Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 20:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Unwinding in wonderful Wayanad over the weekend!

Beautiful pictures saying the story.. was looking for a picture with your car.
Old 13th December 2011, 11:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Fauji Sir,
Amazing Travelogue and yes the photos are simply too good. As a matter of fact, planning to do the same stretch on our motorcycles. Thanks for posting in the details. You are quite a travel bug eh!!!

PS: Did you try the seasoned peppers? Have always ensured that i get a share of them on my plate

Last edited by ku69rd : 13th December 2011 at 11:41.
Old 13th December 2011, 12:00   #18
BHPian

A fantastic travelogue fauji, good one! Reading through it actually took me to the places, awesome pics of the sugarcane fields & flowers. Will try and post something in similar lines once i complete the road trip to coorg

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th December 2011 at 12:35. Reason: Dotty post, please use proper punctuation and avoid typing like this.... Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 12:44   #19
BHPian

Wow, lovely captures Sir. Nice narration. Fantastic travelogue. Thanks for sharing.
Old 13th December 2011, 16:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I accidentally tripped on to this travelogue and i should say that i do not repent a bit for that.

They say, a picture is worth a thousand words and you have proved it in bold and underlined fonts. Was an enthralling read and the snaps which supplemented it were quite a treat to the eyes. Some photos were quite breath taking and i literally had to pluck out my eyes from the screen. Good Show... or should i say "Bravo Zulu"?

Looking forward for more
Old 13th December 2011, 19:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

I always travel by NH 209 when doing my regular Bangalore - Masinagudi runs. It is a soothing and pleasurable drive. And roads now have been repaired, so very few bad potholes.

I recently did a night drive, and enjoyed thoroughly. Surprisingly, I came cross at least 7-8 snakes crossing the road.
Old 13th December 2011, 21:47   #22
BHPian

Very cool, Fauji. Malavalli/Maddur stretches are a treat. Vast tracts of paddy fields - the biggest field is near Malavalli as you approach from Maddur.

Some of them are excellent birding places : here's one from near Malavalli - Woolly Necked Storks : I was saving it for a travelogue that I could never write - hope you don't mind the contribution!
Attached Thumbnails
Fauji's Drivologues - Unwinding in wonderful Wayanad over the weekend!-dsc_0868.jpg  

airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 19:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Beautiful pictures saying the story.. was looking for a picture with your car.
Thanks Selva. Oh Yes....should have clicked one in the middle of tea gardens. Next time possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Fauji Sir,
Amazing Travelogue and yes the photos are simply too good. As a matter of fact, planning to do the same stretch on our motorcycles. Thanks for posting in the details. You are quite a travel bug eh!!!

PS: Did you try the seasoned peppers? Have always ensured that i get a share of them on my plate
Thanks Mahesh. The track from Kalpetta to Gudalur is apt for Motorcyclists. In fact i saw many cyclists peddaling away. No, we did not try them. I don't know why these guys did not serve them. I have tasted it and it is good. Next time definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
A fantastic travelogue fauji, good one! Reading through it actually took me to the places, awesome pics of the sugarcane fields & flowers. Will try and post something in similar lines once i complete the road trip to coorg
Thanks Alfa Romeo. We look forward to your experinces in Coorg. Try and capture mist filled morning in Raja seat when there are not many tourists. Try and capture swaying corn fileds - miles of them - as you drive to Tibetan Golden temple in Bylakuppe from highway. Have a bubbly at Aman Vana Spa on the banks of Cauvery after crosing Kushalnagar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Wow, lovely captures Sir. Nice narration. Fantastic travelogue. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Subrat. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I accidentally tripped on to this travelogue and i should say that i do not repent a bit for that.

They say, a picture is worth a thousand words and you have proved it in bold and underlined fonts. Was an enthralling read and the snaps which supplemented it were quite a treat to the eyes. Some photos were quite breath taking and i literally had to pluck out my eyes from the screen. Good Show... or should i say "Bravo Zulu"?

Looking forward for more
Thanks so much Dhanush. BTW, all photos were clicked by wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I always travel by NH 209 when doing my regular Bangalore - Masinagudi runs. It is a soothing and pleasurable drive. And roads now have been repaired, so very few bad potholes.

I recently did a night drive, and enjoyed thoroughly. Surprisingly, I came cross at least 7-8 snakes crossing the road.
You said it right Nilanjan. This is not a stressful drive unlike the one on Bangalore-Mysore highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Very cool, Fauji. Malavalli/Maddur stretches are a treat. Vast tracts of paddy fields - the biggest field is near Malavalli as you approach from Maddur.

Some of them are excellent birding places : here's one from near Malavalli - Woolly Necked Storks : I was saving it for a travelogue that I could never write - hope you don't mind the contribution!
Thanks Arun. Your picture is just outstandingand worth framing. If you have more pics please post them. They will be treat to eyes.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Thanks Mahesh. The track from Kalpetta to Gudalur is apt for Motorcyclists. In fact i saw many cyclists peddaling away.
After speaking with you, this is now on my 'TO DO' list on my motorcycle. Many thanks for sharing the details Poorna
Old 18th December 2011, 12:44   #25
BHPian

Hello Fauji,

Nice T/L!

My wife and I want to do a weekend drive to Wayanad in Jan/Feb (in our new Scorpio!). I found your T/L has useful information.

A few questions if you don't mind:

1) What is/are the reason/s for choosing Kanakapura Road over Mysore Road? I haven't done Kanakapura (last travelled that route in 1979!), hence my question. I don't like crowded Mysore Road and would like to avoid it.
2) Do you have a GPS track log of the route Bangalore to Glenora?
3) Is Glenora only for Mahindra members or open to public too? (The website is not opening in my computer due to some problem with my Dataone connection).

Thanks, and once again, appreciate your T/L!
Old 18th December 2011, 14:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hello Fauji,

Nice T/L!

My wife and I want to do a weekend drive to Wayanad in Jan/Feb (in our new Scorpio!). I found your T/L has useful information.

A few questions if you don't mind:

1) What is/are the reason/s for choosing Kanakapura Road over Mysore Road? I haven't done Kanakapura (last travelled that route in 1979!), hence my question. I don't like crowded Mysore Road and would like to avoid it.
2) Do you have a GPS track log of the route Bangalore to Glenora?
3) Is Glenora only for Mahindra members or open to public too? (The website is not opening in my computer due to some problem with my Dataone connection).

Thanks, and once again, appreciate your T/L!
Hi Damu,

Thanks for your kind words.

The route via Kanakapura is scenic, less traffic, less humps, excellent road throughout. The only drwback is you don't have much choice of retaurants. There is a new " Gokul" restaurant in Kanakapura and there is a restaurant in Kollegala. If you want peaceful drive, this is the route.

I don't use GPS. You will be able to track Vaduvanchal on GPS and Glenora is just four KMs from this place.

It is open to all. This is not Club Mahindra property. Mahindra homestays is different. Mahindras only market the stay but owners can solicit individual guets.

Hope this helps.
Fauji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 18:10   #27
BHPian

Great pics and lovely travelogue! Thanks for posting.
Just spent 4 nights in Wayanad with the wife and kids near Banasura sagar dam. Its a mix of lovely drives and bad roads (from Kochi).
Wayanad is definitely worth exploring for leisurely traveller, the petrol/diesel head, the nature lover and the philosopher!
Old 21st December 2011, 09:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures mate !

How come I never seem to notice any of these beautiful sights when I drive through those same roads once or twice every month ?? (Well, that isn't exactly true - I did notice those sugarcane fields in full bloom last month, didn't stop to click any pictures though)
Old 21st December 2011, 22:49   #29
BHPian

Looking at Wayanad for 30th and 31st nights. I have a booking for a ground cottage (Saffron) at Pepper Green but I have a booking for earth room in the Banasura resort. Which one will be better. There is also one cottage available on 31st at Agraharam but not available for 30th.

Which one is a better option. Pictures of Saffron at Pepper Green wasn't very pleasing to look at (it just looked like another normal house!!!).

BH.
Old 21st December 2011, 23:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Looking at Wayanad for 30th and 31st nights. I have a booking for a ground cottage (Saffron) at Pepper Green but I have a booking for earth room in the Banasura resort. Which one will be better. There is also one cottage available on 31st at Agraharam but not available for 30th.

Which one is a better option. Pictures of Saffron at Pepper Green wasn't very pleasing to look at (it just looked like another normal house!!!).

BH.
Burning heart,
After looking at website of Pepper green, I feel Banasura is much superior. We have stayed in Banasura (look at my TL titled "Chasing mango showers in Wayanad and Malnad"). Location is outstanding, rooms are spacious and nice. I understand food has improved a lot after our visit in May this year. Earth rooms have fabulous views of Banasura hills. Take the room on the ground floor - same level as reception - with hill view not the ones in Basement.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks