Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 18:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Braving Cyclone Thane to see Temples, Basilicas

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
It is an awesome travelogue. You had great experiences with the rain and road. Pondicherry and Cuddalore are still under the curse of Thane Cyclone. Many villages around Cuddalore are still with out power. Auroville needs a big amount for renovation.
Thanks navan49. Even the Pondicherry Sacred Heart basilica (the picture here) had parts of its temporary structure blown away in the storm.
Old 19th January 2012, 19:02   #17
BHPian

I recently read an article comparing the Thanjavur Periya Kovil and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Realized what a marvelous piece of architecture the 'Kovil' is. We are heading this weekend to Thanjavur and this travelogue has helped me to know this temple better. Thanks for the wonderful pictures, Prowler. Rated a well deserved 5*.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
I recently read an article comparing the Thanjavur Periya Kovil and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Realized what a marvelous piece of architecture the 'Kovil' is. We are heading this weekend to Thanjavur and this travelogue has helped me to know this temple better. Thanks for the wonderful pictures, Prowler. Rated a well deserved 5*.
Thanks aviorp. If time permits, pay a visit to Gangai Konda Chozhapuram and Darasuram temples where the Cholan temple architecture has undergone major changes.

Most Viewed