Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 18:15   #46
BHPian

Re: Why Not A SaddleSore?

Great Ride Boss. Congrats.

Do you get any stickers etc from IBA for doing this?
Old 13th October 2011, 22:13   #47
BHPian

Wow. I almost gave this thread a miss with the misleading title you have. Wonderfully penned down. Hats off for even daring to do something like this.

1650 kilometers in 24 hours ! That's around 70 kmph average with all the breaks and your trips to the ATM's and on a bike Mindblowing!

One thing which i didn't quite get is your trips to the ATM's and the 100 rupee notes. Can't you just get a printed receipt of the balance ? I remember seeing an option of just taking the balance receipt without withdrawing any amount. Not too sure if it there everywhere.

Enjoyed reading it. Was very easy on the eye with all the pics in between and with a very crisp and clear writing style. Thanks for sharing.
Old 13th October 2011, 23:19   #48
BHPian

Wow...super duper. I also almost skipped this thread because of the title but clicked on it since it was on the home page and what would i have seriously missed!!

I ride a bit more than average in bangalore everyday on an RTR and my distances are about 50-60kms; and i keep shifting all the time cos the bum gets sore , so i can seriously identify with your description

I cant imagine the gumption you must have had to just set out and what stood out thro' the 'logue was your matter-of-factly description. Kudos dude!

Last edited by avasekeh : 13th October 2011 at 23:20.
Old 14th October 2011, 15:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasekeh View Post
Wow...super duper. I also almost skipped this thread because of the title but clicked on it since it was on the home page and what would i have seriously missed!!

I ride a bit more than average in bangalore everyday on an RTR and my distances are about 50-60kms; and i keep shifting all the time cos the bum gets sore , so i can seriously identify with your description

I cant imagine the gumption you must have had to just set out and what stood out thro' the 'logue was your matter-of-factly description. Kudos dude!
Thanks avasekeh.

The sore thing while riding was more due to the super hard seats on the bike. I could have added some extra sponge or something before the ride, but as mentioned it wasn't planned to be done. May be you could try to add some extra sponges onto your seat to make it comfortable for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Wow. I almost gave this thread a miss with the misleading title you have. Wonderfully penned down. Hats off for even daring to do something like this.

1650 kilometers in 24 hours ! That's around 70 kmph average with all the breaks and your trips to the ATM's and on a bike Mindblowing!

One thing which i didn't quite get is your trips to the ATM's and the 100 rupee notes. Can't you just get a printed receipt of the balance ? I remember seeing an option of just taking the balance receipt without withdrawing any amount. Not too sure if it there everywhere.

Enjoyed reading it. Was very easy on the eye with all the pics in between and with a very crisp and clear writing style. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Kimified.

Yes, We can do that - I did not have much money in the beginning as i spent couple of fuel purchases by cash - So i took 100 Rs at every stop and eventually it filled up my purse.

Thanks again for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Great Ride Boss. Congrats.

Do you get any stickers etc from IBA for doing this?
Thanks! I would be getting it fro IBA. I have just applied for them, will take its own sweet tie i guess.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:38   #50
BHPian

Congratulation MadBiker, and this MadTiger here, well I have done a few long trips all are between 350 to 400 km in a day. Never could I imagine you could do 1600 + km's in 19.5 hrs. I personally own a Yamaha Gladiator but never got a chance to take it for a long ride, so rode along with friends. I have a stupid question why were you so keen in collecting the receipts was it for Tracking purpose or police post checks?
Old 15th October 2011, 00:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Congratulation MadBiker, and this MadTiger here, well I have done a few long trips all are between 350 to 400 km in a day. Never could I imagine you could do 1600 + km's in 19.5 hrs. I personally own a Yamaha Gladiator but never got a chance to take it for a long ride, so rode along with friends. I have a stupid question why were you so keen in collecting the receipts was it for Tracking purpose or police post checks?

Thank You!

As per Iron Butt Association's Rules - We need to have a start witness, end witness and a track log of the route, fuel , etc information and receipts are mandatory for getting the SaddleSore ride certified.
Old 15th October 2011, 07:07   #52
BHPian

Great going dude! Can you please share where you got that rear seat-top bag for your Ninja from? I want one for mine too
Old 15th October 2011, 09:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
Great going dude! Can you please share where you got that rear seat-top bag for your Ninja from? I want one for mine too
Thanks!

It was a Oxford Tail Bag, Its owned by a friend of mine. He got it from a dealer in Mumbai, will try to get the contacts next week.

Oxford Humpback Tank - Tail bag OL520 - OL521 - OL522: BikeSax.com - LockItt.com
Old 15th October 2011, 11:40   #54
BHPian

1650 Kilometers in 19.5 Hours!
Congratulations MadBiker. That is quite an accomplishment. The maximum I have done is 250 km in one day on my Honda Unicorn and that was enough to make my back and butt sore. I guess SaddleSore is not meant to be a walk in the park anyways

Hats off to you brother!
plain.vanilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 14:51   #55
BHPian

Congrats on your IB achievment and on being the fastest Indian IB! Your reluctance to trumpet the latter part of your achievment displays a high level of maturity! That sets a very good example for all bikers to emulate. Congrats again and ride safe!
Regards,
Ashphil
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 22:32   #56
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your great achievement. Very few have the passion and stamina to do it and no doubt you are one among them. Happy and Safe riding. Wish you good luck.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:29   #57
BHPian

Hi
Congratulations on your achievement. I read your post last week and rated it 5 stars. I own a CL500cc and had travelled the maximum of 700kms in a day. I cant imagine travelling 1650km's in 19.5hours. They dont call it saddle sore for nothing. After pondering i wanted to take a trial and on a impluse decided to ride to kolli hills the next day and return the same day. It would be around 900kms in one day and i would know my tolerance level if and when i decide to go for something like you. Plus i usually ride out with Madras Bullet club group and have not done solo trips in a long time. Tried it last friday and as luck would have it i got stuck due to the rains in kolli hills and stayed over night before returning next day. I had a great time and enjoyed every bit of it. I think i have fallen in love with solo riding but i am yet to find out whether i can do such long distance like you. Congratulations once again. Cheers
Old 17th October 2011, 13:46   #58

The roads that you selected are absolute delight to ride though I am amzed that you took the challenge to cover them on your bike. And you have narrated this really good that its a delight to read your post. Keep riding and writing
Old 17th October 2011, 15:35   #59
BHPian

I'm lost for words. Seriously, what a ride!

There are those to talk and talk and those who walk the walk. You, my friend are definitely the latter.

Very inspiring to see a saddlsore accomplished without much planning/deliberation. Not to mention the stunning pics taken at such times! Kudos!

But what really bugs me is that our roads are so unsafe, that it takes a lot of **** to do such rides. Take your Sumo experience for example. It's really scary when you're alone and it's dark. It may make you seem a hero, but there is no denying the risks involved in such situations. Anyway, enough concerns have been expressed over this already.

Here's commending you again on the spectacular feat. Keep them coming I say.
Old 17th October 2011, 18:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
1650 Kilometers in 19.5 Hours!
Congratulations MadBiker. That is quite an accomplishment. The maximum I have done is 250 km in one day on my Honda Unicorn and that was enough to make my back and butt sore. I guess SaddleSore is not meant to be a walk in the park anyways

Hats off to you brother!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
Congrats on your IB achievment and on being the fastest Indian IB! Your reluctance to trumpet the latter part of your achievment displays a high level of maturity! That sets a very good example for all bikers to emulate. Congrats again and ride safe!
Regards,
Ashphil
Thanks Ashphil.

Yes, bragging about an accomplishment is OK, but when it comes to involving risking an endurance ride is a complete No-No according to me. Anyway, Thanks again for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats on your great achievement. Very few have the passion and stamina to do it and no doubt you are one among them. Happy and Safe riding. Wish you good luck.
Thanks RGK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Congratulations on your achievement. I read your post last week and rated it 5 stars. I own a CL500cc and had travelled the maximum of 700kms in a day. I cant imagine travelling 1650km's in 19.5hours. They dont call it saddle sore for nothing. After pondering i wanted to take a trial and on a impluse decided to ride to kolli hills the next day and return the same day. It would be around 900kms in one day and i would know my tolerance level if and when i decide to go for something like you. Plus i usually ride out with Madras Bullet club group and have not done solo trips in a long time. Tried it last friday and as luck would have it i got stuck due to the rains in kolli hills and stayed over night before returning next day. I had a great time and enjoyed every bit of it. I think i have fallen in love with solo riding but i am yet to find out whether i can do such long distance like you. Congratulations once again. Cheers
Thanks Raja. It is not a necessity to do 1000 kilometers in a day, what inspired me was "If any one can do it, why not me?" that attitude got me into Saddlesore ride and eventually got through in the first attempt itself.

And do post in log / pictures about Kolli Ride. I was with Madbulls 4 years back when i owned an Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallindinakara View Post
The roads that you selected are absolute delight to ride though I am amzed that you took the challenge to cover them on your bike. And you have narrated this really good that its a delight to read your post. Keep riding and writing
Thanks for reading and appreciating stallindinakara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s View Post
I'm lost for words. Seriously, what a ride!

There are those to talk and talk and those who walk the walk. You, my friend are definitely the latter.

Very inspiring to see a saddlsore accomplished without much planning/deliberation. Not to mention the stunning pics taken at such times! Kudos!

But what really bugs me is that our roads are so unsafe, that it takes a lot of **** to do such rides. Take your Sumo experience for example. It's really scary when you're alone and it's dark. It may make you seem a hero, but there is no denying the risks involved in such situations. Anyway, enough concerns have been expressed over this already.

Here's commending you again on the spectacular feat. Keep them coming I say.
Thanks for the nice words tejus.

Riding / Travelling is all about an experience and some times it turns sour. We dont ride / travel to be an hero or to show off but anti - social elements do exist in every part : Be it by thugs, brutal policing, etc. We have to live with it and make it home as safe as possible.
MadBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks