Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 12:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Road To the Sea. Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore. Again!

Wonderful, i don't think it would be fair to call this a TL, it deserves to be called a walking+talking manual for anyone doing a Goa trip. From the routes, food outlets, stay there is everything for anyone having any kind of questions in their mind.

I am planning to do a Goa trip post Diwali, and this will surely help us in planning and execution. Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 13:01   #77
BHPian

Wow. What detail ! If ever there is a poll for the most detailed TL, this would win it hands down It took me soo long to go through a Bangalore Goa TL of yours. I am just imagining what a Bangalore Leh TL of yours would be like. I guess I need to apply for leave for reading that. Lol.

We did the same route last Christmas. Brilliant roads, Laid back atmosphere, very less traffic, good hotels all through . It has all the right ingredients for a nice drive.

We are planning the same drive this year too, I want to include Dandeli since its on the way, let's see how it all plans out. Your TL will help me try out new hotels. Thanks for sharing

Last edited by Kimified : 17th October 2011 at 13:03.
Old 17th October 2011, 14:16   #78
BHPian

Well...look at the ingredients - a great car, great roads, great destination and a good camera. So the TL turned out great too.

Your onward pics are full of great roads, while the return pics show the bad roads. Looks like you did not like the idea of coming back.

The resort seems very impressive. Mind sharing cost?

Jazz is indeed a wonderful car. I wish it had an Auto, and it would have been mine instead of the City.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:54   #79
BHPian

You have taken a lot of trouble to put this TL together. If one could give it more than five stars, I would! It makes me want to buy a new Jazz (Alas! My wallet cannot afford this right now!) , take my family and hit the road to Goa straight away. I really loved the writeup on the restaurents. You had us foodies salivating with your photographs!
Regards,
Ashphil
Old 17th October 2011, 18:46   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Great narration and a great travelogue Suhaas!
The towels and the windmills were fantastic

Add me too
Thank you dude!

And we must seriously consider this. And maybe Leh too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
What a comprehensive travelouge!!

I just wasted 2 hrs of my productivity at work, Suhaas!

Its been an year since I went to Goa and this brought all memories back!
Haha! Well it's good that you found the time to go through it, Avinash, and I'm glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Wonderful, i don't think it would be fair to call this a TL, it deserves to be called a walking+talking manual for anyone doing a Goa trip. From the routes, food outlets, stay there is everything for anyone having any kind of questions in their mind.

I am planning to do a Goa trip post Diwali, and this will surely help us in planning and execution. Thanks
that is quite a compliment! Thank you Mayank! It really means a lot! Give me a call and I shall be of assistance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Wow. What detail ! If ever there is a poll for the most detailed TL, this would win it hands down It took me soo long to go through a Bangalore Goa TL of yours. I am just imagining what a Bangalore Leh TL of yours would be like. I guess I need to apply for leave for reading that. Lol.

We did the same route last Christmas. Brilliant roads, Laid back atmosphere, very less traffic, good hotels all through . It has all the right ingredients for a nice drive.

We are planning the same drive this year too, I want to include Dandeli since its on the way, let's see how it all plans out. Your TL will help me try out new hotels. Thanks for sharing
Lol! You're much too kind, Kimified! That's a huge compliment! And yes, I've expressed my thoughts on doing a Leh drive to my parents. And they've given it some thought too. it might well happen sometime soon. Watch this space, and make sure you take a few days off once the thread is up! *winks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Well...look at the ingredients - a great car, great roads, great destination and a good camera. So the TL turned out great too.

Your onward pics are full of great roads, while the return pics show the bad roads. Looks like you did not like the idea of coming back.

The resort seems very impressive. Mind sharing cost?

Jazz is indeed a wonderful car. I wish it had an Auto, and it would have been mine instead of the City.
Haha how'd you guess? I was actually driving while on the way to Goa and happened to drive over the bad roads. I wasn't behind the lens for a goof few hours! But that was the intention! The bad roads were a clue to the fact that we didn't like heading back!

The resort, I'm, told, charges 7.5k for a night for a room, including breakfast. But after a few calls, we managed a better deal, and that's why we decided to plonk ourselves there!

The Jazz has a few weak points though. The weakest being the lack of an AT option. It would have helped if it came with a diesel engine, but I'm guessing it wouldn't have been as much fun. it's pretty frugal anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
You have taken a lot of trouble to put this TL together. If one could give it more than five stars, I would! It makes me want to buy a new Jazz (Alas! My wallet cannot afford this right now!) , take my family and hit the road to Goa straight away. I really loved the writeup on the restaurents. You had us foodies salivating with your photographs!
Regards,
Ashphil
Many thanks Ashphil! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for more TLs from my side. We love our road trips!
Old 18th October 2011, 22:04   #81
BHPian

Woah man,a brilliant travelogue.As someone earlier said it looked like more of a watching movie,great narration,great use of words and some nice pics too.BTW what was the tarrif of resort where you stayed?,i guess that's truly royal.Really loved their unique way of using the towels,kudos to them.
acsandeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 00:06   #82
BHPian

Great write up Suhas we were planning our first ever maiden GOa trip and i knew no where else i could get a better travelogue than T bhp and here you go this will help me a lot to plan my trip. I am thinking of going there mid or end of nov. Thanks for the great write up and pics !!!
chethan25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:18   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Sat down earlier this afternoon and went through all of it again.

Amazing, amazing work my friend!

The attention you have put into all of the details of your entire trip is truly first-class., specially the eye you have for the finer and smaller details. The only word which comes to mind is "outstanding brilliance" (okay, that's two words!) and I am sure you would agree, proudly. Admit it, and don't deny it!

Superb thread. Deserves all the accolades it gets and a 6-star rating (if there ever was one in T-BHP forums). If we ever go to Goa via Bangalore, I will simply open this thread and print out the travelogue album. Won't be needing anything else!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd October 2011 at 20:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 23:07   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
Woah man,a brilliant travelogue.As someone earlier said it looked like more of a watching movie,great narration,great use of words and some nice pics too.BTW what was the tarrif of resort where you stayed?,i guess that's truly royal.Really loved their unique way of using the towels,kudos to them.
Thank you so much acsandeep! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan25 View Post
Great write up Suhas we were planning our first ever maiden GOa trip and i knew no where else i could get a better travelogue than T bhp and here you go this will help me a lot to plan my trip. I am thinking of going there mid or end of nov. Thanks for the great write up and pics !!!
many thanks Chethan. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Sat down earlier this afternoon and went through all of it again.

Amazing, amazing work my friend!

The attention you have put into all of the details of your entire trip is truly first-class., specially the eye you have for the finer and smaller details. The only word which comes to mind is "outstanding brilliance" (okay, that's two words!) and I am sure you would agree, proudly. Admit it, and don't deny it!

Superb thread. Deserves all the accolades it gets and a 6-star rating (if there ever was one in T-BHP forums). If we ever go to Goa via Bangalore, I will simply open this thread and print out the travelogue album. Won't be needing anything else!
I've had some serious compliments for this thread, some that have truly touched me, and this one goes right up there, along with them, Sir! Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

I'm not even sure what the finer and simpler details I seem to have 'the eye' for! lol

Could you let me know? I could perhaps improve on them.
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:07   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I've had some serious compliments for this thread, some that have truly touched me, and this one goes right up there, along with them, Sir! Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

I'm not even sure what the finer and simpler details I seem to have 'the eye' for! lol

Could you let me know? I could perhaps improve on them.
Just the overall detailing of every part of your journey, all aspects and finer points covered nicely, everything. It made me feel as if I was sharing the whole experience right there with you!

And you can't improve on perfection, my friend!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 22:17   #86

Suhas, Thanks a lot for your travelogue. I took the same route that you suggested to Goa and I LOVED IT. It was an awesome experience.

My drive was little more conservative thanks to my kid. We stayed over in Hubli and then drove to Margao. We stayed at Nanu resorts in Betalbatim beach. Overall a great trip. Thanks a lot for your inputs.
shch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 19:33   #87
BHPian

@Suhaas307

Wondering where to start. Just superb, excellent work. I think i was virtually there through the write up. Felt like Harry Potter. Nothing Less, nothing More..just adequate.

Thanks for sharing the straight-from-the-heart TL. Planning to make a trip in few days. Will PM you for some more info.

Keep it up!
DigitalDragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 21:17   #88
BHPian

Suhas, Thanks a lot for a wonderful TL. Brought back memories of the incredible time I had during my 2 year stint at Goa.

I am planning a road trip to Goa in the 1st week of Nov and your TL has come at just about the right time. However, going through your TL has induced a lot of restlessness in me Can't wait for my trip now.

Glad to see the additional focus on food in your TL Goa indeed has some wonderful food joints. One can travel to Goa only for food if not for anything else.

Since you are a seasoned Bangalore - Goa traveler, i guess you would be having an idea about the Hubli - Dandeli- Panaji route? How is the road condition and is it a good idea to take this route?
champ27 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks