Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2013, 12:29   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lakshadweep: Paradise Islands - A tryst with the sun, sand, lagoons and corals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupin22 View Post
@karthikk - Thanks for this lovely travelogue. I am not able to send a private message yet as I do not have the required permissions yet. I am planning on a trip to Lakshadweep. Could you SMS your email id to 9845620465, please?
Oops, I seem to have completely missed your reply and I'm 5 months late *lol*. My apologies. Did you manage to get the details or do you still want me to help you out (in case your plan didn't already happen)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Karthikk - read the TL just now. amazing pics and details in the TL - thanks for sharing. Makes it easier for us folks while researching for vacation spots. thanks.
Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed reading it. In case it was of some help for you, I'm elated to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Great Travelogue and pics. What pristine waters & Colorful hues!!! Thanks for pointing out the permit reqts. too!!

Can't help but wonder how neglected as a Tourist destination Lakshadweep has been, sharing the Same awesome waters/sands/reefs/shores and atolls with one of the worlds most Exotic & expensive Holiday Locations-The Maldives!!
Thanks a lot for reading!

I think the neglected part of this place is intentionally done by the authorities. The government is dead serious about this place not getting encroached by the evils of tourism - resorts, tourists, associated pollution, etc. Geographically, this archipelago is dead similar to the Maldives, which is just some 300-400km away. While the Maldives thrives on tourism for the majority of that country's income, Lakshadweep I guess doesn't have any such requirement to be economically profitable, and the Indian Govt. is probably using it more from a strategic location (Navy) perspective.

One particular tourism magazine had listed this place as one of the cleanest (and must-visit) beaches in the world. Now that is some compliment to be proud of!

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th February 2013 at 12:34.
Old 14th February 2013, 11:24   #62
BHPian

Re: Lakshadweep: Paradise Islands - A tryst with the sun, sand, lagoons and corals

Wonderful. Amazing pictures and beautifully described. You have brought Lakshdweep right here on our desktops/laptops for us to savour as we please.

I also had gone to Lakshdweep in Nov 11. I went there by flight though, and stayed at Kavaratti for four days. The only thing me and wifey had planned to do for those four days was just dive and enjoy the pristine corals reefs.

Lucky as we were, the two of us were the only visitors on that island for the duration of our stay. Mr. Shaukat Ali and his entire team of diving instructors was only catering to us, and we sure did have the most wonderful time enjoying their hospitality and undivided attention.

I too carried a DSLR with me. But I have to admit that my pics were nowhere near as good as yours. You have captured these islands in all their glory so wonderfully well. I guess one needs to have that innate sense for capturing beautiful pics. Equipment am sure is only secondary.

Well done and hope to read some more wonderful travelouges.

Saurav.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 11:37   #63
BHPian

@Karthik: Very well written travelogue, and thank you for responding to my call.

I am currently planning to visit to Laksadweep from Bangalore. Following information would help people in Bangalore to plan the trip

Schedule, itinerary, and vacancy is available in http://www.visitlakshadweep.com/ship-packages.html

Booking:
The booking can be made through the "approved booking agent" which is "Comfort Holidays" located in HAL 3rd Stage.
email : comfortholidays@yahoo.com, comfortholidays.travel@gmail.com,
phone: 080 25212187
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 20:31   #64
BHPian

Great Travelogue and pics.
made me remember my andaman holidays
Rated it a well-deserving 5-star !!

i wish to go via plan directly to islands and want to stay in one of them to do scuba diving / snorkeling should i go through sports ?

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 7th November 2014 at 20:34.
Kool_Kid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 15:18   #65
BHPian

Amazing Travelogue Karthik ! Beautiful pictures.

Planning to visit Lakshadweep this year end.The urge to visit this place has multiplied after reading your post. Can you please clarify on the below queries.They would be really helpful.
  • I'm from Bangalore.What would be the approx flight cost? I would prefer to reach the island by ship and return back by flight. Is that possible?
  • Can the package be customized? You seem to have spent all your nights on the ship travelling from one island to another. Do they not give the option of an over night stay in one of these islands?
Syed_Munazzir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 17:12   #66
BHPian

Thank you very much for sharing this TR with us. One more destination on my bucket list, i am afraid!
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed