Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 20:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective

[quote=nilanjanray;2700468]That roadside picture is nice! Seems you used a flash :-)

Thanks Nilanjan Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Some amzaing clicks Subrat.

As you rightly said, this is a place where photos should talk more.
The Apetizers served, want more. And then keep it coming with the main course

PS : Saw more photos just when the above was posted.

PPS : Subrat - The image clicked 5.46am is stunning. A question for you - apart from the ISO setting, can you put a flash in such a situation? The image is seems well lit, but whatever little I have learnt of photographing animals at low light / night, it suggests not to put flash directly onto the animal. I am going for a vacation with possibility of animal shoots, hence this question is most relevant for me right now.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Subrat : "This also Mukunda Male and clicked on the way to Magdhi zone at 5.46 a.m. on the main road. Did not have option but pumped the ISO to 1600 and could manage this much."

Hope you won't mind posting the EXIF for that ? Was it handheld/jeep mounted ? If handheld, in that 5.46 AM light that is a very very steady pair of hands I must say - I'm not sure if just that ISO setting woudl have done that trick though.

Not wrt to this thread, I've seen on other threads where some photographs clearly showed that flashes were used at wildlife ( late evenings/night/early mornings ) : my humble request is not to use flashes.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
The early morning tiger shot is a great effort. I believe its a 7D/100-400 combo. Assuming you were at 400mm (almost everyone using that lens zooms in max), the f stop is 5.6. At that time of the day, with 400mm/f5.6/ISO 1600 its a terrific effort. I assume the shutter speed is definitely not more than 1/20.
Yes, it was an effort.

Whether flashes or not?

First of all i am a nature lover and then a photographer. Somtimes photographers without ethics goes overboard and do, whatever is not good.

Let me tell you the full story.

Tiger sightings was really bad this time. I was really dissapointed. As usual, i started for safari in the morning. Everyday, i used to take out my camera before sitting in the gypsy. That day, i had kept everything inside the camera bag and was in a bad mood. We were not entering from the usual Magdhi zone gate. Our entry gate was around 10 k.m. from Tala to save some exit time.

On the main road, suddenly saw three gypsies were lined up. I realised it's a tiger. Then, immediately threw my hand gloves and struggle to take out my camera. I normally keep ISO at 800, when i enter the park in the morning.

This sighting was for seven to eight minutes. The tiger walked infront of us. We were behind three gypsy with their headlights on. Despite ISO 1600, it was difficult to get a good shot when the tiger was walking. Shutter speed was 1/5 sec. Then the tiger went inside and suddenly came out and gave a stare for may be 8 to 10 sec. By that time i was ready with my bean bag and managed to focus. After a great effort, i could manage this without flash. First, i stopped a lady infront of me, who was clicking with a Point and shoot with flashes on in another gypsy.

Also, i have done some post processing and this is the output. No curve adjustments. Just some contrasts, brightness and sharpening.

@ Airguitar: Exif is here.

ISO 1600, F/5.6, Expo time 1/5 sec, 400 mm, no flash. No expo compensation that day. However, i generally keep negative expo comp. The timing is 5.56 not 5.46. Sorry. Whenever, i shoot wildlife, my camera setting for Flash mode is always No flash compulsory.

Hope things are clear now. I can not be so insensitive.

Thank you all for your concern. I am Happy.

@ robi: yes it is 7d and 100-400

Regards
Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 01:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Will not write any comments for this thread. Have rated & waiting for more.

My personal favourite is the Jackal kill. But it could have been a Leopard kill too as Jackal, Leopard & the Hyena eat from the stomach and empty out the entrails. Only the Lion & the Tiger eat from the rump.

Last edited by gd1418 : 3rd March 2012 at 01:21.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
The early morning tiger shot is a great effort. I believe its a 7D/100-400 combo. Assuming you were at 400mm
(almost everyone using that lens zooms in max), the f stop is 5.6. At that time of the day, with 400mm/f5.6/ISO 1600 its a terrific effort.
I assume the shutter speed is definitely not more than 1/20.
Nice detective effort there Robi!
Really translates to the effort taken to click on Subrat's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
This also Mukunda Male and clicked on the way to Magdhi zone at 5.46 a.m. on the main road.
Did not have option but pumped the ISO to 1600 and could manage this much

Subrat, Really nice snaps there.
I also liked the Pond Herron screaming out! (As Airguitar mentioned)
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Will not write any comments for this thread. Have rated & waiting for more.

My personal favourite is the Jackal kill. But it could have been a Leopard kill too as Jackal, Leopard & the Hyena eat from the stomach and empty out the entrails. Only the Lion & the Tiger eat from the rump.
Thank you GD Sir. You are right about the kill. Thanks for the rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice detective effort there Robi!
Really translates to the effort taken to click on Subrat's part.

Subrat, Really nice snaps there.
I also liked the Pond Herron screaming out! (As Airguitar mentioned)
Thank you.
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Subrat, the first pic is a stunner to start with.
I liked the langur family pic too, where the baby seems all happy and smiling.
The Indian roller has nice details.
Waiting for more updates!
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Subrat, the first pic is a stunner to start with.
I liked the langur family pic too, where the baby seems all happy and smiling.
The Indian roller has nice details.
Waiting for more updates!
Thank you so much for liking them.

Actually, the mother and baby Langur was sitting alone. Suddenly, another group came, so, the father came to protect the family. That's what the male does.

Sure, i will upload more.

