Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 13:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Go Goa - A Monsoon edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@swanand,
pic will speak 1k words if you post the pics of Arambol beach.
AP, that would be at Anjuna beach, NO? Though nowadays, you hardly see any of those marvelous sights .

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
How long did it take for you to cover this distance of 70kms till Amboli? Did the Cruze scrape bottoms at any point?
It took us around 3 hours to reach Kolhapur, and another half after that to reach Amboli ghat section. The ghat itself took quite a while as we stopped for a few times buying the unmentionables! The Cruze did "cruze" through all the bad roads. No bottoming out at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats Swanand, on posting the TL. This is the primary acheivement that I am glad you are done with
Finally I have something worthwhile to do this afternoon!
Great narration and now some of the FB pics get an explanation too
Yes Bala, you can say that again! Writing this itself was so taxing. Thanks to the nagging by you, Noop and JD, this one's up. Next in line is the Superb thread!
Old 4th October 2011, 16:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
T

Now, there are a few amongst us, who at the mention of a massage (the proper kind, not like the one’s they advertise in newspapers, Lol) start heading that way. One amongst them is me. So, we had heard of this place called Snip. It’s in between Calangute and Candolim. We made a call and booked an appointment for all of us. The massage turned out to be the highlight of the trip. Why? Sorry, for the risk of being killed, I won’t divulge that information! But in all seriousness, if you are the “I need a massage” types, I highly recommend this place.
I second that - Snip is awesome !

We need more pictures of Goa and the art of chilling !
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 16:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

NC: Unfortunately there arent more pics that could be posted. For the risk of getting infracted, they have been left out . I would love to post more pics on the "Art of chilling (pun intended)" though.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 18:03   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

@Swanand - nice writeup, excellent narration. But it was a sacrilege on your part to delay the thread for a month!!!

And I agree with @AP - the pics don't do Goa justice. You need to practice! So take another break and head back to goa & do it again, this time better!

P.s. Keep walking - too good
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 21:38   #20
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Attachment 819185
After feeding Tibet for a day at least, we decided to try footwear. Now, for all those unmarried folks out there – here’s a tip. Any amount of pairs of footwear isn’t sufficient. There always would be a dress of some color (that color doesn’t exist in our books!) that needs matching footwear. Well, so be it. Buy the bloody chappals. Now, after carrying a load that would put those coolies at the railway station to shame, we decided to have some dinner. Oh, yeah it was evening already! See, no lady in this world could ever be unlucky while shopping. If she says she didn’t find what she wanted, that means there are around 5 bags of stuff already bought!
Swanand, that was hillarious (and true )! Overall great narration. Thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks for sharing.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 10:34   #21
BHPian

Finally!! Nice TL !
Brought back the memories. It would have been great if we would have met at Mambo's. Music was great.
Even I went to arambol. Saw lot of people in the shacks in a "dazed" mode. The best ride in Goa.

One Question: How can the cruze be dirt-free after the drive? Did you take it to some washing center there? During the drive, for a moment i thought the colour of my car is brown
Old 5th October 2011, 10:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Ninja: I agree. The pics arent great. But another vacation and my manager would probably do a GPL!

@SDP: Thanks mate. It's unfortunately true. For the sake of peace and harmony in my house, I wont divulge the exact number (of footwear) my wife has, but lemme put it this way - We are in need of another wardrobe for footwear!

@Mikon: Memories are great. Feel like heading back right now! Lol, the car did have dirt on it. Lots of it. We found a car washing center in Saligao that did an amazing job for a mere Rs.150.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 5th October 2011 at 11:01.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't know I missed this for a whole week!

Nice travelogue- simply narrated and enjoyable. That Cruze looks hot.

Subodh has taken more than his share of the pics- as he probably did of the car as well Thank God he's photogenic.

Goa TLs make me sigh and go all wistful. After doing 2 roadtrips there last year, this year has been a dry spell. We were actually supposed to be at Alila Diwa last week attending a 5-star wedding, but couldn't make the trip. Bummer!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 21:53   #24
dot
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, I loved the pics. As the cliche says, a picture is worth thousand words, so are these. What fun you all must have had, the pics are infectious.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 00:14   #25
Team-BHP Support

Swanand,

Your style of writing is very witty. I like it. Great little TL on a great little State. It brought back memories as I was going through it. I'd been to Goa with my folks last week. And I compiled a travelogue on the holiday as well. Do take the time to check it out.

It's funny, that we've written TLs on the same place, but the TLs are very different in their own way. Just goes to show how amazing Goa is.

Here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ore-again.html
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 18:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Even i missed this one. Got to know about your TL only from FB.

You sure had a relaxed leisurely vacation looking at the very limited snaps. Why take the pains of clicking?

Even wives have started riding Bullet. NOM. Its just that i still have to ride one.

By the way that Black Cruz looks great. Is he not on T-BHP?
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 14:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Amit, most of the pics clicked are not uploadable. You know what I mean. On FB you can see all those.

About the wifey riding a bullet, well I was sceptical allright, but wasnt worried as she used to ride my brothers Pulsar quite a few times.

The Cruze guy isnt on TBHP. There are some more snaps of the Cruze. Lemme see where they are.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 15:41   #28
BHPian

Thats a nice travelogue swanand. It must have been a fun trip. Feel like going to goa right now after looking at all the photos. So how about we plan something now huh?
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:19   #29
BHPian

Hey!
So finally I bumped into this thread. Just got to know, last night that this thread even existed..sigh, the side effects of not being on FB.
Beautiful narration mate; here words speak louder than pics (literally)..while reading, I could picture you carrying those shopping bags.
BTW, there's a 24 hr Subway on Baga road, in case you are hunting for food post 11pm (instead of that Rs.600 Burger)

Goa's calling..
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:28   #30
BHPian

Am heading to goa from 5th to 8th.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks