Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 14:41   #1
BHPian

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings

Mostly, National Parks are closed during monsoon and open by October 1, 2011 onwards. However, Tadoba is an exception. So, planned to visit Tadoba during August 14-15, 2011. However, this time Forest Department closed Tadoba partially during Monsoon. So, I cancelled my August trip. Really, frustrating to sit idle without jungle trip. No jungle visit from June 2011 to end-September 2011. As news was coming that Tadoba will open from October 1, 2011. By looking at my calendar, I thought why not a visit during Oct 6-9, 2011 as October 6, 2011 was Dussehra holiday. Booked all tickets in advance and called up some of my jungleee friends viz., Vinit Arora, Varun Thakkar and Naren Mukherjee. All agree for some rounds of safari, as I was going for six safari rounds. Booked with the best gypsy drive i.e., Bondu Mannkar. Booked MTDC for one night and rest two days at Saras Resort. Wife also agreed to join, leaving two kids with my Mother, we two started for Nagpur by Duranto Express after Office. Just two days before starting for Nagpur, Varun confrmed that Vinit and he will come with their car to pick up us from station and then we can proceed to Tadoba together. Varun called up around 5.30 a.m. and enquired about train running schedule. I replied that I do not have any idea, once I reach station I will inform you. Reached Nagpur by 6.40 a.m. Then, SMS Varun that I am waiting at Comesum Restaurant, our usual meeting place. No reply for 20 minutes, then I thought some problem. He was sleeping, when I called him up. However, came very fast with Vinit Bhai and we started for Tadoba.

Vinit Bhai is a birdier, we took a shortest route to Tadoba while doing some birding on the way. Finally, reached Tadoba around 1.30 p.m. We checked-in at MTDC and ordered lunch and got ready for enter our Mecca i.e., Tadoba. While talking to Bondu, he said still routes are not opened, lots of confusion about routes. Nothing was transparent which route is open and which route is closed, which was a disappointing. Finally, entered the park and the greenery stole my heart.

We did six rounds of jungle Safari. First three round's Best pictures, i am sharing now and later another three rounds.

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-tadoba-road-oct-20112-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-road-tadoba-oct-201159-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-che-tadoba-oct-201159-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-bee-eater-tadoba-oct-20118-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-dragon-fly-tadoba-oct-20118-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-egret-tadoba-oct-20118-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-malkoha-tadoba-oct-20118-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-paradise-fly-cat-tad-oct-201159-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-roalertadoba-oct-201159-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-sambhar-male-tadoba-oct-201145-copy.jpg

Cheers!
Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 15:35   #2
BHPian

Re: Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sighti

Subrat Nice clicks especially 3rd one. Which bird is that?

Do you have some trips palnned for November, if possible will like to join in.

Last edited by scrooze : 13th October 2011 at 15:36.
Old 13th October 2011, 15:35   #3
BHPian

Re: Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sighti

wow - great pictures. I did goto to TATR on the Aug 15th w/e together with Dr. Abheek and it was a fun trip. It was a big group and we did 3 safaris, saw Bagdo male tiger
Old 13th October 2011, 15:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Subrat Nice clicks especially 3rd one. Which bird is that?

Do you have some trips palnned for November, if possible will like to join in.
Thank you so much. That is Changeable Hawk eagle. No plan for now as most of the sighting routes are not opened. Thinking of December 2011 or else i will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
wow - great pictures. I did goto to TATR on the Aug 15th w/e together with Dr. Abheek and it was a fun trip. It was a big group and we did 3 safaris, saw Bagdo male tiger
Thanks Sach.sri for liking. Thats a huge tiger i have seen so far.

Subrat
Old 13th October 2011, 15:59   #5
BHPian

After three rounds of dry run, while taking our tea in the evening, Bondu said Sir, we will enter the park first in the morning. All decided to reach early at the gate. Had our dinner and slept. As usual alarm rung at 4.30 a.m. and i was not in a mood to get up. Somebody knocked at the door. It was a utter surprise to see the tea boy of Saras Resort is knocking. Asked wifey to open.

I asked what happend, who is there.

She replied: Tea boy with tea. I jump form bed. What you are talking? This is some miracle in Saras resort.

Got ready and reached at the gate by 5.15 a.m. Another 45 minutes to go. We were second in the que. Everyone was at the core of frustration. Vinit and Varun said lets change the sitting position. Ok. Done. We do/belive in all kinds of superstitions, when in national park.

Then, i told Varun and Vinit that Saras gave me morning tea. All three, Bondu (driver), Vinit and Varun looked at me and said what...........R u sure?

Bondu said Aapla Saras Subhe chai diya (our Saras gave your morning tea).

Something wrong man? Today some miracle going to happened.
Actually in my last one year visit (many times), saras never serve tea at the door in the morning.

Finally, we entered at 6.00 a.m. and by 6.07 a.m. God smiled at me with my dream sighting. I always wanted a perfect Tadoba shot like Tiger on the main road walking and both side green grass and morning sky smiling.
Lets not bore you much.

Lets the photo speak for it self.

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-tadoba282-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-tadoba2892-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-telia-female-oct-2011316-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-telia-female-oct-2011382-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-telia-female-tadoba-oct-201145-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-telia-female-tadoba-oct-2011344-copy.jpg

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-telia-female-tadoba-oct-2011393-copy.jpg

This was the first ever sighting in Mohurli after monsoon (guide & driver). This tigress had two cubs but too arogant. This sighting was for 25 minutes but not once she looked back. She did not bother about around 5-6 gypsies running behind her. Ours was the second one.

Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 16:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post

Thanks Sach.sri for liking. Thats a huge tiger i have seen so far.

Subrat

you are absolutely right - huge tiger . They say that it is a very shy animal and not many sightings of this tiger. So i guess we were lucky!

Quote:
Finally, we entered at 6.00 a.m. and by 6.07 a.m. God smiled at me with my dream sighting. I always wanted a perfect Tadoba shot like Tiger on the main road walking and both side green grass and morning sky smiling.
Subrat
This is also how we saw the Tiger. Infact, if not for an over zealous gypsy driver who went too close, we would have had a long sighting as well. He looked like wanting to walk on the road in-front of us. Alas! that could not be
Old 13th October 2011, 16:37   #7

Great set of pictures there. Please keep it coming. Any close up shots of the big cat?
Old 13th October 2011, 20:31   #8
BHPian

Some really amazing stuff my friend. I had been to kanha about 15 years back when i was in college. Couldnt see the tiger but managed a panther. The photographs are really beautiful and brings the majestic nature of the animal in true form.

This is kind of stuff you remember in true Hi Def memories for your entire life.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
Great set of pictures there. Please keep it coming. Any close up shots of the big cat?
Thank you. I will upload. Got some really close shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Some really amazing stuff my friend. I had been to kanha about 15 years back when i was in college. Couldnt see the tiger but managed a panther. The photographs are really beautiful and brings the majestic nature of the animal in true form.

This is kind of stuff you remember in true Hi Def memories for your entire life.
Since last one year, i have done many rounds in different national parks. I have captures around 18 different Tiger/Tigress from Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Tadoba. However, not seen a Panther so far. You are lucky. Thanks for your appreciation.

Subrat
Old 13th October 2011, 22:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I will upload. Got some really close shots.

Since last one year, i have done many rounds in different national parks. I have captures around 18 different Tiger/Tigress from Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Tadoba. However, not seen a Panther so far. You are lucky. Thanks for your appreciation.

Subrat
Thanks to you too...I guess its pure luck that comes into play when it comes to wildlife. you can never be sure of what you will experience. In kanha, we could very clearly hear the mating calls of a tiger and tigress ( as per the guide, who was very experienced), which is quite rare. On the lighter part, with 6 of us in the gypsy, there was not a single pic of the panther as everyone panicked, some clicked without removing the cover and others had either finished the roll or the camrea fell down.. Reason?? The panther came out all of a sudden just a few metres away (5m i think).
Old 14th October 2011, 11:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
On the lighter part, with 6 of us in the gypsy, there was not a single pic of the panther as everyone panicked, some clicked without removing the cover and others had either finished the roll or the camrea fell down.. Reason?? The panther came out all of a sudden just a few metres away (5m i think).
Hahaha. Oh no. Definitely, it happens to me also. But i do not get panicky but get tensed sometime to get a good angle. I prefer to see them through my lenses than with my naked eyes.

After the morning miracle in Mohurli range, we headed towards Tadoba range. Upon reaching at the gate, we took a break and saw the notice board. To our surprise, a new route was opened i.e., Kosba Lane. We were the only gypsy planning to enter Tadoba range and others were busy with Wagdow male sighting at Telia.

The moment we entered Kosba Lane, we saw fresh pugmark of two tiger/tigress. Without seeing the tiger, Bondu asked us to keep our camera ready.

By the time we keep our cameras ready, two semi adult tigers were on the road. One immediately went inside the thickets. Another tigress was stalking a deer. It was a lifetime moment for all of us. No gypsy, utter silence. The tigress was still for 4-5 minutes. We captured the brilliant moments without disturbing her. Here are the pictures.

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-tadoba-cub-charging417-copy.jpg

Just before the final Charge.

Beginning of a Brand New Season at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve with Grand Sightings-tadoba-cub-charging450-copy.jpg

I made a lifetime blunder here. As the tigress was still, i thought she will take some time for the final charge. Just for three second i missed the jump.

Subrat
Old 14th October 2011, 12:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Subrat,

The last picture of the Tigress, looking straight into the camera with all the sinewy muscles showing up, is an awesome shoot.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:52   #13
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pics of the tigress. Lovely thread Subrat. I haven't been to Tadoba yet but would love to go sometime soon.

More pics please. Keep up the good work !!
Old 14th October 2011, 13:58   #14

Last photo of the tigress is just amazing. Such an innocent look for a fearsome predator.
Old 14th October 2011, 14:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Subrat,

The last picture of the Tigress, looking straight into the camera with all the sinewy muscles showing up, is an awesome shoot.
Thank you GD Sir for liking. This sighting was the best so far for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Awesome pics of the tigress. Lovely thread Subrat. I haven't been to Tadoba yet but would love to go sometime soon.

More pics please. Keep up the good work !!
Thank you so much for liking. Just wait for sometime, till all routes are opened. Most of the sighting routes are closed. Tadoba is going to rock this season.

I will share some more for sure.

Subrat

Most Viewed