Here are some pictures of my January 2011 trip. I was lucky enough to get this New male (Bamera) for one hour 45 minutes.

This is the new king of Tala Zone Now called Bamera Male.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-sharpen-bamera-jan-201175_filtered-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-4757061134f34a8d1670c9.jpg

Bandhavgarh fort from Rajbehra Meadow.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-bandhavgarh-fort-nov-10154-copy.jpg

Bandheni Hills from Rajbehra Meadows.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-bandheini-hills-nov-10154-copy.jpg

Regards
Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! again the second pic, shows why he is the king!!
Look at his size. Truly Royal!!
Everyone seems in awe in the pic and so am I.
Fantastic
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:08   #23
BHPian

5 stars from my side : the tree-hugging tiger is amazing... Did he mistake it for a tigress ?
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Subrat,

The majestic Bandhavgarh fort, very well composed and represented through your lens.

Rajbehra Medows portrays the essence and the beauty of the landscape, the elephants in the frame narrate the whole story. A beautiful shot !

The birds have all come out crisp, especially the jungle owlet. The horny sambar, sprinting spotted deer and the langurs are well photographed. I didn't know Gaur's too were radio collared.

The Bamera male vertical also shows good detail..the minute falling bark shavings. This tree seems to be his favorite scratch pad with claw marks at the lower level and the chopped bark at his top most reach.

A visual treat, looking forward to more.
Regards,
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! the Bamera male stretching on the tree is an awesome shot. Brilliant. Looks almost as huge as the gypsy.
Old 4th March 2012, 06:46   #26
BHPian

Totally awesome Subrat. The pictures do proper justice to your passion and experience. The Bamera male truly signifies what the tiger is all about, power, strength and poise. That second picture captures the essence of the king of the jungle, the sinews and muscles bulging out and screaming raw power. Rated 5 stars.

I was in Bandhavgarh last week and was lucky enough to spot a female with her three cubs as well as the kids (now grown up) of another female. Will upload those pics later.
Old 4th March 2012, 07:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Subrat,

Great account of your trips to Bandhavgarh.

Wow!!!! You guys are so lucky to spot the big cat and that too from such a close distance. We werent when we we were in the park few months back. Nevertheless, the park is beautiful.

Bring it on sir. We are not satiated.....
Old 5th March 2012, 10:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Very nice pictures. We are eager to see more excellent pictures from your Bandhavgarh trip. I remember you waiting for one person join three of you guys, I wish I should have joined, but leaves fomr office was an issue.

Seems there is lot we can learn from you in terms of wildlife photography. The tiger pictures are no doubt excellent, apart from those I really liked the Brown Fish Owl (third) picture in your log.

Anyways, bring more of your pictures.

Thanks,
Old 5th March 2012, 14:00   #29
BHPian

Amazing pictures. Truly inspirational for anyone who aspires doing wildlife photography .

How did you manage to click the vertical tiger shots? I can see people in the gypsy so close to it. Doesn't the King pose any danger to humans being so close?

Keep the photos coming in. Great Photography. Shooting wildlife as well as candids is such a challenging task, as the moment you want to capture may last only for a few seconds. Hats off to you
Old 5th March 2012, 14:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Wow!! again the second pic, shows why he is the king!!
Look at his size. Truly Royal!!
Everyone seems in awe in the pic and so am I.
Fantastic
Thank you for your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
5 stars from my side : the tree-hugging tiger is amazing... Did he mistake it for a tigress ?
Hahaha. This is a typical tiger behaviour to show his strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Subrat,

I didn't know Gaur's too were radio collared.

The Gaur's are taken from Kanha and are on observation. So the radio collared.

A visual treat, looking forward to more.
Regards,
Thank you so much sir. The Rajbehra meadow is one of my favourite place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Wow!! the Bamera male stretching on the tree is an awesome shot. Brilliant. Looks almost as huge as the gypsy.
Thank you and yes he is a huge guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Totally awesome Subrat. The pictures do proper justice to your passion and experience. The Bamera male truly signifies what the tiger is all about, power, strength and poise. That second picture captures the essence of the king of the jungle, the sinews and muscles bulging out and screaming raw power. Rated 5 stars.
Thank you so much for the stars and comments. I think you are talking about Sukhi Patia female and her cubs in Magdhi Zone. I missed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Subrat,

Great account of your trips to Bandhavgarh.

Wow!!!! You guys are so lucky to spot the big cat and that too from such a close distance. We werent when we we were in the park few months back. Nevertheless, the park is beautiful.

Bring it on sir. We are not satiated.....
Thank you so much. Sighting in the Jungle is uncertain and unexpected. Rightly said Sir, Bandhavgarh is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Anyways, bring more of your pictures.

Thanks,
Thank you jignnesh. Yes, i did not get a partner but it was a wonderful trip with another friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
Amazing pictures. Truly inspirational for anyone who aspires doing wildlife photography .

How did you manage to click the vertical tiger shots? I can see people in the gypsy so close to it. Doesn't the King pose any danger to humans being so close?

Keep the photos coming in. Great Photography. Shooting wildlife as well as candids is such a challenging task, as the moment you want to capture may last only for a few seconds. Hats off to you
First of all thank you very much. It was really difficult to get good shots between so many gypsies. The king is used to of vehicles, so does not pose much danger. However, do not take the wild animals for granted. There were few incidents in future.

Regards
Subrat

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-sidhbaba107-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-sesh-shaya34-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-tiger-show83-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-view-fort53-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-temple-fort67-copy.jpg
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks