Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 22:19   #1
BHPian

Len's view of my travels

Travel is part of life - professional life.

New places - always make you feel more blessed !

All those nice things captured through eyes - recorded through technology for future seeing

Was going through the memory lane & picked few clicks. For your view...

Pic 1:

One beautiful Bank holiday (guess it is september 2004) visit to Devon (a large county in southwestern England). This place got one of the most beautiful drive ways. Don't remember the exact river pass - but this one is my favorite pic. Everytime i see this - my mind & heart feel relaxed. WATER got that extra-power on soothing you !
Len's view of my travels-devon.jpg

Pic 2,3:

Another beauty in central and northern England - Peak District. We have been here on multiple holiday season (winter, summer, spring) & everytime - this place surprise you with its beauty differently.

Again - though have many snaps - prefer thsee two - this tells me how a nature is made & how the man made are also preserved ! [Guess the dam is called Derwent Dam constructed in early 1900's. Talk about Mullai Periyar here !!!!]

Len's view of my travels-peak-district-derwent-dam.jpg
Len's view of my travels-peak-district.jpg

Pic 4:

Mentioned many & not talking about Wales - i will be committing crime !.
Those who have been to UK - will vouch for me - Wales is a must visit place & this one 'Snowdonia' is busiest as well. Snowdown Peak - 3500+ ft is the most tourist-sought place. Every time we climb with our group - (after multiple planning, signs and proactive measures) - we get lost and search each other other for hours !. After 6 visits - we made a conclusion - we will not plan. Whoever goes to peak & returns first - let them wait in the car. period. And it worked well. But we missed the fun in search !!!

Len's view of my travels-wales.jpg

Pic 5:

You have been to New York & not taken a snap of Down town - is an unlikely behaviour.

Though - have been here couple of times & stayed for weeks - this one got during my 2006 visit to Boston. Still remember that 2 day drive short visit to New York - for we need to stand in queue for 2 hours to get night show tickets of 'Lage Raho Munnabhai' !. Guess it was summer - so not a problem - weather was good.

And this pic always reminds me of the capitalistic nature (vast water body, vast sky & skyscrapper !)

Name:  Newyork.jpg
Views: 5323
Size:  67.9 KB

Pic 6:

Who can miss the famous Geneva Water Fountain (don't know - i always refer this as Pump !). It rises 140 metres (460 ft) in air. Thought it was a joke on those scary stories about a human can break into pieces etc - once got opportunity to go closeby & never dared to experiment again !. it is indeed scary !!. Hence my pick is accompanied by Tulip. now it looks more serene & peaceful. This is sometime 2006 summer.

Len's view of my travels-geneva.jpg

Pic 7 to 12:

During the May Bank holiday touring (2009), we went to Cotswold (West centeral England). What a place ! - Just love it.
We stayed in a 100 year old house (when we were leaving - the person rented us said - its a 'haunted' place.... so nice of him !).

One of those days - we visited the 'Wild life park'. It was trully amazing. Have clicked many, but here are the few personal likings

Len's view of my travels-cotswold-1.jpg
Len's view of my travels-cotswold-2.jpg
Len's view of my travels-cotswold-3.jpg
Len's view of my travels-cotswold-4.jpg
Len's view of my travels-cotswold-5.jpg

Pic 13:

The famous Greenwich in London. This is one good summer (2010) & the 'nth' tourist visit. It is customary (read mandatory) - that you take your relatives / friends / visitors to the 'must go' places & make that 'tick'. But no complaints. Every time, i have been to these places - had different & nice experience.

This snap was taken for a special reason. You see the buildings in the background (Canary Wharf). I have worked in 4 of those buildings - including the 49th Floor in One Canada Square (this building got 50 floors !). On a Beautiful day - the Blue sky is ravishing & make you sit & watch for life !.

Len's view of my travels-greenwich.jpg

Pic 14 to 20:

Come back to India mate - you have much more beautiful places to visit !. Our first visit after return from western world is this beautiful tea dynasty - Munnar. Think it is early/mid 2011. The weather was awesome and Club Mahindra facility was out-of-world. Yes - we have been to those tourist places (Boating, Elephant Safari, Wildlife Sanctuary).

Guess this little giant is the naughtiest of all. Caught him on a soft note. But have witnessed his original behaviour in-person

Len's view of my travels-munnar-1.jpg

The nearby Garden had much more to offer. Was mesmerised by the color and shape and design of these flowers. Wow - Nature mother - you are really a genious. Thanks to my camera - i was able to capture those nice feeling for-ever !

Len's view of my travels-munnar-2.jpg
Len's view of my travels-munnar-3.jpg
Len's view of my travels-munnar-4.jpg
Len's view of my travels-munnar-5.jpg
Len's view of my travels-munnar-6.jpg
Len's view of my travels-munnar-7.jpg

Pic 21:

And this one is indeed a teaser.

We had this 'Navrathri - Golu' at home and per my Madamme' instruction - had to arrange a park. Got the materials and collected all those small items from various source. when took the snaps of whole setup - captured this cute one. [Note the Eiffel tower is max of my palm-size !].

Actually, this reminds me of our first visit to france - & me + wife did pose something similar then
Len's view of my travels-p1020932.jpg

Hope - you liked them all.

[Sub-note - Thanks for those initial comments. Would love to add more - but there are too many. Will try to spend sometime (soon) for next collection]

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2012 at 11:11. Reason: No more than 2 smileys per post please
gjiyap1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Len's view

Hello Friend,

Wonderful Pictures to start with. Could you please bring more of your len's captures?

Also request you to share the name of the places featured in above pictures. According to my understanding I feel is it somewhere in Europe?

Thanks,
Jignesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 15:38   #3
BHPian

Nice start.

The details on the picture of the Indian Roller are pretty good - just that it got over exposed. The penguin. is the best of them all IMO

Name of the places, please. Presume some are from India while some are not ?
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 15:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

fantastic!
That bridge, where is that??
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 13:52   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Len's view of my travels

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 28th February 2012, 14:05   #6
BHPian

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. One thing that is certain, traveling to locations makes us acquire neat photographic skills.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 08:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice captures and a wonderful collage of nature, wildlife, landscapes and buildings in a single post.

Would be following the thread for further updates.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Very nice captures!
New York's and the Penguin with a egg takes the cake for me.
And the last pic is an example of wonderful imagination!
Nice work, if you have some more, then do gladly share it here.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 12:21   #9
BHPian

Indeed Arup. It makes you better in viewing the world with different perspective. All of us have that niche liking for this world - some got to explore that quality and some enjoy just watching.

Some of my friends - never took photo of all these places - though thanks to them - have seen most/all of them !. But then, they are fine enjoying the moment through their eyes & not interested in preserving them.

Have only improved a bit - by not clicking many photos (do not mis-use the digital facility) - but still am far far in picking the right snap.

Thanks Others for your encouraging & supporting words - will try to get some more as & when i browse my repository.
Old 6th March 2012, 14:39   #10
BHPian

Hi friend,
The pictures are very nice.
It would be better if you could add some foreign cars and bikes also!
Old 7th March 2012, 15:12   #11
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pictures. No doubt you should be a professional photographer..
Waiting for more updates from you..
Old 7th March 2012, 17:12   #12
BHPian

Good story telling pictures.. it is indeed refreshing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks