Team-BHP - Why Not A SaddleSore?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Why Not A SaddleSore? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/109028-why-not-saddlesore-3.html)

Wow ! what a dream and what a start. very quick decisions and you made is successful.

I am a biker too however can't travel now because of family but your trip made me think again, this is very nice idea to refresh yourself in short time :). I think I am going to try this now, hope I will be successful like you.

What points you think should be considered in bike, I have RE 350 STD and I have not tried her for more than 80 KM/Hrs. What I gathered from your trip is fast bike is the key to success (not to tell about your stamina :) which is incredible).

Thanks,
Vishal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thar4x4 (Post 2535675)
Wow ! what a dream and what a start. very quick decisions and you made is successful.

I am a biker too however can't travel now because of family but your trip made me think again, this is very nice idea to refresh yourself in short time :). I think I am going to try this now, hope I will be successful like you.

What points you think should be considered in bike, I have RE 350 STD and I have not tried her for more than 80 KM/Hrs. What I gathered from your trip is fast bike is the key to success (not to tell about your stamina :) which is incredible).

Thanks,
Vishal

Many thanks Vishal.

It is possible on any bike. People have done it on Pulsar 135 to RX 100 to Yamaha R1. You just need to keep the bike in perfect mechanical condition, prepare yourself for the ride and be fit.

Chalk out a route (Example : Bangalore - Pune - Bangalore), ask others for advice / suggestion - choose a right day and ride on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutty Nair (Post 2535609)
@MadBiker - That's an awesome achievement. Pl. accept sincere congratulations from a fellow biking enthusiast. Also a beautifully written log, parts of which I was able to relate to. I have done a 20 hrs. non stop run from Trivandrum to Bangalore (close to 800 kms) in my Caliber. Just boggles my mind on how you covered 1650 kms in 24 hrs. Kudos to your stamina & endurance!

Thanks Nair Saare. It was a mixed feeling, joyful yet tiring. Overall, very happy i did so :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by padikpanther (Post 2535502)
Great write up and inspirational attempt. Heartiest congrats

Thank you!

Awesome stuff, coming from a biking background myself (though no saddle sore) i can truly understand those butt pains and shifting of seating positions :), it was good that you had the Ninja with which you could maintain higher avg speeds, Congrats once again and nice pic of the bike on that bridge :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2536055)
Awesome stuff, coming from a biking background myself (though no saddle sore) i can truly understand those butt pains and shifting of seating positions :), it was good that you had the Ninja with which you could maintain higher avg speeds, Congrats once again and nice pic of the bike on that bridge :)

Thanks Mav. Yes Ninja helped me a lot, saving precious time. Infact reading other saddlesore logs, i knew how bad i was in planning, taking breaks and all that. Glad i chose the right motorcycle :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadBiker (Post 2536173)
Thanks Mav. Yes Ninja helped me a lot, saving precious time. Infact reading other saddlesore logs, i knew how bad i was in planning, taking breaks and all that. Glad i chose the right motorcycle :)

So you got your certificate? Now looking at Bum Sore? :D

@madbiker,
first i ignored your thread after reading weird title but 5* rating to this thread lead me to read it.
One need guts to do such trips.
I am sure, we will read more from you about such adventurous trips.
'' congratulations'' and '' drive safe''.

5* from me.

Anant, aren't you the fastest in India yet?

That was a good ride in your bike.
3hrs in Trichy from Chennai seems to be quite fast in a bike.
The morning sunrise over Cauvery river looks good.
Drive safely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadBiker (Post 2535896)
Many thanks Vishal.

It is possible on any bike. People have done it on Pulsar 135 to RX 100 to Yamaha R1. You just need to keep the bike in perfect mechanical condition, prepare yourself for the ride and be fit.

Chalk out a route (Example : Bangalore - Pune - Bangalore), ask others for advice / suggestion - choose a right day and ride on!
Thank you!

Cool, I have started my preparation, do you know any one from IBR in Pune or nearby.

Thanks,
Vishal

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2536218)
So you got your certificate? Now looking at Bum Sore? :D

Bum was sore for a couple of days, I had return back home from office the next day since i could not sit in my cubicle properly :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 2536245)
@madbiker,
first i ignored your thread after reading weird title but 5* rating to this thread lead me to read it.
One need guts to do such trips.
I am sure, we will read more from you about such adventurous trips.
'' congratulations'' and '' drive safe''.

5* from me.

Thanks Ashish. Sure, I would post in the other logs as well. Thanks for reading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2536254)
Anant, aren't you the fastest in India yet?

Yes I am, even i checked the same with the IBA Association.

But i dont want to brag about it since it might aggravate people to ride even more faster. I dont mind people over coming the time i took, but i dont want people to be prone to a crash speeding more than desirable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajadonga (Post 2536259)
That was a good ride in your bike.
3hrs in Trichy from Chennai seems to be quite fast in a bike.
The morning sunrise over Cauvery river looks good.
Drive safely.

Thank you. Sure i would ride safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thar4x4 (Post 2536280)
Cool, I have started my preparation, do you know any one from IBR in Pune or nearby.

Thanks,
Vishal

Vishal, You dont need to necessaryly have IBR people to be your witness. Any one at start, end point - Fuel attendant, ATM Security guy, wife, kids, friends .. anyone who would respond to an email or a phone call to confirm that you were there would do.

You can even ask Pune Team-Bhpians to come out and help you sign the witness form. Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadBiker (Post 2536336)

Vishal, You dont need to necessaryly have IBR people to be your witness. Any one at start, end point - Fuel attendant, ATM Security guy, wife, kids, friends .. anyone who would respond to an email or a phone call to confirm that you were there would do.

You can even ask Pune Team-Bhpians to come out and help you sign the witness form. Good Luck!

Ananth,

I have started planing and will execute it after Diwali in Nov 11. We are 2 bulleters and we are planning for Pune - Banglore - Pune, Google map shows it 1677 Kms.

Can you share the documentation you have created for your trip?

btw: have you ordered any goodies from IBA's estore.

Thanks,
Vishal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thar4x4 (Post 2538126)
Ananth,

I have started planing and will execute it after Diwali in Nov 11. We are 2 bulleters and we are planning for Pune - Banglore - Pune, Google map shows it 1677 Kms.

Can you share the documentation you have created for your trip?

btw: have you ordered any goodies from IBA's estore.

Thanks,
Vishal

Vishal,

The log book was scanned and posted in post #2 of this thread.

I did not order any goodies, but while applying for saddlesore completion - we would have to pay for : Certificate, Some Stickers, Licence Plate etc. Barring that i would not be purchasing any goodies.

Good Luck for your ride. Do PM if you may need any inputs. Thanks.

Brilliant write-up , well compiled, congrats on ur IB achievement.
Ride safe..:thumbs up

Wow ..congrats! this surely must be a confidence booster!!

btw seems like ninja loves speed, whats the top speed it does? and headlights seems to be really good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicha (Post 2542899)
Brilliant write-up , well compiled, congrats on ur IB achievement.
Ride safe..:thumbs up

Thanks Kicha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 2543493)
Wow ..congrats! this surely must be a confidence booster!!

btw seems like ninja loves speed, whats the top speed it does? and headlights seems to be really good.

Thanks Lohith.

Top speed is 170'ish. I have done 165 during this SaddlSore Ride and about 170 on my Maharashtra Run.

My friend Rajiv has managed to get 180 on the speedo, with tail wind and some help from downward gradient.