Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 20:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!

Poorna Sir,
Appears you had a whale of good time swinging from the jungles to beaches. Any reason why you landed in Goa instead of extending your stay in Jungle and waiting for the Big Elusive Big Jungle Cat?
Old 21st February 2012, 11:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Poorna Sir,
Appears you had a whale of good time swinging from the jungles to beaches. Any reason why you landed in Goa instead of extending your stay in Jungle and waiting for the Big Elusive Big Jungle Cat?
Yes, Mahesh. You are absolutely correct. We had gala time in both places.

We would have loved to stay for some more days in Pench to spot the tiger. Unfortunately wifey did not have leave and hence had to come back.

The new year weekend was a long weekend and hence the trip to Goa was planned.
Old 25th February 2012, 11:57   #48
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Poorna sir, thanks so much for the map of beaches in Goa. That was exactly what I was looking for. Between these 3 places which one would you suggest for a 4 day trip (2 of them will be driving days from and To Bangalore):
NOTE:Sterling Resorts had properties all 3 places below and I will need to pick one of them.
1. Candolim
2. Betalbatim
3. Karwar

Last edited by NPV : 25th February 2012 at 12:01.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:56   #49
BHPian

Congrats Fauji on this wonderful trip. It looks like you had a great Christmas and nice start to new year.

By the way Ihad never heard of this place before this TL.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th February 2012 at 14:56. Reason: Removing [Font] tags. Please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 13:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Poorna sir, thanks so much for the map of beaches in Goa. That was exactly what I was looking for. Between these 3 places which one would you suggest for a 4 day trip (2 of them will be driving days from and To Bangalore):
NOTE:Sterling Resorts had properties all 3 places below and I will need to pick one of them.
1. Candolim
2. Betalbatim
3. Karwar
Hi Narayan,

I would recommed that you do Karwar this time as i saw the signage for Emeralad Bay resort which looks good. Later you can choose between the two Goa properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Congrats Fauji on this wonderful trip. It looks like you had a great Christmas and nice start to new year.

By the way Ihad never heard of this place before this TL.
Thanks Pushkar. Glad to know it was useful to you.
Old 18th March 2012, 13:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics from Goa - Sharavathi Valley - Jog falls

We did another trip to Goa two weeks back when we got accomadation in Club Mahindra on Varca beach in South Goa. I could get three days off from work and so was wifey. Though i am a member fo Club Mahindra, i hardly use it as we never get accomadation whenever we want. This time, I casually asked for vacancy and luckily could get it.

We did regular route via Hubli - Karwar while going and came back via Karwar- Honnavar - Shivamogga as i had some work in Tirthahalli. The road condition is captured in post No 1758.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...route-118.html

I am posting few pictures - especially of Sharavati valley - we took on the trip.

Sunset pics in Varca

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_2188.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_2190.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_2193.jpg

Beautiful Sharavathi valley as seen from the view point on the ghat road between Honnavar and Jog falls. Not to be missed spot.

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0032.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0039.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0041.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0042.jpg

A beautiful bird in the forest. Can anyone identify this?

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0046.jpg

Jog falls - Though a trickle, it still humbles you with the enormity of the landscape. Those of you who have seen it in full glory - few days in August every year - can visualise the grandeauer of the place. The Bombay guest house - the red roofed structure -you see in the picture is now renovated and i understand that one can book it through PWD department. The view of the falls from this guest house - built during British time - is just awesome.

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0049.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0056.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0061.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Christmas in Wintry Wilderness and New Year on Sunny sands!-dsc_0069.jpg
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 18:46   #52
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@Fauji Sir, Thanks for the wonderful pictures !
The Sharavathi valley view is awesome with the beautiful sight of the river winding it's way through ! And Jog is really a trickle.

Last edited by NPV : 18th March 2012 at 18:47. Reason: typo fixed
Old 19th March 2012, 21:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Narayan. The Sharavathi valley is one of the last bio-diversity hotspots of western ghats remaining. Hopefully it will remain like that for some more years. One can access only by trekking with the help of forest department. It has rich flora and fauna. We knew Jog will be a dry spectacle. But it still humbles you.

Now that the road via Honnavar - Shivamogga is in excellent condition, people travelling to Goa should explore this as well for a change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks