Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 15:02   #166
BHPian

Re: Leh in a Linea

Ravi Sir, this is the first Travelogue that i read with each and every post.

Highlights of this travelogue

1. Brave decision to travel in Linea
2. Your Better Half's Company
3. Zoji la experience
4. Details of every small things
5. Linea's Reliability.
6. Picture's that speak a thousand words

A T-JET linea would have been icing on the cake, nevertheless your current linea took every task that was put forth to it
driving_smartly is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 16:49   #167
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
You have given the courage all of us to go ahead and pay our respect to Leh.
Even if one person takes a decision to visit Leh on his/her own car with low GC/long wheel base, based on this travelogue, I assume that this thread served its purpose! Thanks a lot, rajchetan, for the compliments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Brave decision to travel in Linea
I took that decision amidst alround discouragement because of
Quote:
Linea's Reliability
of which I have full confidence. She fully co-operated with me during this trip at adverse weather and topographical conditions. Not even a puncture. On the hindsight, I couldn't have expected more from my Linea.
Quote:
your current linea took every task that was put forth to it
Thank you for the compliments and appreciation.
  (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 19:24   #168
BHPian

Ravi sir...this was awesome read and finished it in a single sitting. Amazing trip and photos. Kudos to you & your wife to take out courage to do this kind of long trip.

Don't want to say hope to do this section & many more....but will certainly do!! To build courage & experience - will be doing a south india coastal triangle trip (bangalore - mangalore - kanyakumari - dhanushkodi - pondy - chennai - bangalore) this Dec end!

Giving a well deserved 5 stars!

Just a small observation: if you could keep the photo captions in normal font size and separated from photo - guess, the photo's would have looked better! Not saying that the photo's were bad - but just it would look better!!
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 22:05   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Even if one person takes a decision to visit Leh on his/her own car with low GC/long wheel base, based on this travelogue, I assume that this thread served its purpose!
Awesome reading here. I'm also itching to go but so far all travelogues have been done with jeeps and small cars. Thank you for at least getting me to think of the possibilities. I drive an Optra Magnum but i'm scared about the oil sump on this.

Last edited by optimist : 8th November 2011 at 22:07.
optimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 00:01   #170
BHPian

AWESOME.... I came across this thread as it got mentioned in a different TL, while I appreciate your courage and stamina to do this trip, hats off to your better half to accompany you for this trip. Nice photos and good narration, enjoyed reading the entire TL. I wish I could do this sometime in future along with my wife. ;-) fingers crossed.
balajird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 14:00   #171
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Amazing trip and photos. Kudos to you & your wife to take out courage to do this kind of long trip.
Thanks for the compliments, maheshramaling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
I drive an Optra Magnum but i'm scared about the oil sump on this.
I understand Optra Magnum's GC is also 165 mm. You can think of going in for engine guard before undertaking a mission like this. Thanks for the appreciation, optimist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Nice photos and good narration, enjoyed reading the entire TL.
Thanks a lot, balajird, for nice words about this thread.

Old 10th November 2011, 21:32   #172
BHPian

Hello Ravi,

First of all kudos to this great achievement. I was glued on to your thread for obvious two reasons .
1. The dream destination
2. The dream car
It's a deadly combination here and you have done it.

I am also planning to take this trip sometime this year and hope my dream comes true, As of now my plan is to drive from chennai. Will surely be reaching out to you for assistance during my planning stages.

Thanks,
Aravind
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 18:38   #173
BHPian

You are the man. Beautifully written and awesomatic snaps. i am clearly able to see that you shud have enjoyed every single inch of the trip. Congrats dude.

Note from Support: Please...do...not....type....like....this. Thanks
Thamizha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 08:12   #174
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
As of now my plan is to drive from chennai. Will surely be reaching out to you for assistance during my planning stages.
You are always welcome, aravind84. Thanks for the compliments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamizha View Post
Beautifully written and awesomatic snaps.
Thanks a lot for the appreciation, Thamizha.

Old 13th November 2011, 08:08   #175
J.Ravi

Six Sikhs And Foreign Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
After parking my Linea at MLCP, we strolled in the main bazaar road. In the evening, we took a shared cab MS Omni to and fro Atari [Wagah] border costing Rs 110 per head for the entire to and fro trip.
I witnessed this conversation at the Multi Level Car Park, Amritsar, between a travel agent and a group of foreign tourists, who were to board the cab for Atari trip:

The travel agent counted the group and told, "You are SIX. So, give me Rs xxxx". One of the foreign tourist smilingly replied, "We are not SIKHS!" punning with the words six and Sikhs. The travel agent got confused, and perhaps, thought that he was being duped. He counted again, "1-2-3-4-5-6. I am correct. You are SIX. Give me Rs xxxx". I could not control my laughter. That foreign tourist was still smiling and enjoying at the travel agent's confusion!

Old 13th November 2011, 18:12   #176

A Dream expedition on a Dream Car indeed Mr Ravi. Very well covered both on road and on camera. I have been planning such a trip for long. Now i've got a lot of inspiration. Do you think the emotion pack would also do as well? Good decision to take the NH1A. Thanks for giving the credit to the army and the BRO for the roads and safety.
thumpingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 23:00   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Highlights of this travelogue

1. Brave decision to travel in Linea
2. Your Better Half's Company
3. Zoji la experience
4. Details of every small things
5. Linea's Reliability.
6. Picture's that speak a thousand words
Precisely. The details are so sharp & vivid, its a joy to go through every detail.

You made my Sunday

And its nice to see a sedan, a gorgeous one at that going places.

5*

Last edited by Sheel : 13th November 2011 at 23:01.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 08:14   #178
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
Do you think the emotion pack would also do as well?
Thanks, thumpingbull. Mine is Emotion Pack only. I never faced any problem anywhere other than those steep stretches at Zoji La while climbing [due to non-maintaining the momentum resulting in wheel-spinning without traction]. While returning, my Linea got acclimatized and performed well at Zoji La!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
And its nice to see a sedan, a gorgeous one at that going places. 5*
Thanks a lot, Sheel, for superlative appreciation.

Old 15th November 2011, 11:44   #179
J.Ravi

Kashmir Carpets

We bought 2 carpets of size 7'x5' each costing Rs 1800 at the floating Kashmir Handicraft Bazaar, Meena Bazaar, Dal Lake, Srinagar on 15.9.2011. The maroon coloured carpet adorns our hall now. The brown one is reserved for my daughter, who is visiting here from Oz the next month.
Leh in a Linea-dsc05532.jpg
I was informed that the goodies could be sent by VPP to my home, if I did not want to carry them. I immediately opted for that as I didn't want them visit Leh with us. I paid the bill by credit card [no extra charges] and instructed them to send it so as to reach my Bangalore home on or after 1 October 2011. As promised, I received it by 4 October 2011. I paid the postal charges only at the time of receipt of the parcel.
Leh in a Linea-dsc05533.jpg
  (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 13:32   #180
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful design of the carpet. Carpet is of the best souvenirs that can be bought from Kashmir I guess. What is the carpet material & is there any particular name for the design or craftsmanship?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed