Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 14:58   #31
BHPian

Re: Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Thank you so much for the stars and comments. I think you are talking about Sukhi Patia female and her cubs in Magdhi Zone. I missed them.
No, this female goes by the name "Kankati" because of the damage to her ear in a fight with "Langdi" another female now dead. She had made a kill in the night before or the same morning and we were lucky enough to spot her with her cubs within five minutes of our entry into the Tala zone. She was finishing up her breakfast and then stepped out to have a drink by the stream next to the place where she had kept her kill .
Old 6th March 2012, 16:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
No, this female goes by the name "Kankati" because of the damage to her ear in a fight with "Langdi" another female now dead. She had made a kill in the night before or the same morning and we were lucky enough to spot her with her cubs within five minutes of our entry into the Tala zone. She was finishing up her breakfast and then stepped out to have a drink by the stream next to the place where she had kept her kill .
Brilliant. Yes, she is having small cubs. This also i missed.

Here some more pictures from my trips to Bandhavgarh.

Perfect Tiger Habitat and ample Prey.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-bandhavgarh27-copy.jpg

Spotted deer. Tiger's favourite prey.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-jan-22-2011-best-007-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-jan-22-2011-best-010-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-jan-22-2011-best-011-copy.jpg

Always, fire is behind: I liked this shot because it gives the feeling that there are fire behind the spotted deer. Fire means tiger.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-spotted-deer253-copy.jpg

Some more pictures.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-jan-22-2011-best-006-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-elephant107-copy.jpg

Regards
Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 12:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
When I was in Bandhavgarh last year Kankatti and Bamera were mating. Good to hear about the cubs...circle of life
Old 7th March 2012, 13:49   #34
BHPian

@Subrat - Thanks again for sharing such beutiful photos.
Already rated this 5-star - not only because of the photos and the log; because of the gesture of not shooting with flash and not allowing others also. If only everyone who enters the wild life areas is as much sensitive about the habitat. Bows to you.

PS : BTW did I mention I dont like intermissions? Keep it coming.
Old 9th March 2012, 14:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi Subrat,

You have clicked some awesome pics. I had first seen your pictures on india nature watch. This must have been a very fulfilling trip for you after seeing both the big males of Bandhavgarh. Great photos indeed! Waiting for more pictures from you. Please upload asap; can't wait till you upload them.

P.S: Going slightly off topic, but this is a question for you as well as all wildlife and Bandhavgarh enthusiasts. Is there any site or document from where I can get a full and reliable family tree of Bandhavgarh tigers? Right from before Sita/Charger/Banka to the current generation?

P.S.2: I have seen landofthewild.com by Sachin Rai, but I am not sure if the family tree is updated there. I will post a pic of the family tree of Bandhavgarh tigers that I have; soon.
Old 9th March 2012, 16:28   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
When I was in Bandhavgarh last year Kankatti and Bamera were mating. Good to hear about the cubs...circle of life
I think, she is rearing three cubs. Sighting is little less because Bamera is in mating agression and done mating with another tigress called Rajbehra female. Hope the sightings improves in summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
@Subrat - Thanks again for sharing such beutiful photos.
Already rated this 5-star - not only because of the photos and the log; because of the gesture of not shooting with flash and not allowing others also. If only everyone who enters the wild life areas is as much sensitive about the habitat. Bows to you.

PS : BTW did I mention I dont like intermissions? Keep it coming.
Thank you so much for the star. I will upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Hi Subrat,

P.S: Going slightly off topic, but this is a question for you as well as all wildlife and Bandhavgarh enthusiasts. Is there any site or document from where I can get a full and reliable family tree of Bandhavgarh tigers? Right from before Sita/Charger/Banka to the current generation?

P.S.2: I have seen landofthewild.com by Sachin Rai, but I am not sure if the family tree is updated there. I will post a pic of the family tree of Bandhavgarh tigers that I have; soon.
Thank you for your appreciations.

About tiger tree: Sachin has done that and i do not think it is updated now. However, that is the best one. Also, i have a book called :Bandhavgarh Inheritance by Bittyu Sahgal of Sanctuary Asia and there is a tiger tree. You can refer to that too.

PS2: I would love to see yout tiger tree. Please do not forget to share with me.

Actually, i am sharing here the pictures of my visits to Bandhavgarh not only the recent ones.

This was the fourth time i visited Bandhavgarh. My wife and i determined to visit the Fort and did the one and half K.M. trek. There is possibility that you can see tiger on your trek to the Temple. Honestly, we saw some fresh pugmark of Kankatti tigress and confirmed that a group saw in the morning trek.

When we heard alarm call of Sambhar, the guide said that please do not run, when you see tiger. Just stay together and do not get panic.

However, we did not see any tiger. This was a nice experience.Sharing some of the pictures here.

Thesecond picture is a place where numerous tigress have reared their cubs starting from Sita.

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-fort117-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-fort47-copy-2.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-fort119-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-fort120-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-ganesh47-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-fort124-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-lord-ram68-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-tortoise-fort53-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-vishnu-fort53-copy.jpg

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-bandheni-hill171-copy.jpg
Subrat Seet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 17:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

About tiger tree: Sachin has done that and i do not think it is updated now. However, that is the best one. Also, i have a book called :Bandhavgarh Inheritance by Bittyu Sahgal of Sanctuary Asia and there is a tiger tree. You can refer to that too.

PS2: I would love to see yout tiger tree. Please do not forget to share with me.
Pertaining to this, here is a picture of the family tree (tree.zip) that I have. I had scanned it from Wild Tigers of Bandhavgarh:Encounters in a Fragile Forest by Iain Green. The second zip (map.zip) contains a hand drawn map of Tala zone by Satyendra & Kay Tiwari.

map.zip

tree.zip
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 07:38   #38
BHPian

Wow this really brings back such fond memories- I had been to Bhandhavgarh way back in 2002! and had an incredible time. Just need to find my photos of the three tigers together!
I had at that time posted on another forum, Must try to locate the same.
What an experience!!
Old 21st March 2012, 01:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
The tiger is one of the most recognisable wild animal worlds over. Presently, it occupies only about 7 per cent of its original range. It is the road to extinction, because we do not know enough about it. Because we aren’t interested in it. Many of us get paranoid when we thought of visiting a jungle and see wild animals especially tiger. Till the time i saw a tiger in the wild, i was of the same impression but the desire to see a tiger in the wild was much more than the fear about it.

Therefore, i decided to go to Bandhavgrah Tiger Reserve to see the tigers in the wild, which is one of the finest tiger reserves of India.

I have been visiting Bandhavgarh since November 2010. So, far i have visited four times [November 2010 (five rounds), January 2011 (10 rounds), May 2011 (6 rounds) and the current one in February 2012 for 9 rounds.

It was long-time, i wanted to visit there and finally decided to visit in February 2012 for 10 rounds. Though, tiger is the special attraction at Bandhavgarh but you can see many more things, if you do not see tigers. So, i will try to show you tigers as well as some new things which i got this time.
There are lots of information available here about Bandhavgarh, so i will try not to write them but anybody wants any information about the route, accomodations, safari bookins etc. i will be happy to provide them.
Here, i will try to share more pictures than writeups.

This is a typical Jackle kill.

The Ghost Eye: Brown Fish Owl

Pic 1: Langur Close up, Pic 2: Langur family and pic 3: Langur eating mud because they get salt from it.

Jungle Bush Quail

Colour scoop

Jungle Owlet

Rajbehra Medows: Forest guards on elephants on their regular tracking job

Spotted deer

Bison, which is called Gaur

Jackle on the road

Pond Heron

Indian Roller in the morning light.

Sambhar after a mud bath: The colour of the water is red during day time and turns green later part of the day. The guide said it is algae, which changes colour.

Hope you will like.
Regards
Subrat
Superb captures, Thanks for the share. Waiting for more pics.
Old 21st March 2012, 01:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for liking them.

Actually, the mother and baby Langur was sitting alone. Suddenly, another group came, so, the father came to protect the family. That's what the male does.

Sure, i will upload more.

Here are some pictures of my January 2011 trip. I was lucky enough to get this New male (Bamera) for one hour 45 minutes.

This is the new king of Tala Zone Now called Bamera Male.

Bandhavgarh fort from Rajbehra Meadow.

Bandheni Hills from Rajbehra Meadows.

Regards
Subrat
Magnificent Pictures. Keep them coming
Old 21st March 2012, 21:50   #41
BHPian

you are doing a great job subrat. Keep it up. I am glad that you were there to document all this and sad that I missed out on this trip with you.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 5th March 2013, 11:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Subrat - Just saw this on Bhadavgarh facebook. I think this from the same series as this thread. Congrats and a great snap too

Bandhavgarh - A Different Perspective-bhandavgarh.jpg
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 17:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Subrat - Just saw this on Bhadavgarh facebook. I think this from the same series as this thread. Congrats and a great snap too

Attachment 1058434
Thank you so much for uploading it here. This one is of my picture taken during my visit in November 2012. Let me explain.

I was really happy, when I got a mail from Mr. Julien Mathew of Tiger Nation (http://tigernation.org/) and asked me, whether he can use this picture for a leaflet as "Your Nature Guide to Bandhavgarh". The answer was spontaneously “Yes”. Now the leaflet is available at most of the resorts at Bandhavgarh. Also, with guides and at the gates of Bandhavgarh too. These all would not have happened without all your encouragements. So thank you all. Also, it would not have been possible without great support of my travel partners i.e., my wife Meenakshi, Daughters Sakshi and Kavya. Finally, How can I forget Vikas, my most trusted (Gypsy Driver) and the one with whom the journey at Bandhavgarh started i.e., Mukesh Burman.

Here is the leaflet.

BANDHAVGARH Leaflet Final Draft.pdf
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks