Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Blr-Hubli-Shirdi-Mahabaleshwar-Tarkarli-Bangalore (6 nights 7 days - A sequel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Did you find it easy to navigate Pune city? What route will you recommend for newbies going through Pune city - and what is the state of signages?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Well, it was not difficult and the traffic was bad only as were leaving town, just a couple of wrong turns but we made it out of the city. We took the first entry from NH4 into Pune city and followed the road till Swargate, a couple of enquiries at Swargate and we were on the Old Pune-Mumbai highway and there till the Nashik turnoff was a no brainer.
The two most important words, for someone travelling from the Bangalore end towards Nashik, are "Swargate" (appears first) and "Nashik Phata" (apprears next and the point to turn off from the old Pune-Mumbai highway towards Nashik). Everyone in Pune seemed to know these two places and I was able to navigate from NH4 towards the Nashik highway, with help from auto and 2-wheeler drivers at the traffic stops.

Signage till one hits the Pune-Mumbai highway were few and far between. But then the Pune-ites were very helpful.
Old 26th November 2011, 17:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blr-Hubli-Shirdi-Mahabaleshwar-Tarkarli-Bangalore (6 nights 7 days - A sequel)

@lukeskywalker,

Nice travelogue in fast-forward mode.
Had you missed Sindhudurg fort at Malawan near Tarkarli?
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 14:54   #18
BHPian

Very Nice travelogue. Will certainly be a direction for me when I will take the Shirdi trip post Feb 2012.

Quote:
My dear friend raj from Delhi decided to join us along with his 8 year old son, but 4 adults with a small boy and our baby in her baby seat meant a real tight squeeze in the Safari.
BTW, which baby seat you used for you kid. Pl. share some info.
ramanan.skr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 19:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice travelogue in fast-forward mode.
Had you missed Sindhudurg fort at Malawan near Tarkarli?
Thanks Ashish, I did not go to visit Sindhudurg as we were short of time and also no one was really interested in sight seeing, I went till the jetty where I had a closer look at the fort when I had to vivit an ATM at Malvan.

Quote:
BTW, which baby seat you used for you kid. Pl. share some info.
Thanks Ramanan, we use a MeeMee baby seat for our daughter, it is for kids upto 16kgs.
Old 27th November 2011, 20:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ramanan, we use a MeeMee baby seat for our daughter, it is for kids upto 16kgs.
@Lukeskywalker, thanks a lot. Can you elaborate on the model & price?
Old 28th November 2011, 15:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Aah..nice travelogue. This brought back lots of memories, especially of the Mapro and Table Land.

The only question i had - how does your storm still look sparkling clean ?
Old 28th November 2011, 19:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only question i had - how does your storm still look sparkling clean ?
Wake up before everyone else and wipe it down when on a long trip, that's the secret , I like to start the day with a clean car.
An even simpler solution I adopt sometimes is, not to put up pics of a dirty car.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 28th November 2011 at 19:21.
Old 28th November 2011, 20:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Wake up before everyone else and wipe it down when on a long trip, that's the secret , I like to start the day with a clean car.
An even simpler solution I adopt sometimes is, not to put up pics of a dirty car.
Thanks for the tip! I'm a bit too lazy to get the first one done, but the latter, sure is an idea to be implemented!

Loved the narration and the pics. Have put this into my list of trips to do. Those strawberries look very very inviting.

PS: The seagulls taking off, lovely shot.
unni.ak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 16:36   #24
BHPian

Nice Travelogue. The Tarkarali beach sure looks like an interesting place to hit while am at Goa during the year end. Does this lie on the Goa-Mumbai road?
DieselDestiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice Travelogue. The Tarkarali beach sure looks like an interesting place to hit while am at Goa during the year end. Does this lie on the Goa-Mumbai road?
Yes, it is off the Goa-Mumbai highway. Coming from Goa, you can turn left at a place called Kudal and drive to Tarkarli.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

hari wonder how is missed this travelogue,saw it on the tbhp page in FB and that's how I stumbled upon this linky. Some real good compositions man, it's time you got a better camera for yourself.

Don't you think we catch up and do some photography sessions soon. Its been a real long time since we last took pictures of the Dicor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks