished it to be near kishangarh. Will be taking the kishangarh-bhilwara-chittorgarh route as suggested by someone. Do suggest if its not the best route. Hoping for a `high tea` at lake palace udaipur around 3pm

For now its RanZot singh driving, kukki as shotgun, mr H sleeping and me trying to catch some sleep.
Attached Images

Last edited by vivek_vt : 16th September 2011 at 05:50.
Old 16th September 2011, 08:43   #13
BHPian

Great going. Reminds me of my awesome days with friends in Pune (college days). Insane hona bhi zaroori hoti hai
Old 16th September 2011, 09:12   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Santro xing. Me, and some other friend went ukimath (on way to kedarnath) few years back in this very car.

Cant quote others but good to know people following
@milecruncher the manager automatically thought so. (female friend)

Flight departing from hyd, 15 mins delay but oh what an aircraft air india. Hope the food is good too as i am very very hungry. Turning off the phone!

Ps: my dad said "beta sadak naapne ka kaam shuru karna hai kya?"
Ask me, when its me and my Nomad, I keep hearing new proverbs and puns from my Mom. Following your thread with a Macro eye
Old 16th September 2011, 11:58   #15
BHPian

Nice man.wish i was there too,but dont know if i will be able to do such a long road trip.500 km is long enough for me.the choice of vehicle seems strange to me though.Any reasons for choosing a small petrol hatch ideally suited for the city?

Love your style of writing.Am glued in.Following your trip on google maps.Enjoy.

Most Viewed