Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 10:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Kolar is on the Old-Madras Road after Chitoor.
So, one doesn't need to go all the way to Bangalore.
Thanks, nitrous sir, my bad.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:58   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
from chennai
chennai-chittor-palamaner- madanapalle-HH.
at palamaner town there is a diversion for madanapalle. take it.it ismuch shorter than taking chittor-palamaner-kolar-chintamani-madanapalle-HH
Yes, this is the shortest route from Chennai. Also the best.

At Palamner town on NH4, watch out for a circle on your right with a statue. Turn right at this statue to head towards Madanapalle via Punganuru.

Palamner to Punganuru is an absolute delight.
Old 18th June 2007, 21:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Yes, this is the shortest route from Chennai. Also the best.

At Palamner town on NH4, watch out for a circle on your right with a statue. Turn right at this statue to head towards Madanapalle via Punganuru.

Palamner to Punganuru is an absolute delight.
Can someone please post the distances between the below stops please?

Old 19th June 2007, 08:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Can someone please post the distances between the below stops please?

Pls buy a map (Eicher Road Atlas 2007) when u plan for trips in car....

FYI,
Chennai - Chittor = 165km
Chittor - Palamner = 41km
Palamner - Madanapalle = 55km
Madanapalle - HH = 20km

Abhi
Old 12th March 2008, 09:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Need advice on present road conditions on -

Route 1 - Bangalore – Hoskote – Chintamani – Madanapalle – HH .

Route 2–
Bangalore – Hoskote – Kolar – Srinivaspura - Madanapalle – HH.

Which route is currently better to take?
Old 12th March 2008, 12:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Any inputs folks I plan to leave tomorrow.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Any inputs folks I plan to leave tomorrow.
Both route has their share of bad stretches hence suggest you to take the shorter Chintamani route, roads are excellent in AP about 10km before madanapalle not sure about the Karnataka side.
Dont worry, you will encounter occassional potholes, hence be slow.

Abhi
Old 11th November 2009, 11:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Both route has their share of bad stretches hence suggest you to take the shorter Chintamani route, roads are excellent in AP about 10km before madanapalle not sure about the Karnataka side.
Dont worry, you will encounter occassional potholes, hence be slow.

Abhi
I'm planning for a trip from chennai to horsley sooner. Would like to know ASAP, How many hairpin bends are there while climbing uphill? Are the roads wider enough to drive with ease?

Please help
Old 12th November 2009, 06:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
I'm planning for a trip from chennai to horsley sooner. Would like to know ASAP, How many hairpin bends are there while climbing uphill? Are the roads wider enough to drive with ease?

Please help
There are not many hairpins (may be 10-12, i dont remember exactly), not that steep either. Roads are wide and almost without any traffic so it should be ease.

Abhi
Old 15th January 2010, 17:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Kandinya Wildlife Sanctuary route

Does Anyone know the exact road route to Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary from Madanapalle / Chittoor / Horsley Hills? I cannot find correct directions on the Net. It just says the same thing 87 kms from Chitoor. 50 kms from Madanapalle, near Palamner. Even Google Maps does not recognize the place.

Any Guidance Please.

PS: I am planning this for next weekend.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:20   #41
BHPian

ssengo: Did you make it to HH? Can you give details about your trip including start/end time, stay, food, snaps etc? What was the route taken?
Old 1st February 2010, 19:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

My Visit To Horsley - Chennai to Horsley and Back

Guys,

I had been to Horsley Hills over the weekend. We started on 30th Jan 2010 in my Santro at 7:00 am from Chennai. Stopped at Porur Ramas for Breakfast. finished Breakfast and started again. Could make good speed and time till Ranipet Toll Plaza. It is two lane (one up -one down) till Horsley so i had to cut speed and maintain not more than 60-80 kmph.

I would like to present my views on the time taken. Some posts mention that it takes around 4.5 hours to Horsley from Chennai. I took around 6 hours. Left at 7:30 and reached at 1:30 pm. I drive by following the speed limit and never overtake in curves / blind corners.

Route:
Chennai - Poonamalle - Hyundai Motor Company Factory - Toll Plaza - Ranipet Toll Plaza - Take right (sign board indicating Walajahpet / Chittoor) - Ranipet - Muthukadai - Walajahpet - Chittoor byepass - Palamner Town - Right at junction with a statue - Punganuru - Madanapalle - Horsley

There are adequate sign boards at all junctions. Follow the Sign Boards and you will make it to Horsley in a breeze. Alternatively, you could search on Google Maps for the route. It is Accurate. I Took a printout from Google Maps and It did really help.

Lunch At Harita APTDC Restaurant was tasty. We had a buffet lunch @ 90 per head. Not Much places to see. One the way there is a board indicating that we could see Deer, Sambars etc... We stopped for taking a llook, but could not see any animal. This place is around 2-3 kms from the Ghat Climb / Ghat Toll Point. Decent Drive till Horsley. One Km before horsley, there is a board for "Deer Rehabilitation Center" and a platform. We stopped but sadly no deer. A view point, An Old Tree and a Micro zoo are all that are there in Horsley. The zoo had Rabbit, Duck, Pigeon etc. All are my favorite (on the Table ). The place was cool and the stay was very relaxing.

We started from Horsley at 7:00 am on 31st and rached by 1:00 pm on Sunday at home.
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

A few quick tips on HH Trip. This would be useful to someone who travels. I had the same queries on my mind before I Left
  • Leave As early as possible from Chennai to beat traffic.
  • Sign Boards are present at every Junction to Guide you
  • HH is a 12:00 noon - 12:00 noon system and NOT a 24 hrs Check-out system. Owing to this, plan to reach HH by 11:00 am and not earlier.However you can visit some spot if you reach earlier
  • Enroute There will be boards indicating Der, Sambar, Fowl etc, but really not worth Waiting and taking a look as there is nothing there.
  • Driving at safe speeds, not overtaking in curves / blind corners, sticking to 50kmph in villages, including Bio and Breakfast stops it will take 6 solid hours from Chennai to reach
  • Roads are Good Till Madanapalle. Chennai - Ranipet Toll Post - GQ 4 Lane. Ranipet - Madanapalle Good Roads but Single Lane (1 up - 1 down) Madanapalle - HH Single Lane Average Potholed roads.
  • DO NOT Speed even if the Roads are tempting on the Chittoor stretch. I flashed lights at an oncoming Indigo who was on the wrong side, He steered left and his left rear-view mirror was broken into pieces as his mirror ploughed into the right side of a truck. Nothing happened to the car.
  • Another Incident near Chittoor, A Bharati Travels Bus was oncoming at a high speed and i was flashing lights. I stopped and the bus also stopped inches from my car. I was doing 70 kmph on my stock Santro.
  • Food at Harita (Punnami) Restaurant is Good. It is Typical Andhra Food. There are other Shops that Take "Food On Order" and supply, but I heard that Their Quality is not Good. I did not get a chance to Try the food. (Hotel Salma and Hotel Ajmer).
  • Plenty Of Parking Available. Even a Tempo Traveler can turn easily.
  • Free Parking
  • In Madanapalle, Try Gongura Restaurant (Pure Veg, Excellent Breakfast, No Parking space even for Nano / Reva) near the APSRTC Bus Station.
  • Technically There is an APSRTC From Madanapalle to HH at 6:30am, 7:30am and 3:30 pm but having a car is the best option. It is really a pain in the neck to use Bus to HH.
If There are any more Queries just let me know and i will answer them as far as i can.

Cheers
Old 5th March 2010, 12:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone travelled from Bangalore recently, need update on the road condition. We are planning a trip on 3 cars (Mostly Palio,Santro and Accent) and heard some stretch is real bad for small vehicles
Old 5th March 2010, 14:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

I have been there recently. Road is excellent till Madanapalle. Beyond it becomes bad but not unmanageable. It can be done easily by any car. Route to take from Bangalore -

NH4(old Madras Road) --> Hoskote --> statehighway to Madanapalle via chintamani.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks