Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 10:27   #16
vns

Re: Seedha, ondhe roadu! - Road Trip to North West Karnataka

Very nice first post ! If you had time you could've visited Aanegondi (near Hampi) to see the rock hills enroute and also the birth place of Hanuman (as per the legend).

Next time when you have time, plan for Eihole and Pattadakallu also
Old 7th November 2011, 14:21   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Amazing TL!! So, how much time you took to reach Gokarna from Hubli and what's the road condition like?
It's brilliant! You'll thank me forever if you drive on this road.

I didn't measure the time. It was a split journey. I went to Magod falls, spent some time there and then went to Gokarna. I think it takes approximately 2.5 hours from Hubli... give or take 20-30 minutes.
Old 7th November 2011, 17:15   #18
BHPian

Hey Shiva, nice post. I am from that part of Karnataka and have spent all my childhood and teen years in places like: gangawati, koppala, hospet etc. All the places that you have mentioned are very familiar to me!

Just was wondering, there is another route from hyderabad to hubli via raichur, why didn't you opt for that? most of the buses plying between hubli and hyderabad take the raichur route. As the left canal of tungabhadra dam passes besides this route, its laden with paddy fields all the way till koppala. after that it gets a little drier. between koppala and gadag, you could have spotted the black buks! they are a common site on the black soil fields there!

Keep such post coming!
Cheers
Old 8th November 2011, 17:39   #19
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Shiva. Thanks for your nice travelogue. The photos are amazing. Travelogue becomes more interesting if the roads are good. Waiting for your next Autobahn report with more photos.
Old 15th February 2012, 13:02   #20
BHPian

Very nice TL there Shiva. Your Magod pics are simply superb.

I was pleasently surprised that such a beautiful place existed near Hubli (its my native place, but I never stayed there for long. My parents are now settled in Hubli after retirement). The places visited by you are on my hit-list next time i visit Hubli. Thanks for sharing and expect many more such TLs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks