Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 16:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Solo trip to Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina

Wow...I don't know how I missed this one, but it was nothing short of a spectacular journey to all those exotic places you visited. Beautiful pictures! Thread rated five stars.

While I was studying in Nova Scotia, apart from the Canadians I had a few European friends, one particularly from Croatia who insisted I should visit her hometown Split, once in my lifetime, to see what it has to offer. I guess I should have taken up on that offer when I could.

Now, on reading up your TL, start to finish, I guess I should make that trip after all
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 16:34   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
Day 6 (Dec 28, 2011) - continued:

After freshening up a bit, went out and started walking along the old city part of Mostar. Narrow cobblestone streets. The weather was beautiful and there were many people walking around.

Mostar was part of the Ottoman empire, and the building architectures reflect that.
Hello Mr Sinha,

I am planning a trip to Bosnia & Herzegovina next month for a family summer holiday. I searched for Bosnia trip reports on T BHP and yours popped up. Read the entire wonderful trip. I have been to Split and Zagreb in 2017, both interesting places in Croatia. Bled in Slovenia is so beautiful it can rival the mountain towns of Switzerland I hope to visit one day.

In Bosnia I have shortlisted Sarajevo and Mostar. The old towns with cobbled stone streets and the historic mosques really intrigued me. Hope to experience it!! Also the cevacici. After reading your blog I am glad I have finalised this 2 places for the Bosnian trip. I will also be taking a short detour to the mountains near Sarajevo like Jahorina to experience some snow. Hopefully its still there in May.

Thank you for the only travelogue on BiH by you on Team BHP!
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 06:46   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Hello Mr Sinha,

In Bosnia I have shortlisted Sarajevo and Mostar. The old towns with cobbled stone streets and the historic mosques really intrigued me. Hope to experience it!! Also the cevacici. After reading your blog I am glad I have finalised this 2 places for the Bosnian trip. I will also be taking a short detour to the mountains near Sarajevo like Jahorina to experience some snow. Hopefully its still there in May.

Thank you for the only travelogue on BiH by you on Team BHP!
Hi Sameer, glad to know that you are planning a trip to B&H, and happy to know that my travelogue was useful. You will love the places, I'm sure. I went there in 2011, now 11 years later, I hope both the cities would have further wiped away the ugly marks of the war. Don't miss the Mostar to Sarajevo train journey - thats one of the most beautiful trains journeys in Europe.
Do write about your trip later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks