Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 11:43   #1
BHPian

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

True to the title " Bem-Vindo ao Goa " which means welcome to Goa in portuguese, indeed Goa was most welcoming and true to its reputation of fun loving holiday destination. Really had a wonderful time in Goa and enjoyed the Sun, Beaches, forts and of course "Goan Food " and amazing hospitality.

Here are some photos to start my amazing Bangalore - Goa- Bangalore trip travelogue from 26th Jan to 30th Jan 2012 Republic Day log week end

The Italian Princess

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-1.jpg

Sunset at baga Beach

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-2.jpg

Prelude :

It all started with one email from one of my friend. My friend had sent a Party planner for the New Year’s Party and what a planner it was!. Meticulous in all detail and complete with all angles for a party. So in short had a wonderful party for New Years at his Place and started the New Year 2012 with a bang. Came home late and as usual got up late and as usual was sipping some hot coffee the next day. However had this feeling that even after such a amazing party I was missing something. What was that, thought about it for couple of mins: was it something at work ? was it something to do with family function? Was I forgetting the dreaded Wify B’day. All wrong and then finally as if like a blow from blue got the enlightment ” I was missing Vacation”. Seriously I had not taken a vacation in ages. Also it is also very true and many people would agree that for guys like me and others who stay away from their home town, we mostly end up going to home town as our only vacation and get deprived of seeing beautiful other places. To make matter worse if you and your wify have different hometown you had it and then your vacation get broken down into two half with routine mandatory visits to uncle/ aunts with morning breakfast at one Uncle’s place, Lunch at other and finally dinner at someone.So its like "Sone Pe Suhaga ". Sometimes it really becomes boring. So having said that I had decided that for this Year for sure I need a vacation my style with no obligation, no questions asked and full of fun, frolic and relaxation. Now came the other hurdle of which place to go for the vacation. Also one more thing on my agenda was to explore our own beautiful country “INDIA”. Nothing to boast but seriously IMHO India is among the very few countries which can have snow, desserts,plains,sea,oceans, sand,beaches,forts, snow clad mountain peaks,Palaces, heritage,Beautiful country side,culture,hills, green mountains, mega cities, pubs, dance forms,clubs, discos and of course lots of people under one roof. So do we really need a foreign vacation ? And also have the hassles of Visa/long flights. Experienced that in my previous vacation to England visiting my Sister for family re union. Hence any foreign destination was ruled out and for sure Indian destination was in for sure. Still the question lurked where in India?

So started the discussion with Wife

Me : Dear Wife, I know I have not surprised you in days, how about a vacation on this coming Republic Day long weekend ?
Wife : What ? are you serious , or is it the JWB (from Previous night) talking ?
Me : No serious, we are going for vacation, but not able to decide on destination. But one thing for sure no hill station (My wife and daughter have tendency to throw out in Ghats)
Wife : Hmm..you know what actually I forgot to tell you, Daddy’s colleague had called couple of days back and he was saying that he has started some resort in Goa, so how about GOA for vacation ?
Me : Cool, so what are we waiting for ? Goa it is for sure.

So quickly checked with my dad and asked him to call his colleague for the details of the resort. My dad’s Colleague , Mr D’souza (very Jovial and fun loving person ) confirmed that it not a full fledged resort but a small place on Baga beach with 7-8 fully loaded cottages with all amenities and more over a clean ,hygienic and safe place for family. To make it merrier for me he offered heavy discount as it being a little lean period for Goa.

Called couple of friends to see if anyone would like to join us for the vacation. Had couple of responses initially but later fizzed out due to prior commitments. So it was decided that along with us one more family would be joining us to GOA.

So with the mood “Where’s the Party tonight mood " Goa Trip was on between 26 to 30th Jan Republic Day long weekend.Initially we thought of going in 2 cars, but later decided to somehow squeeze in and fit in one car and that too in my Lovely 1 year old Grande Punto 1.3 MJD.

Preparation:

Week prior took the car to Concorde Motors near Dairy Circle and asked for inspection of the car before the long drive. Concorde Motors Fiat personnel checked the car thoroughly and gave his go ahead which gave me a sigh of relief.Now came another blow from Wife” Fine we are going to GOA for vacation but I do not have beach and trendy clothes to wear and to flaunt. So a week prior weekend ended up in different Malls across Bangalore checking for Bermudas and three/fourth pants and funky tops. “Maine bhi behti ganga mai haath dho liye” and got myself some jeans and three / fourth pants and some cool Round necks. Also Picked 2 air beach chairs for the kids and some beach/sand playing sets.

(Tip : beach Playing set very mandatory for kids below 5 years on the beach as that will keep them busy for long, so that Adults can have their part of fun . Wify also picked up some good stock of Biscuits/ snacks/ juices for the journey. So we were all were set.

So here is checklist for Beach

Round/Half Jerseys
Sun Shades
Bermuda/Three fourth Pants/ Shorts
Sun Screen lotion
Sand/ Beach Set
Slippers / slip-ons/Sandals

The Day :

Week prior went with all the preparation and finally the day arrived for us to travel. I called up my friend and told him that I will pick them as early as possible, so that we reach Goa in day time. Came late from office previous day as had to attend mandatory Business meet at Hotel Royal Orchid. On the way back filled the Car with Diesel at IOC Station. Don’t know why but I really like to say “ Full Tank please” . Gives you a good feeling and that of being on the top of the world and feel of accomplishment.
As usual before any long trip and drives could not sleep properly the previous night and got up at 4:30 AM and was ready by 5:15 am. To save morning time we had packed our luggage (Tip : Avoid those big bags instead carry airbags as those are easy to fit in boot of hatchback cars. Also do not put shoes/ slipper in bags as that will make them big instead try to fit those at last in the spaces in between airbags) the previous night . By 5:30 Wify was also ready and after praying god for safe journey went down the lift to start our amazing Goa trip.The Moment I saw her she was all beaming, ready, shinning and smiling back at me. Me like a seasoned jockey went into the stable to bring her out for the big drive. Gave her a small pat on her back and cranked the ignition. She responded well with a nice roar. Roar felt like that of a wild horse doing ehee eheea and telling me that all her BHP’s ready to roll. So finally brought her out of the parking bay and moved her from my Bannherghatta road house towards Sanjay Nagar to pick my friend.

The Route :

First of all would like to take this opportunity to Thank all BHPian for the wonderful guidance they gave in deciding the route and all details of the road condition (Even details for road humps to watch out for).

Special Thanks to Damu, Fauji, Ranga and Akshay for their valuable advice and suggestions.

Bannerghatta Road – Sanjay Nagar-Neelmangala-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-Canconna-Panjim-Baga

Car : Grande Punto 1.3 MJD
Passengers: Me , wife and my 2 year old daughter and my friend and family
Destination : Baga Beach , Goa
Starting Trip Meter : 11732
Starting time : 6 Am

Now too much of my talking, now let the photos do the talking

Nh4
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-203dsc07282.jpg
Pitstop 1 : Kamat Upachaar
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07283.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07284.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07285.jpg
Super smooth NH4
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07290.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07291.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07292.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07293.jpg

Had a harrowing time going past these two trucker. To my surprise they we talking to each other and my heavy honking had no effect on them what so ever.

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07295.jpg

Approaching Chitradurga

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dscn0193.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dscn0180.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dscn0192.jpg

In between stopped at kamat and had some nice hot idlis. Really like that atmosphere on those highway Dhabas with Cars parked neatly and guys and gals inside in their travel attire relaxing and talking about Km left, time taken to reach the place, talking about their stylo Car performance on Highways and with high energy levels.Rememeber a bunch of 4 dudes in a black i20 with hip hop music and had these nitogen filled shock absorbers with car also jumping up and down along with them. Quite funny but enjoyed the sight. For a sec remembered my college days of Yamaha Rx 100 and all the crazy things a 20 year old did.

Reached Hubli by 1:30 pm.As you are approaching Hubli look out for sign board on left which asks you to take left for Karwar road and then take immidiate left to come on to NH63.Just looked at the fuel guage and it was still half filled, however knew that from now onwards we would be enering the Kirawati forest and hence was not sure for the Diesel bunks. So went ahead and filled the Diesel at the first shabby looking HP bunk.To my surprise on this road ahead I encountered atleast 7-8 bunks and also better in shape and probably better diesel quality.

Now entering Kirawati Forest

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07296.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07300.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07301.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07306.jpg

Finally reached Karwar by 3:30 and had second break for lunch and enjoyed some light Dal fry and jeera rice and cold refreshing sweet lime soda

First Glimpse of Arabian Sea @ Karwar

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07307.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07308.jpg

Strange Tiger Striped Dog at Karwar

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07309.jpg

On Karwar Bridge

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07310.jpg

Just After Karwar Bridge.

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dscn0201.jpg

Now something about the Car.Punto on highway is like a champagne bottle.Once you open the cork and Zooomm it goes and " SHEER FUN" to drive. Even with full load car just pulls above 3 figure speeds with ease and still you get a feeling that there is still more available under the hood.Once to my surprise even touched 160 and still the car was very stable.However would like to recall one incident when we were doing some 100 Plus speed and out of blue came a big Volvo SUV from behind and zoomed past us.For sure must be doing in excess of 180 -200 km. For sec I looked at my speedometer and though am in doing 100 Plus because the way that SUV zoomed past me as if I was doing some mere 20-40 Km/hr.Seriously those 180-200 km speeds for sure must be fun but not meant for Indian highways as we have this constant fear of any maroon creeping out to cross the highway as if he was roaming around in his garden and having his relaxed post meal stroll.

Her Majestic Princess of Italy " Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD" in her full glory

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07331.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07332.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07333.jpg
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07335.jpg

Crossed Goa border and entered into small winding roads of Goa State and finally reached Panjim maybe 5:30. Police were cooperative and directed us to go past Panjim bridge and take a left to go towards Calangute/ Baga.Things start to change as you hit this road and that tourist kinda feeling starts to creep in.You start seeing these small restuarants, bars, resorts, young Boys and girls in beach wear on their trendy motorbikes and scooters.Saw lot of foreign tourist in this stretch and all enjoying drinks and scooters.From then onwards the nighmare started and was caught in big traffic congestion.Channel V had a college fest and had big names like Edward Maya, KK and Mika performing and hence had this young crowd all over from India.Traffic was actually going on a snail's pace and finally some how reached our cottages by 7:30.By then the two ladies and two kids had almost lost their patience and had started asking the dangerous question : When will we reach our hotel ?

Now some photos of our cottages. A very simple, no hassles, clean hygenic place/airconditioned , safe place and the best part is that it a stone throw away from baga beach. What else do you want ! Wake up and see the Baga river in front of you, turn left and see the baga beach and again turn slight and see Brittos and st Anthony's beach shack.Also got a feeling like staying at Farmhouse with Trees around and also Park your Car in front of the cottage.Cottages cannot boast of any super resort like facilites but are equiped with all required aminities and facilities like A/C , room service,Mini fridge, hot water, TV with Tata Sky (Found it little helpful as mine and my friend's daughter enjoyed their daily dose of Doremon and Chota Bheem) and everyday change of linen.It was like dream come true

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07360.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07282.jpg  

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07294.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 15th February 2012 at 17:10. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post
HarryB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 12:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore

Goa is indeed one amazing place man. Have been going there for vacation for last 3 yrs and still not bored. The feel is different, each time we go there.

Do write and post more pics mate.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 10th February 2012, 15:58   #3
BHPian

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07314.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07315.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07316.jpg

Did a quick round check of the property and settled into the cottages and took a quick nap of 15-20 mins and after a refreshing shower was ready to rock.Best part walked down to Brittos and found best place and made ourselves cozy.Brittos is a cool, chic and decent place but a little on expensive side. Ordered some nice Butter Garlic prawns, Chicken Xacuti, Pepper prawns and some nice Chicken cafreal with Rice and some fish fingers for Kids.

Ambience : 8/10
Food : 7/10
Service : 8/10
Value for Money : 6/10

Brittos had a nice Karoake night, so me and my friend enjoyed to the core by singing some foot tapping songs. We even started considering options for participating in Indian Idol and other reality shows. Our dreams were very shortly broken by the wife club and asked us to come dowm from the "Channe ke Zhaad" and reminded that it was not we who were singing now but something which went in our bodies in 4-5 mugs was doing the magic.

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-037dsc07322.jpg

Day 2 :

After heavy previous night festivities was expecting that will get up late, however to my surprise got up early and that too fresh.So decided to take a early morning stroll on the beach and what a refreshing stroll it was. In ages did I feel that cool early morning breeze and freshness in air.Had heard that baga beach was the most happening place in Goa and true to it reputation, Baga beach area was full of activities and festivities. Also due to Channel V concert had this huge young crowd adding to the already vibrant colors of Baga.Just to give you a glimpse had party scene right on the road with a huge concert stage throwing foot tapping numbers, pretty young things in their best of attire zooming past in trendy motobikes,could smell barbeque and happy faces. It was really very good to see so many happy people who had left all the worries behind and were here to enjoy to the fullest.All credit goes to GOA and its People . Really found Goa very welcoming and safe tourist destination.

Took some beach beds with shades and then on its was just Sun,beach, cocktails and sheer relaxation. Later tried some water sports like jet ski and banana ride. Rides were amazing but was little disappointed that you yourself dont get to drive the jet ski but actually are chaffuer driven, however the experience is worth a try and not to be missed for sure.On a second thought it is good that they dont let you drive these big jet ski to you as these needs lot of practise and expertise. Also one of my friend had a harrowing experience in Singapore when he took the Jet ski all by himslef and went deep in water and due to technical snag the Jet ski just stopped. Just imagine you all alone in the middle of ocean with broken Jet ski. It was really a frightening experince for him, however help arrived quickly but he still recalls it as the most scary 10 mins of his life.

Ladies found solace in some beach shopping. Yes you heard it right " Shopping on beach ". Got themself some nice looking junk jewellery and beach clothes. Kids were happy building sand castles and sand tunnels.I happily oblidged to souvenir temporary dragon Tattoo.

Baga Beach

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07338.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07339.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07340.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07341.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07342.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07345.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07346.jpg

Intially my daughter was little scared to come into the water as it was her first time on beach.

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07348.jpg

Jet ski

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07351.jpg

Dil Chahta Hai style

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07352.jpg

Daddy I caught a fish " My first Fish "

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07355.jpg

Dragon Tattoo

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07473.jpg

In the night decided to hit the most happening and famous place in the area " Tittos Disco ". The entire street is like one big party place with street lined with Pubs and restaurants on bith sides and blurring Music from Hip hop, rock and Bollywood. To our disappointment " Tittos " does not allow kids inside but the courteous bouncers outside advised us to go to Mambos just down the street which allows kids inside (though not on dance floor).Food was good and so was music.

@ Mambos

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-mambo.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07368.jpg

Day 3 :

Day 3 started as usual and had a sumptuous Local cuisine break fast at a near by joint called as Anand Cafe.Had some Vada Pav,mirchi Bhaji and Chicken/ prawn curry with omlette. Taste was good and really enjoyed local Goan cuisine and hospitality.Later part of the day was planned for Old Goa and other Goa attractions.

Aguada Fort

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07374.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07378.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07380.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07381.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07382.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07392.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07385.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07397.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07398.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07411.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07412.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07413.jpg

Last edited by HarryB : 14th February 2012 at 10:54.
HarryB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 16:46   #4
BHPian

Basilica of Bom Jesus

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07417.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07419.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07418.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07420.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07422.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07424.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07425.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07428.jpg

Dona Paula

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07433.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07438.jpg

Cruise Ride @ Panjim

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07444.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07445.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07451.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07452.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dscn0430.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07453.jpg

Anjuna Beach

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07466.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07467.jpg

St Anthony's Shack food

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07476.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07477.jpg

In the evening we had a quit dinner at our cottage. Best part is that whole of property is for you. So arranged the tables outside and had a a amazing time having dinner looking at clear skies and counting stars.

Day 4 :

Had a relaxed last day in Goa and spent the time visting Calangute beach. found Calngute beach crowded and also little dirty with little unruly people around. So decided to go back to Baga and spent the afternoon again on the beach soaking in the sun and watching the amazing sight of Sun set. Really what a sight it was !

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-048dsc07337.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07487.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07488.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07489.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dscn0519.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07494.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07495.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dsc07498.jpg

Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore-dscn0496.jpg

Next day was the time to go so left Goa by 11 am and took the same route back to Bangalore. However on the way back had little scare as one State transport Bus somewhere after Chitradurga was coming wrong side and that due in the right lane. Really when will these people learn some road ethics and manners..Just after that saw accident and with same coincidence, state transport bus in wrong direction being hit by a lorry from front. Not sure if there were any casulties. But for sure the State transport Bus was at fault and really feel sorry for the Lorry driver. Hoping he is fine and with minimum injury.Later had a peaceful drive and uneventful drive back to Bangalore and finally reached home by 11:30 Pm.

So thus ends my trip to Goa. Hope you guys enjoyed it and found it interesting and helpful.

Regards,

HarryB

Last edited by HarryB : 14th February 2012 at 10:55.
HarryB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 11:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a nice travelogue Harry. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Where exactly did you stay in Baga? More details of the hotel please with tarrifs etc
Old 14th February 2012, 11:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a nice travelogue Harry. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Where exactly did you stay in Baga? More details of the hotel please with tarrifs etc
Thanks Mobike 008. We stayed at a place called Maria Farm Cottages with tariff of discounted Rs1500 Rs per night.

Welcome to Maria Farm Cottages - Cheap Accommodation Deals in Goa, Goa Affordable Holidays

Regards,

Harish
HarryB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 13:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
Thanks Mobike 008. We stayed at a place called Maria Farm Cottages with tariff of discounted Rs1500 Rs per night.

Welcome to Maria Farm Cottages - Cheap Accommodation Deals in Goa, Goa Affordable Holidays

Regards,

Harish
Nice travelogue!! We had also been to Goa on the same days, albeit from Chennai. Looks like you explored more of Goa than we did Some of the pictures which you took from the Aguada fort are almost a replica of the ones which I took . Also, we both have been to Baga and Aguada the same days, probably different timings. Its at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...a-chennai.html. Cheers!!
Old 15th February 2012, 09:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Nice travelogue!! We had also been to Goa on the same days, albeit from Chennai. Looks like you explored more of Goa than we did Some of the pictures which you took from the Aguada fort are almost a replica of the ones which I took . Also, we both have been to Baga and Aguada the same days, probably different timings. Its at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...a-chennai.html. Cheers!!

Nice Photos and trip details Arvind.Small world it is, now thinking only if we knew each other we could had introduced ourself.Maybe Team BHP after starting Team BHP stickers should now take a step further and introduce some Team BHP T shirts.

Regards,

HarryB
HarryB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 10:21   #9
Team-BHP Support

A wonderfully compiled travelogue with nice pictures!

Almost reminds me of my Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore travelogues that I compile on a regular basis.

Looks like you took the same route that we did last year. How is the Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar stretch. Last time round, it was a little patchy, especially around the Ghats. But all in all, it was a good drive. How did the GP hold up while negotiating those massive speed-breakers Nelamangala and beyond?
Old 16th February 2012, 13:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
A wonderfully compiled travelogue with nice pictures!

Almost reminds me of my Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore travelogues that I compile on a regular basis.

Looks like you took the same route that we did last year. How is the Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar stretch. Last time round, it was a little patchy, especially around the Ghats. But all in all, it was a good drive. How did the GP hold up while negotiating those massive speed-breakers Nelamangala and beyond?

Thanks Suhaas. Hubli -Yellapur- Karwar stretch is still patch especially in Ghats as you rightly said, however 80 Plus speeds still can be achieved for the entire stretch.Grande Punto was treat to drive and dont remember any speed humps while going, however on way back somewhere before or after chitradurga hit one with full speed and force and Car just flew for seconds but due to robust Grande Punto suspension, impact was very minimal.

Regards,

Harryb

Last edited by HarryB : 16th February 2012 at 13:51.
Old 18th February 2012, 21:13   #11
BHPian

Greats snaps and a wonderful travelogue. I know for sure we went past you after Chitradurga. Your ride looks cool and looks like you enjoyed every minute of your journey. Wishing you many more happy journey's

You have an adorable daughter who must have made the journey even more eventful
Old 20th February 2012, 09:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Greats snaps and a wonderful travelogue. I know for sure we went past you after Chitradurga. Your ride looks cool and looks like you enjoyed every minute of your journey. Wishing you many more happy journey's

You have an adorable daughter who must have made the journey even more eventful

Thanks Chillout for the kind words. So what was your ride ? just trying to re collect if we saw you passing by us.
Old 21st February 2012, 23:15   #13
BHPian

We were a group of 8 on two BMW 320D ( Deep Blue and Grey)

Quote:
Thanks Chillout for the kind words. So what was your ride ? just trying to re collect if we saw you passing by us.
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:47   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
We were a group of 8 on two BMW 320D ( Deep Blue and Grey)
cool, two BMW's on higways must have been fun.
Old 26th February 2012, 20:37   #15
BHPian

It sure was, and we are eagerly looking forward to our next trip ( Chennai to Vizag)

Quote:
cool, two BMW's on higways must have been fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks