Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 10:34   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The JetŪ flies to Munnar: A 1000 km blast to God's own mountains

Great travelogue Karthik and don't be surprised if the Kerala Tourism guys start linking to this thread to boost traffic to Munnar!

Fabulous pictures- you have really made love to the TJet with that lens! Understandable since this is such a beauty.

The TJet is my favourite C sedan at the moment and had I not wanted an AT desperately, would certainly have gone ahead and bought it.

Time to plan a roadtrip to Kerala, methinks!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 10:41   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Your T-Jet looks awesome! the pics too! and a nice write-up.
My next trip would be to Munnar.
Thanks! Don't miss a chance to drive to this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lf View Post
Good clean writeup Karthikk. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

How come you didn't include any pictures of the fireworks? It's one of the favorite events photographers like to take, and it sure would be interesting to see how the fireworks looked in a hill station.
Thanks! Oh the reason is because I didn't take any pictures of the fireworks at all. I was myself lighting crackers there along with some other guests, so my hands were a bit soiled with gunpowder I should have got some shots, my bad
Old 9th December 2011, 13:04   #48
BHPian

Nice Travelogue Karthik! Lovely shots, esp the waterfalls. Linea rear three quarter looks stunning. Did you have a chance to get wet in the waterfalls?
RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 16:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue Karthik. Loved every piece and every pic. You are good at photography.

Munnar seems to be a great place to be. I have to plan my next holiday here. Unfortunately, I cant think of driving to Munnar all the way from Pune in my Vista. Wish we had self-driven cars on rent and there was TJET to be hired.

So is Diwali the best time to be in Munnar? Does Munnar have all kinds of hotels, economy to luxury? What kind of food is available, Mallu cusine, veg/non-veg?

Finally, the TJET looks majestic in all those pics. Truly beautiful!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 17:24   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Great travelogue Karthik and don't be surprised if the Kerala Tourism guys start linking to this thread to boost traffic to Munnar!

Fabulous pictures- you have really made love to the TJet with that lens! Understandable since this is such a beauty.

The TJet is my favourite C sedan at the moment and had I not wanted an AT desperately, would certainly have gone ahead and bought it.

Time to plan a roadtrip to Kerala, methinks!
Thanks a lot noopster! try to drive down to Kerala sometime now in the winter. Fabulous weather, fantastic roads all the way and you can enjoy driving the Vento throughout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
Nice Travelogue Karthik! Lovely shots, esp the waterfalls. Linea rear three quarter looks stunning. Did you have a chance to get wet in the waterfalls?
Thanks! I did enter the waterfalls but only the smaller ones inside the estate. The large one in the pics is out of bounds, way too violent waters. In fact getting into the water is prohibited at that big waterfall because of the water force. I would have probably gone to Cochin in that flowing water, with the amount of water force there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Excellent travelogue Karthik. Loved every piece and every pic. You are good at photography.

Munnar seems to be a great place to be. I have to plan my next holiday here. Unfortunately, I cant think of driving to Munnar all the way from Pune in my Vista. Wish we had self-driven cars on rent and there was TJET to be hired.

So is Diwali the best time to be in Munnar? Does Munnar have all kinds of hotels, economy to luxury? What kind of food is available, Mallu cusine, veg/non-veg?

Finally, the TJET looks majestic in all those pics. Truly beautiful!
Thanks ajay! There are some good self drive cars like Fiesta and City that can be hired but I'm not sure if they'll allow such long distances *lol*

Diwali was actually a little too early for a Munnar trip. The best weather happens now in December and January, when the mist and chilly weather is at its peak. Munnar has all kinds of hotels for every budget point. Try staying at a tea estate resort or plantation to get the best feel of the hills. I absolutely loved it, and I doubt I will go back to regular hotels again

Food is not at all a problem. North Indian / south indian / continental / chinese food are available at practically every food joint there. Even vegetarians won't have any problem anywhere (I am myself a veggie). Kerala cuisine is definitely worth a try in this place, we loved whatever kerala delicacies they served us during our stay.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th December 2011 at 17:32.
Old 10th December 2011, 08:44   #51
Team-BHP Support

Just curious, do you have more pictures of this log & the T-Jet which aren't up yet? Request you to please upload them.
Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 12:10   #52
BHPian

Excellent travelogue, Karthik! And superb photos. Enjoyed them!! The black T-Jet looks awesome around greenery. The contrast in colours makes it stand out very well!!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 12:53   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Just curious, do you have more pictures of this log & the T-Jet which aren't up yet? Request you to please upload them.
Thanks
There are a few more. I'll upload them sometime during the next few days, since they need to be converted from raw to JPEG format

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Excellent travelogue, Karthik! And superb photos. Enjoyed them!! The black T-Jet looks awesome around greenery. The contrast in colours makes it stand out very well!!
Thanks a lot nilesh, glad you liked them
Old 11th December 2011, 21:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue Karthik and those were some really lovely photographs of Munnar. Brought back loads of memories of my earlier trip(s) to that place.
BTW, I'm now so interested to drive a T-jet someday on a twisty highway after reading about your car
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 22:13   #55

Great writeup. Wonderful pics. I can imagine your feeling while driving the TJet. I own one (in black too) and have driven it to Chennai, Thanjavur, Trichy, Ooty and its just great. The best car for the highway. Your pictures were too good. Poster shots for the tourism guys or travel mags.
Mella is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 11:21   #56
h14
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue with excellent pictures. Thanks a lot for sharing.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 20:44   #57
BHPian

The Italian beauty looks stunning man ! With such a car, climbing ghats is a breeze.
Vdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 20:03   #58
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Awesome travelogue Karthikk. Seems you handle Nikon very well as you do with T-jet.

Yes, In TN especially the western districts have better roads. NH47 from Cochin to Salem via Coimbatore, Sengapalli (near Tirupur) is not part of GQ. It is the extension of North-South Corridor.

Last edited by RGK : 13th December 2011 at 20:04.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 07:46   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Excellent travelogue Karthik and those were some really lovely photographs of Munnar. Brought back loads of memories of my earlier trip(s) to that place.
BTW, I'm now so interested to drive a T-jet someday on a twisty highway after reading about your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mella View Post
Great writeup. Wonderful pics. I can imagine your feeling while driving the TJet. I own one (in black too) and have driven it to Chennai, Thanjavur, Trichy, Ooty and its just great. The best car for the highway. Your pictures were too good. Poster shots for the tourism guys or travel mags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Wonderful travelogue with excellent pictures. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
The Italian beauty looks stunning man ! With such a car, climbing ghats is a breeze.
Thanks a ton guys! Glad you liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Awesome travelogue Karthikk. Seems you handle Nikon very well as you do with T-jet.

Yes, In TN especially the western districts have better roads. NH47 from Cochin to Salem via Coimbatore, Sengapalli (near Tirupur) is not part of GQ. It is the extension of North-South Corridor.
Thanks! Oh the Salem-Coimbatore wasn't part of GQ? My bad! I thought it was all part of the GQ. Thanks for the correction. The road quality was top notch though, I would rate it even better than the GQ roads.
Old 14th December 2011, 13:56   #60
BHPian

Mind blowing travelogue ... ! Very well versed too

I drive a Linea 1.4 and wouldn't dare slap a "Got BHP?" sticker on it (for 90 obvious reasons)

"The Jet" is the current Fiat car that one could aptly stick "Got BHP?" on it. And why not?

Cheers!
inreverse is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks