Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 13:36   #181
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kashmir Carpets

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
We bought 2 carpets of size 7'x5' each costing Rs 1800 at the floating Kashmir Handicraft Bazaar, Meena Bazaar, Dal Lake, Srinagar on 15.9.2011.
That is a big carpet for so little money. You have enjoyed driving, the thrill, the pressure and the shopping.

I have heard of such people who enjoy every moment of life and make every bit of it special, and i'm experiencing the same through you and this wonderful thread. I keep reading it all the time and showing it to my friends and family. Thank you very much.

God bless you Mr. Ravi.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 14:34   #182
J.Ravi

Re: Kashmir Carpets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
What is the carpet material & is there any particular name for the design or craftsmanship?
Thanks a lot, AutoIndian. Yes, carpet is the best souvenir of our trip. We were shown many designs in different colours of various sizes. We picked these two colours as we liked them. It is made of regular carpet material. Here is a close-up of the carpet:
Leh in a Linea-dsc05536.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
That is a big carpet for so little money. You have enjoyed driving, the thrill, the pressure and the shopping.
Thanks, MAS. Every day, we are reminded of this wonderful trip whenever we walk on this carpet.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th November 2011 at 14:50.

Old 17th November 2011, 08:46   #183
J.Ravi

Random Thoughts

Contrary to popular belief, I was astonished to find some beggars [able-bodied/male and female/different age groups] near the Golden Temple, Amritsar, although I must admit their number was very small as compared to their colleagues in other places of worship in other parts of India. Chandigarh was in contrast with no beggars seen by me during my stay there.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th November 2011 at 08:48.

Old 11th March 2012, 11:32   #184
BHPian

Re: A Confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Now, I don't suffer from guilty conscience and my Linea, from injuries! I highly recommend Sai Colorium for bodywork.
This quality of work is unmatched I guess. It definitely looks as good as REPLACED, which the A.S.S. people are known for. REPAIR, apparently, is one word that's commonly missing in all authorized service centers... .

I have been feeling really bad about a scratch on the right bumper on my Fabia, and was wondering what the Skoda folks are gonna quote for the same. Seeing your story and pics, I already can picturize how it's gonna look like after the job is done.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 13:41   #185
BHPian

Re: Srinagar - in and around Dal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
this is mandatory to have if you are going through Gujarat . Only state to have this yellow sticker on RHS side mandatory .
>>>

I do not think that this is mandatory, at least not for non - Gujarat registered vehicles. I fail to see the logic of Gujarat enforcing this 'rule' only and not other states- if it is a good measure.

Regards
Old 19th March 2012, 14:23   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

I do not think that this is mandatory, at least not for non - Gujarat registered vehicles. I fail to see the logic of Gujarat enforcing this 'rule' only and not other states- if it is a good measure.

Regards
I agree with you that it isn't mandatory, but believe you me if you get caught by the cops in Gujarat, especially in the cities, they will haul you for not following the "rule" and try to get some money out of you! Doesn't matter if you are an out of state vehicle and just passing through! Logic doesn't work here Sir, speaking from experience!
Old 19th March 2012, 14:59   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
I agree with you that it isn't mandatory, but believe you me if you get caught by the cops in Gujarat, especially in the cities, they will haul you for not following the "rule" and try to get some money out of you! Doesn't matter if you are an out of state vehicle and just passing through! Logic doesn't work here Sir, speaking from experience!
>>>

Well I seem to have escaped the eyes of the Gujarat cops then, for I have never been stopped/questioned. The yellow stickers are available for sale on the stretch of the NH8 between Vapi and Valsad, I think.

Regards
Old 20th March 2012, 12:49   #188
Team-BHP Support

Re: Leh in a Linea

Don't know how I had missed this thread. Everything in this thread is great. Great narration, great pictures, great car and last but not the least, great driver. You need to have guts to take a Linea up there.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 21:22   #189
BHPian

Nice narration. I am constantly on the lookout for any thread / topic about Leh Ladakh as I am taking this expedition on during June, 2012. Thanks.
Gentle Giant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 13:19   #190
BHPian

I have been on this thread so many times in past but never commented as I used to get lost in thoughts of driving a Linea to Ladakh. I must admit, your TL was a big contributor to my purchase decision. Your travelogues and ownership thread are a hallmark to Linea's capabilities. I was reading one of your recent TLs on another forum. I was searching for it here but couldn't find it. Just in case it is there and I missed it, please share the link.

Coming back to the TL, I faced something similar to what you experienced at Jozila. I was going to Mcledoganj through Khadadanda road and it was raining very heavily. It's a very steep climb and the traction was also very low. The smell of a burning clutch is scary especially for someone who loves his car. I have put the details in my travelogue however, they are from Crusoe's perspective. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...la-4-days.html

I might trouble you with some queries in April when I would be finalizing my trip to Ladakh.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 15:26   #191
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I might trouble you with some queries in April when I would be finalizing my trip to Ladakh.
Thanks for the compliments, Biraj. You are always welcome to trouble me.

Old 31st January 2013, 15:46   #192
BHPian

Hello Ravi sir, I have been following this thread since you had started it. Every time I prepare to write a reply is when I realize I am not a member yet

Finally my entry got approved and now I'm stuck for words. Anyways Congratulating and wishing you many many happy miles in your Linea has been one of my highest priority checklist items once my entry is approved.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 19:09   #193

Thanks to you Mr. Ravi. Me + my wife + my brother + my sister in law did it in my Fiat Grande Punto MJD 1.3 this June. Any queries for Punto Leh trip may be directed to me. Most of the details have already been covered by Mr. Ravi in this very detailed thread. I can help with any specific details that Punto owners aspiring to drive to Leh may require. The photo below is after crossing the Zozila.
Attached Thumbnails
Leh in a Linea-dsc_2842.jpg  

strike909 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 19:44   #194

Cooling the clutch and gearbox after the Zozila pass.
Attached Thumbnails
Leh in a Linea-dsc_2802.jpg  

strike909 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 09:10   #195
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike909 View Post
The photo below is after crossing the Zozila.
That's nice to see your Punto at Zozila. How did your Punto perform in tackling the ghat section to Zozila? My Linea will be visiting Leh again by next month exactly after 2 years!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th August 2013 at 09:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks