Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 13:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Nagpur NH7 (or now NH44) in one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
Thanks XH_Vee for the details for Blr -Ngp road condition. I am also planning to go to Ngp in couple of month by Car and this travelogues will be very helpful. As you said the stretch between wadki and wadner is really bad, so how bad actually it is ? is it full of potholes and do you have any photos for that stretch ?

Regards,

HarryB
Wadki - Wadner stretch is mostly single lane (per side) either full of potholes or just gravel road. To make matters worse, there is considerable truck traffic which is difficult to pass due to unpredictable potholes.

I did not take pics because I did that stretch in poor light both to and fro. But I googled and found one pic...
Attached Images

Old 19th December 2011, 21:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Its been 2 years now i am travelling from Bangalore to my home town Bhilai by train during Diwali(parents moved back to home town), your travelogue gave me a courage to do Bangalore to Bhilai.
Still I feel it would be better if this can be done with 2 people knowing driving.
Let me see if can give a try during next year Diwali, i need to cover 250-275 more kms from Nagpur.
Thanks for the details, really helpful.
BTW you have lovely bike .
I did Bangalore-Bhilai this Summer in May.I left Bangalore at 4 AM and was totally exhausted just after Nagpur (reached there by 11 PM). Took a 3 Hour break at a petrol pump just after Bhandara. Ended up reaching Bhilai next morning at 7 AM. Definitely 2 people driving would be a good idea.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 11:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XH_Vee View Post
Wadki - Wadner stretch is mostly single lane (per side) either full of potholes or just gravel road. To make matters worse, there is considerable truck traffic which is difficult to pass due to unpredictable potholes.

I did not take pics because I did that stretch in poor light both to and fro. But I googled and found one pic...

Thanks Xe_Vee. Can understand the frustration after driving with 3 laned roads for the most part of the journey and then switching to single lane potholed ridden roads. Planning to drive in the morning and take a break in Hyd and then continue the next day to Ngp. Will keep you all posted with my experience.

Cheers,

HarryB
Old 20th December 2011, 11:42   #34
BANNED

Wife got DL and doing good driving around, hope by Diwali we both should be confident enough on her driving skills to go on such long distance.
Nice to see another Bhilian in Bangalore and in team bhp.
Old 21st December 2011, 08:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Thats a good update and I liked the way you have marked 'Red' spots on NH44.

I have done this stretch 'alone', both to & fro in last December. The road condition was more or less same.

While my BLR - NGP journey was at night and took me 14.5 Hrs (including breaks); return journey was during the day which took 13.5 Hrs (including breaks).

But I was more tired after a day journey than the one at night. May be it was a sunny day or I faced more traffic.

I wish to do it again soon.
BLR-NGP in 14 hours is super fast considering the bad sections in between. Do you drive a BMW or something?I drive a Civic and had to take the bad sections very slowly. I had used your timing/toll spreadsheet for my trip and could never keep up with your timings.Had hoped to drive to Bhilai non stop but had to break 200 kms before Bhilai.
Old 21st December 2011, 12:36   #36
BHPian

Hi Ramanak,
I am happy that my spreadsheet helped you. Well, I drive Ritz vxi and could reach nagpur fast since I was alone. (So, lesser stops & no distraction)

Last edited by neo45007 : 21st December 2011 at 12:42.
Old 25th December 2011, 18:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

We are going to start for Raipur tomorrow in the afternoon after getting the car serviced. Planning to stay overnight at Hyderabad.

Where would you recommend we stay, preferably on outskirts of HYD so as i don't waste a lot of time in the morning continuing towards Nagpur.
Old 25th December 2011, 18:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
We are going to start for Raipur tomorrow in the afternoon after getting the car serviced. Planning to stay overnight at Hyderabad.

Where would you recommend we stay, preferably on outskirts of HYD so as i don't waste a lot of time in the morning continuing towards Nagpur.
Hotel Sitara Grand, Kukatpally, Hyderabad.
WELCOME TO HOTEL SITARA GRAND

This hotel is on NH9 (Bombay road), very close to the Miyapur Cross which you will take to bypass most of the city on the Hyderabad Airport (on NH7, south side)-Shamsabad Expressway/ORR-Gachibowli-Miyapur Cross-Medak Road-Medchal (on NH7, north side)
Old 12th April 2018, 15:01   #39
BHPian

Reviving an old thread as the road conditions between Nagpur and Bangalore has vastly improved. I have done Nagpur-Hyderabad-Nagpur for the last 4-5 years in summers. comfortably in 6-6:30 hrs in a corolla,swift,M800, and XUV.
This year plan to drive till Bangalore after taking a lunch break at my cousins in Gachibowli. How much time will the Hyd-Bng leg of the trip take and is it doable in a single day by a single driver. I always leave Nagpur before 6am. Plan to start at 4:30 this time. Inputs are welcome.
Old 12th April 2018, 15:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
How much time will the Hyd-Bng leg of the trip take and is it doable in a single day by a single driver.
Hyderabad-Bangalore can be done in 6 to 6.5 hours by a single driver easily if you are not too tired. There are multiple pit stops available throughout so you can always stop for a quick stop if you are tired. I have done this stretch multiple times and have driven alone most of the times.

The roads are excellent and you can maintain an average of 95-99 kmph easily.

The same can't be said about the traffic after the International Airport at Bangalore. That would totally depend on the time you reach there and your luck
get2bid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 16:37   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This year plan to drive till Bangalore after taking a lunch break at my cousins in Gachibowli. How much time will the Hyd-Bng leg of the trip take and is it doable in a single day by a single driver. I always leave Nagpur before 6am. Plan to start at 4:30 this time. Inputs are welcome.
Usually 6-6.5 Hours from ORR Exit (Hyderabad) to KIAL toll (Bangalore) with steady speeds and all breaks.

Then I recollect very well from my past drive from Delhi that Nagpur - Hyderabad ORR Entry (At Medchal) took somewhere around 5/5.5 Hours.

Realistically, if you were driving without a detour, with your breaks for fuel and food, with speeds between 100-120 KMPH, you can very well do Nagpur - Hyderabad in under 13-14 Hours with ease. Add your detour and lunch break at Hyderabad to this.

I will be driving to Nagpur end of this month from Bangalore, and will be starting at 0400 since my destination is beyond Nagpur (not any of the Tiger reserves :-) ). And I know that roads between Adilabad and MH Border are in better shape today, compared to only 18 months back. Its patched and its better if not good. So that improves the timings by some margin.
Old 12th April 2018, 16:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Usually 6-6.5 Hours from ORR Exit (Hyderabad) to KIAL toll (Bangalore) with steady speeds and all breaks.

I will be driving to Nagpur end of this month from Bangalore, and will be starting at 0400 since my destination is beyond Nagpur (not any of the Tiger reserves :-) ). And I know that roads between Adilabad and MH Border are in better shape today, compared to only 18 months back. Its patched and its better if not good. So that improves the timings by some margin.
Do let me know your timings till Nagpur, and also the road condition
1)wadki-wadner before hinganghat.
2)around Pandharkawda
3) Hinganghat ROB.
Old 12th April 2018, 16:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do let me know your timings till Nagpur, and also the road condition
1)wadki-wadner before hinganghat.
2)around Pandharkawda
3) Hinganghat ROB.
I will surely report back once I am back at the end of this month. But here is how it was in 2016:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
  • Nagpur – Adilabad:– Mostly bad and that was indeed a big surprise that this route remains in such a pathetic condition. I usually stay away from referring to roads as very bad but I would call this really bad. It may have been worse before but what it is today is no good anyway. Badly managed diversions, huge potholes, truck traffic ‘et al. I would call this nothing better than Gwalior – Jhansi which was equally bad

• Adilabad – Hyderabad – ORR – Kurnool Bangalore: No specific remarks, good roads all the way including the usually wonderfully managed Hyderabad ORR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks